• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2015 - Steam GOTY results still delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah (life is strange spoiler)
I couldn't find a hiding spot then her dad spots the pot and she quickly says Max brought it, then you can refute that and after the dad leaves Chloe gets angry and calls max unreliable or something

I don't mind paying full price(well, 20% off because of Best Buy's GCU program) for Bloodbourne. Almost certainly going to be a great, lengthy game and one unlikely to come to the PC any time in the next 5 years.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Just another reminder that we (Indie Games thread people) posted our Indie Games GOTY thread over here:
2Vs2Z2r.png
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=985103

Quite a lot of Steam Games in there, so it should be relevant to the Steam thread too, but I highly suggest checking out some non steam games as well ;)

zkylon

zkylewd
I felt a bit the same in terms of all the references to artists or cult movies. But I don't share your enthusiasm for Chloe

Likewise am looking forward to ep 2
yeah it's not a deal breaker as even the supporting cast seems fairly well rounded, but it's one of the risks for this type of game.

there's a pretty dumb amount of namedropping which ends up being a weird way to build characters (max likes andy warhol, she must be an artist! warren likes cult exploitation movies, what a geek!) which i found kind of bad but overall the game seems to work and most importantly max and chloe seem to be likeable characters you feel like rooting for (i just met chloe but i like her rebellious and brutally honest personality over max's gloomyness and angst)

AHA-Lambda

Just finished Grim Fandango, what a great little game :)

played it with a walkthrough though, fuck the actual gameplay of those early PnC adventure games >_>

fantomena

Grr.. I have everything in that Star Wars bundle except Force Unleashed 2.

And the game was super terrible so not worth 12$ either.

Milamber

played it with a walkthrough though, fuck the actual gameplay of those early PnC adventure games >_>

Back in my days we didn't have walkthroughs and message boards and whatnot. We used the chicken and pulley by ourselves and liked it.

zkylon

zkylewd

so many things wrong here

little? grim is huge, easily one of the biggest adventure games ever

early adventure? it's like the last big adventure game ever released -__-

but you got the great right :> (and the puzzles being pretty crap lol)

titch

I still have my working DS (blue one), I only don't play on it anymore. Steam takes a lot of my time.

I agree, it just amount of work that scares me (><)

You know every time I hit this thread or the indie threads I end up with several games where im thinking ooh I'd like to play x, y, & z. It's bad enough sticking to one system now I'm thinking yeah hit some puzzles on my DS that'd be neat......no wonder I hardly play anything im to busy thinking yeah lets play that instead....

Chariot

Back in my days we didn't have walkthroughs and message boards and whatnot. We used the chicken and pulley by ourselves and liked it.
I used to call an expensive hotline to help me with Lugis Mansion. @.@
Walkthroughs/Cheats/Tips section in gaming magazines were very valuable too.

derExperte

'98 is early? Son, try playing some 80s stuff from Sierra. Grim is weaksauce for casuals, you can't die, you can't run into any dead ends and almost all puzzles make sense.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
I used to call an expensive hotline to help me with Lugis Mansion. @.@
Walkthroughs/Cheats/Tips section in gaming magazines were very valuable too.

expensive hotline ... ( &#865;° &#860;&#662; &#865;°)

AHA-Lambda

Early point and click? Grim was one of the latest PnC before "the fall".

so many things wrong here

little? grim is huge, easily one of the biggest adventure games ever

early adventure? it's like the last big adventure game ever released -__-

but you got the great right :> (and the puzzles being pretty crap lol)

Oh, I know it's not "little" in scope, just that it was a good game to sink a couple days into.

When I say early I just mean of that 90's era, I was 7 when GF came out :p

Yeah, sorry but fuck puzzles like that.

I'd never have finished great games like The Longest Journey without them for getting past crap with rubber ducks.

titch

'98 is early? Son, try playing some 80s stuff from Sierra. Grim is weaksauce for casuals, you can't die, you can't run into any dead ends and almost all puzzles make sense.

I cut my teeth on magnetic scrolls - those were the days...

not literally obv :)>

derExperte

Am I the only one that played adventures because he liked those slightly crazy puzzles? Figuring them out by myself was the greatest feeling.

I cut my teeth on magnetic scrolls - those were the days...

I remember getting relatively far in Wonderland but admittedly most text adventures* were too hardcore for me and my questionable English skills got in the way many times.

*Wonderland had a cool hybrid interface, you could play it 100% with the parser or open several windows to click together commands, see the inventory etc. Impressive stuff. Legend expanded on that during the early 90s but no one had a chance against Sierra and LA's more mainstream efforts.

milena87

When I got stuck in a Lucasarts PnC adventure game I just called someone from my family for help.

Monkey Island 2 was a group effort. There was me, my cousin, my sister, my uncle and my aunt all playing the game and thinking how to get through.

I played Indy and the Fate of Atlantis with my best friend and it took us a year to finish (not playing much, we would forget most of what we were doing every time we resumed the game)..

I loved these games growing up.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Gift activation is completely broken at the moment. Upon clicking "Add to my game library" the activation process insta-fails with the "The gift may have already been redeemed" error.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
This is a 3d spacechem right?

Yes, highly recommended.

Unfortunately, it doesnt have as much content as SpaceChem (I was done in 25 hours or so), but its a great game.

Toma

2KBSbP3.gif

Looks great. I wonder how crazy it gets with 3 dimensions.

Yeah, the 3rd dimension definitely adds a lot to the formula. Unfortunately, it doesnt quite reach the heights that SpaceChem did and I really hope they add more challenging content at some point.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Gift activation is completely broken at the moment. Upon clicking "Add to my game library" the activation process insta-fails with the "The gift may have already been redeemed" error.

volvo gonna volvo ;)

they always break shit

I'm ashamed to say I didn't own any of the games in the Humble Star Wars Bundle. Paid $12 for all of them, such an amazing deal.

Hope we get Jedi Outcast next week, that would be perfect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom