• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2015 - Steam GOTY results still delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's your funeral.
The most rage-inducing is that like half the irritants that are like a rusty nail driven through the sole of your shoe could have been fixed easily.
Squeidos almost had to have come into the office and just thrown everyone out, dragging them kicking and screaming away from their keyboard, to release this mess...

So I've heard. Bugged AI beyond belief, NPC's who talk during cutscenes, the weird "this is Thief 4 but really isn't" vibe... more than anything else, this is the game I'm going to play when I get an upgraded rig. I've put a good 200-300 hours into the series over the years, and the botched release piqued my interest.

I mean, I've watched a playthrough online, but I need to experience it for myself.

Turfster

So I've heard. Bugged AI beyond belief, NPC's who talk during cutscenes, the weird "this is Thief 4 but really isn't" vibe... more than anything else, this is the game I'm going to play when I get an upgraded rig. I've put a good 200-300 hours into the series over the years, and the botched release piqued my interest.
controls that are broken, camera that gets taken away from you at random points, one-way doors galore, broken animations, repet-repeti-repititi-repititive barks that interrupt themselves, the list goes on and on...

Yeah, I've probably played over 1000 hours of the trilogy, and I've sunk (choosing my words carefully here) about 50 into this abomination.
It pretty much boils down to 'meh dishonored clone', but it failed to reach even that.

zkylon

zkylewd
It's the Co-Op 2 Bundle

Tier 1:
Shadow Puppeteer
ibb and obb - Best Friends Forever Double Pack
Hero Seige

Tier 2 (PTA):
Hammerwatch
Damned

Tier 3 ($10):
Forced
Contagion

If you pay $30 you get 4 bundles. If you pay $17 you'll get 2 bundles.
sounds like a shitty bundle

This Advanced Warfare free trial is probably going to be the first time I play a computer fps online since the CS source days.

what's this free trial about?

i don't see it in the game's store page

controls that are broken, camera that gets taken away from you at random points, one-way doors galore, broken animations, repet-repeti-repititi-repititive barks that interrupt themselves, the list goes on and on...

Yeah, I've probably played over 1000 hours of the trilogy, and I've sunk (choosing my words carefully here) about 50 into this abomination.
It pretty much boils down to 'meh dishonored clone', but it failed to reach even that.

Just think, we could have had Stephen Russell doing the voice instead of that lame replacement:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3aD67_aZW0

Makes you wonder...

zkylon

zkylewd
It's a Steam free weekend, so it's already in your library.
(Unless it's not, and then you need to restart your Steam)

thank you, useful person

43 gigs tho, i don't think i'll be able to download it on time

shit

why is the multiplayer portion of a game 43 gigs

the fuck is wrong with developers these days

I liked call of duty too.

Then infinity ward went to shit, and blops II happened.

No going back now. I would rather play thief 2014
i like playing it on free weekends, two days is all i need of call of duty every year

but 40 gigs is stupid

these are stupid times we live in

Sajjaja

Oh, hello there.

tGuVjkc.jpg

Turfster

Just think, we could have had Stephen Russell doing the voice instead of that lame replacement:

I don't even mind the new voice actor so much (when he's on character and not slipping, which happens a couple of times), compared to all the other things wrong with the game, but yeah...

Another one: my death voice sounds NOTHING LIKE GARRETT now

First thing is to connect to your home wifi. I got 2 friends who can't even when they set their wireless security to none.

Seriously the new 3ds doesn't even support wpa2-psk(tkip).
Well it's a nintendo thing, nintendo doesn't understand internets ;)

Tizoc

Mornin' GAF, my back aches a bit and I didn't have a hot drink :V

Any interesting games pop up in the database or coming soon ala Tales of Zesteria?

Is there a way to make Sonic Generations to recognize my XBone controller? The configuration app only shows 360 controller and if I try to play the game with that it says the hardware used doesn't match the settings and doesn't let me play. Racing Transformed works fine so this is kind of annoying. I don't want to go back to 360 controller T-T

Sonic Generations is ridiculous in this regard. Have your headphones plugged in when you launch the config tool? Good luck then, be sure to have your headphones plugged in everytime you launch the game or be prepared for the least helpful message and fucking around in the config tool.

Turfster

Everyone that thinks every type of game needs a multistage end boss fight: fuck you
Everyone that thinks instakill enemies are fun: fuck you

Tizoc

Everyone that thinks every type of game needs a multistage end boss fight: fuck you
Everyone that thinks instakill enemies are fun: fuck you

Sometimes they work alright, like Ys OiF's final battle though that's more different pattern really.

Teggy

50 hours? I actually like the game and I put under 30 hours into my play through.

Speevy

Banned
I don't like instant kill enemies because the player is given almost no time to learn how stupid their strategy was.

Now, bosses should absolutely have attacks that almost kill you.

ExoSoul

Banned
I don't like instant kill enemies because the player is given almost no time to learn how stupid their strategy was.

Depends on the game, I agree with that but at the same time it doesn't mesh with every game type/mood. Just as long as Bosses are actually harder than normal enemies and don't just take longer to beat then I consider it a good design.

Turfster

Oh no this is worse, much worse.
So you're in a big room with a few small pillars that provide shadow, for what that's worth. The boss has the equivalent of a fucking NUCLEAR BOMB that INSTAKILLS YOU if you're not completely in shadow.
Did I mention there's like 50 clones of her floating around that if they see you (remember, almost zero cover), she teleports to where you are and goes nova?
Oh, and you need to grab 3 different things spread around the room on multiple levels.
Remember, the fucking controls are janky and broken, so the traversal doesn't alway work as it should.
And of course there's no saving.
Hell, the autosave at the beginning of the encounter resets you to a position that gives you HALF A FUCKING SECOND to get to safety before she goes boom.

So you're in a big room with a few small pillars that provide shadow, for what that's worth. The boss has the equivalent of a fucking NUCLEAR BOMB that INSTAKILLS YOU if you're not completely in shadow.
Did I mention there's like 50 clones of her floating around that if they see you (remember, almost zero cover), she teleports to where you are and goes nova?
Oh, and you need to grab 3 different things spread around the room on multiple levels.
Hell, the autosave at the beginning of the encounter resets you to a position that gives you HALF A FUCKING SECOND to get to safety before she goes boom.
What game is this? Thiaf?

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member

It works for some games though, like SMT: Nocturne.

Spoilers:
It's more than worth it when the background music suddenly changes and you go from fighting a glowing disco ball to a giant floating head.

Turfster

You only have yourself to blame :p

Like I said, research =p

What the fuck, I didn't get the custom difficulty of 700 or more... when I cranked it up to max (whatever that was, it was a year ago that I started playing this, gave up on it, and I only just went back this week =p)

Deques

Remember, the fucking controls are janky and broken, so the traversal doesn't alway work as it should.

I found that FF3 is worse.

The game doesn't have any save spots in the dungeons so you'll lose your progress if you die at the boss fight.
Last boss is a fucking badass who can almost instant kill you. The worse is that you need to fight 4 different bosses before the final boss, they drop Ribbon which nullifies a certain attack which causes all negative effects. And it can take an hour to do that.
Luckily the PC version has an auto-save function after each fight or room change, which you can use. But this will disappear if you die in a fight. So I had to quit the game right before my party dies.
I ended using a trainer, which gave me infinte HP, and defeated the last boss, because I didn't want to lose my progress to power level up my characters. The final boss is a fucking cheater

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom