• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2015 - Steam GOTY results still delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Am I the only one who doesn't like to buy from GOG even when they have good deals? I'd much rather have everything stored in Steam with updates/cloud saves, etc.

Rogue Squadron was my last straw with them. I'm not gonna bother buying the game on Steam either whenever the exclusivity period ends either because it's clear that almost no effort was put into the repackage from anyone involved, be it Disney or GOG.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Extras from the current Indiegala monday bundle.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (BinaryPork2737, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Secrets of Raetikon -- MB-1C253A17100D1FAF - Taken by chronomac. 5 entrants total.
Depths of Peril -- MB-397170756166518C - Taken by someguyinahat. 3 entrants total.
Solar Struggle -- MB-434A952C5CDCEBEB - Taken by Cth. 3 entrants total.
King Arthur's Gold -- MB-3FEA78B38F8BB39C - Taken by Accoun. 2 entrants total.

t1425318608z1.png

Backlogger

Am I the only one who doesn't like to buy from GOG even when they have good deals? I'd much rather have everything stored in Steam with updates/cloud saves, etc.

I'm okay with GOG. There are some games that will just never appear on Steam or at least not as a good deal. I do try to maintain GOG solely for older DOS games. Newer games that are on both Steam and GOG I try to only buy on Steam. Plus on GOG you get all the artwork, wallpaper and other bonuses that are kinda cool.

I hope that GOG's new Galaxy launcher works for all their games (not just the ones with multiplayer), because then it would make it that much better.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Depths of Peril -- MB-EFFE6240A1379548 - Taken by WinterDemons

Turfster

New GOG games:
  • Monster BashAnother World
  • Vanishing of Ethan Carter

No luck getting a free game so far.
Really hoped for that free Carter =p

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
New GOG games:
  • Monster BashAnother World
  • Vanishing of Ethan Carter

Oh man, glad I got in on Monster Bash! I didn't even know this was on GOG but I played the everloving shit out of it when I was younger.

Thorgal

Ive been replaying Metro 2033 Redux and i am still scratching my head over the gun damage .

Take the shotgun : i fire that thing straight into a Nosalisis Head at point blank range and he's is dead .

Then when i do the same to another one it actually survives the shot .

hey do we know if the valve presentation (the first one about phsyics) is going to be livestreamed anywhere?

edit nvm a guy at steamdb said probably not

Alavard

Am I the only one still having issues with this MetaGamerScore thing?

It's been hours and I've still only got ~15 games of my 300+ Steam games that have scanned. No progress at all for hours. The full list of games are there, but they nearly all day 'not yet scanned'.

I've tried manual scans, but you only get like 5 a day and they only seem to be working on individual games. I tried a manual scan of all my Steam games and it didn't seem to do anything.

Arthea

Am I the only one still having issues with this MetaGamerScore thing?

It's been hours and I've still only got ~15 games of my 300+ Steam games that have scanned. No progress at all for hours. The full list of games are there, but they nearly all day 'not yet scanned'.

I've tried manual scans, but you only get like 5 a day and they only seem to be working on individual games. I tried a manual scan of all my Steam games and it didn't seem to do anything.
That's not a problem, that's how this site works, for more games it can take days, just leave it be, it will scan everything with time, usually 24 hours is enough, but today a lot people with thousands of games joined, so it can take longer.

Hatoful Boyfriend!

I second this

edited: I need to buy two games on gog, which I'm sure won't even be on sale, but how can I just leave it be and play my games, right? (><)

Alavard

That's not a problem, that's how this site works, for more games it can take days, just leave it be, it will scan everything with time, usually 24 hours is enough, but today a lot people with thousands of games joined, so it can take longer.

Hmm, well, I'll let it be. I'm just surprised that it scanned my PSN games extremely quickly but barely made a dent in my Steam games.

3d Realms hasn't fully developed a game since before half of this message board was alive.

so yeah im confident this new game will come out within the next couple of years

Xeodrifter seems like it just came out of nowhere.

It's Devolver-backed, so I'm naturally interested. It's got a Master Blaster thing going on, which is a massive plus.

Turfster

3d Realms hasn't fully developed a game since before half of this message board was alive.

so yeah im confident this new game will come out within the next couple of years

This is from like... a fan studio or something that were doing a duke nukem game and suddenly the corpse of 3D Realms reared its head and then Gearbox went "wait, what are you doing?" and then it became this... or something.

This is from like... a fan studio or something that were doing a duke nukem game and suddenly the corpse of 3D Realms reared its head and then Gearbox went "wait, what are you doing?" and then it became this... or something.

Interceptor are doing it

They made Rise of the Triad 2013

Ruruja

Can someone please help me out here. Feeling really stupid with this one :(

I think you can make the hex between the two 3's at the bottom left blue, as due to the 1, both sides of it can't be blue, so the two 3's overlap.

That'll make the rest of that column grey due to the -2-.

Disclaimer: I might be wrong, don't hate me if I am.

Nabs

Can someone please help me out here. Feeling really stupid with this one :(

I wish the game would let you save state with a puzzle so you could come back to it later and continue from where you left off.

The 1 in the middle has something you can do w/ it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom