• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2015 - Steam GOTY results still delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jawmuncher

GMG has Joe Dever's Lone Wolf 30% off with 30PERO-FFLONE-WOLFXX
They also have Strider & Goat Simulator 50% off

Ski Park Tycoon keys are now available for Groupees Simulation
Hare in the hat (Desura?) keys now available for Groupees BAGB16

Reminds me that the RE:REV 2 expires today if it didnt already. Almost caved but I'll just wait for nuveem. Have a feeling I'm gonna get screwed over though.

Nabs

Oh man, I just took another look at wiki and now I realize I made another unalterable mistake :/

I went into Painted World and cleared the whole level with Priscilla in hollowed form.

This denies the occurrence of NPC invasion by Xanthous King Jeremiah forever, no matter if I go back there in human form.

I don't care about the 30k souls he drops but I will never get the chance in NG now to get the Xanthous Armor Set nor his Notched Whip :(

More and more my mistakes are amassing and I feel a NG+ will ne needed.

You're going to do a NG+ run and it's going to be amazing. NG may be taking a while, but NG+ will go by in a flash. I think it took me about 4 hours to get to Anor Londo on my first NG+ try.

Seriously, the second you're done with the game, go right back in w/ your character and see what you can break. NG+ is a load of fun.

Turfster

Reminds me that the RE:REV 2 expires today if it didnt already. Almost caved but I'll just wait for nuveem. Have a feeling I'm gonna get screwed over though.

See, just be poor like me.
Then you can just shrug and say "I'll get it eventually" =p

Clones keys now available for Flying Bundle XV

Gamersgate has Chivalry Deadliest Warrior 80% off, slightly more with 10AN-PREV-FEB2015

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me

GLifhn6.gif

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
but it reminded me another thing - any news about the lego hobbit and third movie?
is it gonna be dlc? is it gonna be different game? is it gonna be.. at all?

No news, no announcement, nothing. At this point the game is almost a year old, and while they said originally that they may offer the third movie's content via DLC, it's not been discussed again by them since last April. I hope I'm wrong, but my guess is that if it ever comes to be, it will be an entirely new game (LEGO - The Hobbit - The Complete Collection perhaps?).

However, since they missed the launch window of being able to hype the game and attract sales while the movie was still in most theaters, my guess is it's not going to happen. :(

Turfster

Daily Speedrunners 75% off
Humble Daily EVE (Various) 50% off

Also, my prayers have been answered. The new humble store layout finally lists percentages! No more doing maths in my head!

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Daily Speedrunners 75% off
Humble Daily EVE (Various) 50% off

Also, my prayers have been answered. The new humble store layout finally lists percentages! No more doing maths in my head!

math ... not even once ;)

Nzyme32

Some more thoughts on Grow Home

- No Uplay!
- Runs very well, no issues at all other than lack of AA options - but you can enable that via Nvidia/AMD control pannels
- This game is a really relaxing exlploration game.
- Only several hours in, so not sure where the game will take me, but it is a lot of fun so far, well worth the price to explore my own alien paradise, grow plants and sky dive / jump / fly to crazy places.
- Lots of islands, caves, plantlife and wildlife - Massive vertical expanse to explore rather than simple ground level
- Use these resources to explore and grow the large "Star Plant", guiding it's branches to new areas high above, using the alien paradise enviroment to help you along the way. Grow it into any shape you want!
- Climbing/grabbing mechanic is great. Uses triggers to control each arm. Demands that you pay attention to where your hands are, how you move, and what you hold on to.

As you go, and collect diamonds, you can unlock new abilities to help you get around. The scale of height as you keep going is awesome. It is a lot of fun attempting to climb weird structures that may have traps and also sky dive and fly around in the low gravity. Still enjoying it

Excuse my laptop's current low resolution

nlGGDa7.jpg

Made an OT since no one else did - http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=985718

Haven't played SpeedRunners in a long time. We should have a game night of it.
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (WinterDemons, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

SpeedRunners -- MB-09695704CD426C57 - Taken by Panda Rin. 21 entrants total.

t1423085013z1.png

Jawmuncher

Oh goodie.
Maybe Steam will get the Musou-lite and Producing Perfection as well.

Guess Re;birth1 PC is a big hit for IFI.

Played about an hour of Dead Island Epidemic and uh...yeah that's enough of that.

You don't want producing perfection.
It's pretty bad. To perfect the idol sections you no joke just mash all the buttons and keep rotating the camera.

AHA-Lambda

Noob question I'm sure but how do I burn bodies in Resi HD? I try to use the lighter and it just says "there is no need to use this right now"?

Positive impressions for Grow Home = Year started good for Ubisoft XD

And then when people love it, same said people will bitch that ubi pushed it out the door with absolutely zero advertising, sending it to die.

Sch1sm

Anyone actually play Rise of Incarnates here? If so, they just emailed me an early registration gift you can redeem through the in game store. Subject said "Play Today and Redeem" so I assume it's just for today. Email tags.

Noob question I'm sure but how do I burn bodies in Resi HD? I try to use the lighter and it just says "there is no need to use this right now"?

Try kerosine. Or an incendiary (flamethrower or something).

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Before Besiege, I'd long since retired from physics oriented sandboxy games since I had my fill with Garry's Mod 7 or 8 way back. I enjoyed playing with moving legos but I never found myself wanting for construction-oriented challenges. And yet, every time I saw a gif or webm of someone's insane contraption in Besiege, I began to wonder if I had the capacity to construct such marvelous murder-machines myself.

While the aesthetics beg to paint oneself as a Da Vinci of the battlefield, with crude wooden structures yanked about with paper wings and spirals, some of the curveballs in expectations per stage make me feel more like a high schooler building their first popsicle stick bridge. Barraged with constant lessons on structural integrity, inertia, counterweight and exactly how many explode-y thingies my medieval marvel can take (spoilers: just one), I find the drawing board more fun than completing the actual objectives. Which isn't a slight against the goals themselves, which are simple to understand but... difficult to attain. It's to the credit of the death machine toolset,

I don't know if I have the patience to perfect a 3-stage rocket carrying a payload of Kerbals with powder bombs strapped to their chest, which would be deployed out of a ship flying high above the town several gods cursed to damnation when they gave me my objective. But I'll be damned if I'm not having fun bolting together a monstrosity I've so graciously titled "Motherfucker=Redeemer", cackling as it sets dozens of rank and file knights aflame. Thanks again to Speevy for Besiege!

IIRC, you need a flask filled with Kerosene as well. Need juice to properly light the body.

Parsnip

I feel like a wizard when I get stuff like this working.
The best part is that I'm still relatively early in the game and I'm probably horribly inefficient and I know I can do better.

infinifactory_2015_04_02_20_45_06_by_majorparsnip-d8go3z2.gif

<3

MUnited83

For you.
Oh man, I just took another look at wiki and now I realize I made another unalterable mistake :/

I went into Painted World and cleared the whole level with Priscilla in hollowed form.

This denies the occurrence of NPC invasion by Xanthous King Jeremiah forever, no matter if I go back there in human form.

I don't care about the 30k souls he drops but I will never get the chance in NG now to get the Xanthous Armor Set nor his Notched Whip :(

More and more my mistakes are amassing and I feel a NG+ will ne needed.

You need a NG+ anyways if you want to get everything :p

kris.

Banned
Afternoon, ladies and fellas. Leftover Humble Bundle stuff.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (kris., not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Star Wars Battlefront II -- MB-D3E3A4D46B86A0A2 - Taken by Shalashaska. 17 entrants total.
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords -- MB-22145E276DC0C3C2 - Taken by Hero Prinny. 28 entrants total.
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic -- MB-2A84F203A0E17B44 - Taken by Sajjaja. 13 entrants total.
Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy -- MB-97620EA390A6B42C - Taken by Madn. 12 entrants total.

t1423085494z1.png

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
I've heard of all these Star Wars games but I've never played any. Last SW game I played was on the N64. Based Dash Rendar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom