• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2015 - Steam GOTY results still delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phawx

Hey Steam friends.

I have an advance copy of Barbarian Brawl:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/332730/

Requirements:

• Someone near NE US (to keep latency low)
  • Someone able to play around 1AM EST
  • Don't mind having the game you're in being recorded
  • Having a Mic is a plus, but isn't necessary

Let me know if you're interested.

While im whining about Batman Oranges: the game doesn't automatically enable Triple buffering but, instead, you can trigger it by alt tabbing out of the game and back into it. C'mon now, that's almost Assassin's Creed levels of incompetence.

Nzyme32

Team Fortress 3
Half Life 3
Portal 3
Left for Dead 3

Not possible, Valve can't count to three, and I doubt they will start a new franchise.

So close. It would be:

Team Fortress 2 Source 2
CS GO Source 2
Dota 2 Source 2
Left 4 Dead [insert sequel subtitle] Source 2

That'll keep those 3's away

RedFyn

Battlefield may not have aged well but there's still some fun to be had. My little brother loves it. He could play the Jedi vs Jedi mode on mos eisley all day.

Shadownet

Banned
You know the struggle is real when you gotta save up $12 to buy games.

BTW, does anyone know if the developer have release a schedule when the other episodes of Life is Strange will be out?

Worthless:
-Battlefront 2

giphy.gif

Not cool, man.

Alavard

I finally managed to finish The Evil Within last night, and wow, I'm actually quite pleased overall. The gunplay was extremely fun, and the controls were solid. And luckily by the time I'd started the game I had the patch to turn off the letter-boxing.

My only complaints are that the characters' dialogue was pretty bad, and the plot doesn't really make much sense. But me playing it as a giant mish-mash of every common horror game/movie trope made that a non-issue.

ExoSoul

Banned
Hi Gaf (as if I haven't been here all day...) I'm really sick
yep, again, that's chronic diseases for ya
/me
and feeling down so I thought I'd get myself something nice.

Can anyone shed some light on Torchlight/2 and Strike Vector? They seem interesting but I don't know much about any of them and I trust you guys more than some random youtuber.

r3n4ud

BTW, does anyone know if the developer have release a schedule when the other episodes of Life is Strange will be out?

Pretty sure devs said every 6 weeks. I could be wrong though

Episode 2 of LIS is scheduled for March, with the others TBA.

Hi Gaf (as if I haven't been here all day...) I'm really sick
yep, again, that's chronic diseases for ya
/me
and feeling down so I thought I'd get myself something nice.

Can anyone shed some light on Torchlight/2 and Strike Vector? They seem interesting but I don't know much about any of them and I trust you guys more than some random youtuber.

Torchlight was completely replaced by Torchlight 2; Strike Vector has a concurrent playerbase you can count on one hand; Torchlight 2 is OK but didn't grab me very much - probably's more fun with co-op buddies and some of the Workshop mods. Buy the Star Wars Humble Bundle if you don't own any of them - that's my recommendation.

Man, Birth by Sleep is REALLY empty. Dunno if is this way because it was a PSP game, but there are no characters at all in locations. I mean, during Cinderella event there were literally SIX people in this giant, empty room, including Terra.
All feels unreal.

And...I'm disappointed. I mean, I was waiting for this game for YEARS, when I played KH2 on PS2, this was a secret trailer, to unlock it you need to 100% the game...but man, it's so disappointing. It seems the whole game is focused on the last battle, the one you see from that trailer...and there's really NO plot.

I mean, Ventus travels around the world to find friends, that's all. Meh.

KH1 felt incredibly empty as it was just disney maps filled with heartless monsters. just these empty towns, nothing to do but hit things with a giant key. Haven't played a KH game since

RedFyn

It's repetitive, but there's definite enjoyment to be had in the singleplayer. I know this for a fact.
No doubt. I enjoyed playing through it again. Its not something I can sink days into anymore but its worth a run through. It was interesting playing it with my brother. He was 6 at the time (played it around august last year) and was loving it like I did years ago. I wish I still had that enthusiasm he has for games.

ExoSoul

Banned
Torchlight was completely replaced by Torchlight 2; Strike Vector has a concurrent playerbase you can count on one hand; Torchlight 2 is OK but didn't grab me very much - probably's more fun with co-op buddies and some of the Workshop mods. Buy the Star Wars Humble Bundle if you don't own any of them - that's my recommendation.

Paypal isn't an option for me =/
Thank you for your insight ^_^

Wow.

I'm still expecting someone to come out with a "Ha hah! Got you!" and tell me its a parody article.

I had the same reaction xD

Nzyme32

Is Mortal Kombat X region locked? The Russian price is mighty tempting

Also it looks like it might actually be developed by Netherrealms rather than ported over by a third party

Vlad

Florian Himsl, one of the creators of original Binding of Isaac, is working on a new update maybe a dlc for the original Binding of Isaac

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGHrNaRzKKo

I have mixed feelings about this

That's a really weird decision, seeing as Rebirth is kind of the definitive version now. I don't think I could go back and play the original any more. If anything, they need to work on getting the far, far superior soundtrack from Isaac into Rebirth.

You would have to pay me to buy MKX on the PC, especially if the rumors of how steamworks is the main cause of poor online gameplay in fighting games holds true. Injustice, MK9, and USFIV all are unplayable for me while the console versions run perfectly fine.

Well, just consider this one is even more empty. At least KH maps layout was a bit different. Here you have GIANT, and I mean GIANT rooms with absolutely nothing. No things to break, no NPCs, no decorative elements...nothing at all. I liked both KH titles (but consider I was a kid at that time, I used to consider that like masterpieces on that period, now I think they were...nice titles, with a crappy and confusing story, but an amazing soundtrack, a great art direction, but a limited gameplay).
On beginner I take usually 20 minutes to clean a world, often with 100% treasures.
Eh its still the best KH game IMO, has the best characters. Aqua>Terra>everyone else

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom