• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2015 - Steam GOTY results still delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nete

Last chance!

SteamGAFers between Rio Bravo and Cabo de Hornos, here is a pretty Homeworld for you.

SteamGAFers who live anywhere else, I'm sorry but you all are as fucked as I was when I received the gift in the first place :p. If you don't live in one of the next countries, you won't be able to activate it due the region locks, so better don't enter the giveaway.

zJ942f3.png

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Nete, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Pay it forward. You can only win this game if you've given away a game since you last won a game (minimum one total giveaway).
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Homeworld Remastered Collection -- MB-FEE5E1D818BF601E - Taken by Kurt Russell. 4 entrants total.
Latin America Steam Gift, so it's region locked.

t1424397663z1.png

Man, Argarest really doesn't put it's best foot forward to start.

"Weiss! Weiss! Here's 30 different systems, and we're going to explain each of them about 1/3 of the way through!"

"...?"

"Make sure you know the difference between UP, LP, and SP, okay!"

Jawmuncher

Man, Argarest really doesn't put it's best foot forward to start.

"Weiss! Weiss! Here's 30 different systems, and we're going to explain each of them about 1/3 of the way through!"

"...?"

"Make sure you know the difference between UP, LP, and SP, okay!"

It's all pretty easy after a bit. By far the hardest things is its way easy to mess up getting the true ending without a guide. Like you probabably already messed up. That and having the farm materials to better weapons is horrible. zero is a lot better in that's it's more straightforward though material farming is still there.

Momentary

Banned
Yeah, it'd be fantastic to see the Arc System Works fighting games on Steam. But given the terrible effort they've put into porting their games over so far, I'm not exactly confident we'll see them arrive in any sort of timely manner.

I'd love to see the Atlus titles come over too. I'd double dip on Catherine in an instant, and obviously the Persona titles would get bought as well.

I thought BBCSE was a fantastic port of their game. Unless you're talking about how long they take to port things over and their choice of games. Then yes, they do suck.

Jawmuncher

So is Atlus the last Big (for GAF crowd) developer (japanese not the U.S. publishing) with no presence on steam?
I can't think of any other big japanese names that haven't brought us at least something.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
does GAF now hate Total Biscuit?

Also is there a nice checklist for which DLC to get for Crusader Kings II

Jawmuncher

He's always been on the shit list on GAF after his opinions on DRM being a "Good Thing" for gamers. Or something like that. Also I think there was some why waste your time when you could be changing the world or something in there as well.

_hekk05

Banned
He's always been on the shit list on GAF after his opinions on DRM being a "Good Thing" for gamers. Or something like that. Also I think there was some why waste your time when you could be changing the world or something in there as well.

I don't know how you can take his console talk seriously or consider him an expert when he's a PC gamer through and through.

On PC stuff though, his stuff is top notch. Port reports and all that. And he has a thing with FOV sliders.

And then there's his gamergate thing, which I'm not going to talk about much lest it gets me banned. That's how bad that topic is.

I've already served my time.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
That was mainly the one i had in mind, even on ps2 it holds up really well..but would love the remakes of 5 6 and 7 as well

While I would also love this and would instantly buy Steam copies, I really have my doubts that this is going to happen any time soon. 5 and 6 were remade for the DS (and 5 is out now on Android with 6 being released some time soon) but the games were remade initially for the resolution of two screens, and then re-remade with forced portrait screen orientation on phones and tablets. I'm not saying that makes a PC re-release impossible, but it means that porting these games to the PC is going to cost a lot more than their other Android -> PC ports. I'm sure they don't consider it worth the effort considering...

Dragon Quest 7 - we don't even have a localized version of the 3DS remake that was released in Japan 2 years ago. The only work that needs to be done to bring that version to the US is to provide a translation, and even that wasn't worth their effort. Back in September they basically said they weren't going to bother:

"In terms of Dragon Quest 7, it has a lot of text to go through and translate, and we've received so many requests and so much positive feedback about the game, but unfortunately, we have to consider the cost and the manpower needed to handle the sheer load of text."

I love Dragon Quest games, but I really don't see a Steam/PC release of any of the recent remakes happening any time soon. I'd of course love to be proven wrong.

r3n4ud

While I would also love this and would instantly buy Steam copies, I really have my doubts that this is going to happen any time soon. 5 and 6 were remade for the DS (and 5 is out now on Android with 6 being released some time soon) but the games were remade initially for the resolution of two screens, and then re-remade with forced portrait screen orientation on phones and tablets. I'm not saying that makes a PC re-release impossible, but it means that porting these games to the PC is going to cost a lot more than their other Android -> PC ports. I'm sure they don't consider it worth the effort considering...

Dragon Quest 7 - we don't even have a localized version of the 3DS remake that was released in Japan 2 years ago. The only work that needs to be done to bring that version to the US is to provide a translation, and even that wasn't worth their effort. Back in September they basically said they weren't going to bother:

I love Dragon Quest games, but I really don't see a Steam/PC release of any of the recent remakes happening any time soon. I'd of course love to be proven wrong.

Well now, aren't you a Debbie downer :(

You're right though. I don't see DQ on Steam any time soon.

zkylon

zkylewd
i think total biscuit is fine, i don't always agree with him but that's the beauty of all humans being unique snowflakes, you're not all copies of each other and listening to a different perspective might actually tell you something you didn't know

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I guess a good rule of thumb is pricey DLC in CK2 = much more content?

Huh, something happened about him? Wasn't paying attention much.

"GAF" isn't a person and I can assure you thousands of people on GAF watch/listen to Total Biscuit. But I also don't think it would take a NASA certified rocket scientist to figure out why some people might not think much of him.

Ahh true lol

Nete

CK2 wiki.

At the end it depends on what to do you want to do. Play as Muslim? Rule a Republic? Be cool and become a Viking?... If you don't, just ignore the related DLCs.

On the extra mechanics the DLCs unlock for you, Legacy of Rome is probably the closer to a "must have", as retinues are a big deal. Well, and Charlemagne. Decisions can be huge.

Ignore graphic and music DLCs. Also, Ruler Designer can be hilarious.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Is there a way to make Sonic Generations to recognize my XBone controller? The configuration app only shows 360 controller and if I try to play the game with that it says the hardware used doesn't match the settings and doesn't let me play. Racing Transformed works fine so this is kind of annoying. I don't want to go back to 360 controller T-T

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Well now, aren't you a Debbie downer :(

You're right though. I don't see DQ on Steam any time soon.

I do wish I had more exciting news on the subject. I'm playing the recent remake of Dragon Quest 3 right now (almost finished) and it's an absolute marvel since here in the US we only ever got the NES and GBC versions which were both very technically limited.

I don't think we're even getting Theatrhythm Dragon Quest
although I've pre-ordered my import copy
that has very minimal amounts of text to translate, which kinda speaks volumes about what Square Enix thinks of the Dragon Quest fanbase in the US.

I'll say it again though: I will buy any Dragon Quest games they release on Steam, Day 1, at full price.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member

I'm still disappointed that VII 3D will never be localized.

Haunted

Well, I can say that I've personally stopped watching his videos after his stance on gg became clear.

I've followed the guy since the early SC2 commentating days and respect what he's done in SC2 as well as the informative YT videos he's done over the years, especially his coverage of indie games. He struck me as a guy who tended to stood up for indies and against big publishers, championed quality games and thoughtful PC ports and railed against cash-ins and scams. He has had his missteps and sometimes ended up on the other side of debates, but I always respected what he did even if I didn't necessarily agree with his opinions.

But I absolutely can't stomach supporting him with views and videos anymore after the gg thing. Any content with him or related to him completely vanished from my regular internet rounds.

_hekk05

Banned
Hey iosefe I volunteer! And this is coming off me living in a coountry with mandatory conscription.

Name me hekk-kun and give me crazy hair too.

zkylon

zkylewd
Well, I can say that I've personally stopped watching his videos after his stance on gg became clear.

I've followed the guy since the early SC2 commentating days and respect what he's done in SC2 as well as the informative YT videos he's done over the years, especially his coverage of indie games. He struck me as a guy who tended to stood up for indies and against big publishers, championed quality games and thoughtful PC ports and railed against cash-ins and scams. He has had his missteps and sometimes ended up on the other side of debates, but I always respected what he did even if I didn't necessarily agree with his opinions.

But I absolutely can't stomach supporting him with views and videos anymore after the gg thing. Any content with him or related to him completely vanished from my regular internet rounds.
didn't know about this

sad, cos i always felt he was a sensible person capable of good critical thinking

i still think he's a good personality for pc gaming to have and i can't imagine him being one of those gg supporters

Corpekata

Banned
Turning point for TB for me was when it was revealed he contacted Irrational Games because he didn't like what an employee of theirs was saying about him.

Zafir

I didn't know GG was a matter of taking a single stance.
Well, he stated he was a supporter of it so apparently he thought as much. He also tweeted some ridiculous things, like the harassment not being a threat because it didn't physically happen or something along those lines. I'd dig up the tweets but since it was so long ago, it would probably be difficult to find.

That all said, I disliked him way before that. I have little tolerance for his arrogance towards people.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Please tell me SteamGAF isn't gonna start this up again. I hung around in SteamGAF originally to get away from it.
I have no intention to do so. I always stayed out of the debates, but every time I tried to see what people were arguing about, it was something different. It seems like trying to discuss the economy, foreign policy, healthcare, education, etc. I wouldn't ever presume there is one stance to have, or that I could easily get someone's perspective on the whole of it.

Haunted

I didn't know GG was a matter of taking a single stance.
Well, what I've seen from TB on the issue has made his stance very clear, and I adjusted accordingly. Not to derail this thread, it's obviously everyone's personal decision what they think is acceptable and who they think they should support.

---------------------

So how about that free Grow Home update, eh guys? Added a new sidequest/goal and a new skin. Maybe even two new skins, I wasn't aware of the other one before this update.

Miguel81

Is there a way to make Sonic Generations to recognize my XBone controller? The configuration app only shows 360 controller and if I try to play the game with that it says the hardware used doesn't match the settings and doesn't let me play. Racing Transformed works fine so this is kind of annoying. I don't want to go back to 360 controller T-T

Does the pad not work without having to mess with the config tool? When I received that message I had to delete the graphicsconfig.cfg in the SteamApps folder for Sonic to get the game running again.

Anustart

Finally after like 4 days of playing I get past the opening part of FF XIII. This so far is one of the most boring game's I've played. And I was a huge FF fan :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom