• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2015 - Steam GOTY results still delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lain

*pulls out iPhone*

Why the hell is Dragon Quest VIII not on PC yet!?

The devs tasked with porting it keep getting stuck in random battles every two steps taken towards their desks so they still haven't been able to begin the porting process.

autoduelist

Anyone knows if PS+ just for a Vita would be good?

Depends on your tastes? I think it would be worth it, but I have a Vita, PS3, and PS4 (though never play my PS3 anymore). You can claim all the games on the webstore in case you ever get a PS4 later.

The last 6 months (only doing 6 months to keep the list smallish since this isn't the psn thread, annual card is $50 at full price, so ~$25 for this 6 month sampleor $4.16 a month) would have gotten you the following Vita games in NA:

Joe Danger
PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale
TxK
Velocity 2X
Pix the Cat
Rainbow Moon
Spelunky
Escape Plan
Luftrausers
SteamWorld Dig
The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth
The Hungry Horde
Final Horizon
Titan Attacks
Duke Nukem 3D: Megaton Edition
Swapper
Woah Dave!
Kick & Fennick
Rogue Legacy

That's a ridiculously good deal in my opinion. Not all the games are great, obviously, but there are enough 'must haves' just for my vita to validate ps+ even if I didn't have the other systems. You also get extra discounts during sales, which pays for my subscription in and of itself. I already owned several of those games on Steam but prefer playing on my vita by a long shot. It only takes a couple 'great' games to make me feel like my ps+ annual purchase is justified (say, Binding of Isaac + TxK + Velocity 2X), making all the rest of the games in the above list bonus... not to mention, there are still 6 months more worth of Vita games, plus ps4/ps3 not shown, plus discounts... it's the easiest $50*(or less) I spend a year on gaming.

Buuuu buuu buuuuuut you don't actually own the games. Sony is just tying you down man, scaming us all. WAKE UP
:p

Finally found a good team who is wrecking me as a monster again, people should come play Evolve :p

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Has Valve ever given any reason why they give out your private email address when you gift someone a game? It's a really shitty practice when they do not in any way inform you that sending a gift will result in your email address being given out (unless it's hidden in some fine print somewhere).

What's especially bad about it is that it's a security hole, because this email address is always the same address as the one you have enabled for Steam Guard, which just makes it easier for phishers.

I think it's because that's how the sender is added to your list upon accepting the gift -- via account e-mail rather than profile id. In Steam Community's earlier days it was possible to search for friends via e-mail address, but this functionality was later removed for the very reason you mention.

all is cool in february

this is what god made february for

It would be nice if you dialed down a bit on treating this thread like an IRC chat room. You don't need to post literally everything that comes to mind. ;)

Miguel81

Just finished up a CQC run of REmaster. The hardest part was definitely
The Crimson Zombie in the Crypt
The game has been a helluva nostalgic ride and I still have two more cheevos to get. I'll welcome Zero with open arms, though it's not on the level of this one.
bhd.exe_2015-02-10-08-20-09-073.jpg

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
really weird that you single me out but sure, whatever

You're one of the top posters in the thread so the volume of asides that stand on their own stick out. Things in general are still good, though: I actually started reading through the thread in its entirety again, something I couldn't really continue doing following last year's post-Summer Sale influx.

Do you guys know how I add my Dolphin and PCSX games to my Steam library?

http://www.reddit.com/r/Steam/comments/1fif09/howto_add_nonsteam_game_shortcuts_of_emulated/

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Capcom needs to make a new Resident Evil Outbreak. Classic Resident Evil style since the remake has done so well, with the ease of use that comes with Steam and modern server systems (or peer to peer if need be) for a group of friends to work together.

I would also settle for Resident Evil Pinball table.

milena87

Now that I finished Apotheon, I can't decide what to play next.

I'm kinda in the mood for an adventure or a puzzle game. The Talos Principle is extremely tempting, but I'll probably wait for a price drop.

Then there's Grim Fandango, but I have yet to decide if Double Fine deserves the 13,something€ it costs on the Humble Store. By the way, does anyone know why the game isn't available on GMG? I still have some credit there and it would certainly make the choice much easier :p

Or I might just play a game from my backlog, like Cognition or the Blackwell games. Decisions, decisions...

Miguel81

I'm kinda in the mood for an adventure or a puzzle game. The Talos Principle is extremely tempting, but I'll probably wait for a price drop.

Then there's Grim Fandango, but I have yet to decide if Double Fine deserves the 13,something€ it costs on the Humble Store. By the way, does anyone know why the game isn't available on GMG? I still have some credit there and it would certainly make the choice much easier :p

Or I might just play a game from my backlog, like Cognition or the Blackwell games. Decisions, decisions...

King's Quest VI? Have you played that one. It's my favorite adventure game, and it has some cool puzzles. Beneath a Steel Sky is free on GOG(still?) and it was a fun little adventure. Disregard if you have played through these.

zkylon

zkylewd
You're one of the top posters in the thread so the volume of asides that stand on their own stick out. Things in general are still good, though: I actually started reading through the thread in its entirety again, something I couldn't really continue doing following last year's post-Summer Sale influx.

i don't really agree with what you say but if it annoys ppl i guess i'll see about toning myself down

Arthea

I begin to think that Agarest 2 releasing this month got in a way of Way of the Samurai, not that I know anything, I just had this occur to me.

Yesterday I played Crystal Story 2 for two hours, decided it's time to play something else, like maybe finish some game of my unfinished 100... then I've played another two hours of Crystal Story 2 (><)
I'm having a blast with this game, it's so my kind of game, it's not serious at all, humour is light and always present, there are lot of different things to do, I went fishing yesterday for example. The only downside is that I have no means of obtaining whistles for dropping my pet on heads of my enemies, I got some from my pet initially but I didn't find any other means of obtaining them, that bothers me and a game is easy, but that's OK for me, as long as I'm having fun.

milena87

Blackwell titles are short and very, very good. Cognition has an amazing first episode, sadly other episodes are not on par with that.

For Grim Fandango, the game is still full of bugs, I just posted a link before your post.
Don't know if DoubleFine deserves your money for the game in the state it is now (if you buy it from HB you receive a DRM free copy too).

Yeah, I probably would have bought Grim Fandango by now, but the various reports of bugs really put me off :/

Good about Blackwell, I really have to check it out sooner or later.

King's Quest VI? Have you played that one. It's my favorite adventure game, and it has some cool puzzles. Beneath a Steel Sky is free on GOG(still?) and it was a fun little adventure. Disregard if you have played through these.

Uhm, King's Quest VI? I'll check it out, thanks. Never played a game from this series before :)

Arthea

I need to finish Cognition and the Blackwell games myself. If you by any chances haven't played the Room yet (sorry if you did, I don't remember), I suggest it a lot and then some, it's great.

Deques

This is depressing:
http://www.doublefine.com/forums/viewforum/80/
I think it's worse than SH HD Collection, strange community is so quiet about this (maybe because it's not a major release like SH HD was? Dunno)

Not sure what you want to say from the link. It is a technical forum where people report bugs in a game. Many game developers have such forums for bug reporting. If the devs are actually reading the report,we don't know

milena87

I need to finish Cognition and the Blackwell games myself. If you by any chances haven't played the Room yet (sorry if you did, I don't remember), I suggest it a lot and then some, it's great.

Ah, I loved The Room, yes! It was such a great game that made me crave other puzzle games, then you guys recommended the Hexcell series and I binged through them all as well :p

Lol, my mouse died in the middle of a match and I still won(had to run across the room, grab my xbox one controller, and plug it in) Maybe Evolve will get old but as of now just playing as the monster is exhilarating, especially when better players know how to work together to take you down. Unlocked the second monster who plays completely different as he focuses on flight and ranged attacks. Imagine the meta game will get pretty complicated as people figure out the different hunter roles and monster abilities.

Turfster

Why are so many people defending this horrible DLC practices for Evolve? Just checked the Review- and OT of Evolve and people defending it (the DLC).

First they came with horse armor, and we all laughed.

Then they came with palette switches for fightmans, and we scoffed, because fightmans people, right?

Then they came with monthly map packs, and less people laughed, and those of us that were left, grew worried.

Then came Evolve, and we reaped what we sowed.

Miguel81

Yep, I suggest to play the entire King's Quest series, is just very good. You can play first three chapters for free in their remake version (yeah, a remake is a MUST for those games, expecially KQ1).

http://www.agdinteractive.com/games/games.html

I suggest even the last one, King's Quest VIII Mask of Eternity. It's very different from other games, there are some bugs too, but I found it very good and entertaining.

I don't want to overwhelm milena87, so I'll say that VI is great as a single title to choose from the series. You're right about the remakes, as the first 2 have been a blast. Love the AGD guys and their great work.

Arthea

Ah, I loved The Room, yes! It was such a great game that made me crave other puzzle games, then you guys recommended the Hexcell series and I binged through them all as well :p

ya, I remember that you played through Hexcell series. :)
For more obscure games, if you have some of Nightmares from the Deep games, try them, they aren't your typical hidden object games, there are a lot of puzzles and good and games in general are enjoyable even if somewhat on easy side, variety of puzzles pays for it. And you should have some of those games as these have been in several bundles.

First they came with horse armor, and we all laughed.

Then they came with palette switches for fightmans, and we scoffed, because fightmans people, right?

Then they came with monthly map packs, and less people laughed, and those of us that were left, grew worried.

Then came Evolve, and we reaped what we sowed.

that's so true, Turf, it hurts.
Where we draw the line? And why we still haven't?

Ozium

new steam client update is weirding me out how it tells you when you purchased a game that you haven't played yet (which then says when you last played and how long total)

and the fonts look weird or smaller or something I dunno

Just finished Far Cry 4, ending felt a little rushed and not all that satisfying, didn't really like any of the choices I was given.

Big ending spoiler below, don't click unless you've beaten the story.

Is it weird that I liked and sympathized more with Pagan Min than I did with Sabal or Amita? They were both asses, but I had to pick one or the other, I picked Sabal even though his ideas are messed up. Let Amita go, killing her was kinda pointless and just a shitty thing for Sabal to ask Ajay to do. I had dinner with Pagan at the end but blew his chopper up on his escape because I couldn't just let him get away. It would have been cool if they actually did something with the whole "you're the new king of Kyrat, I picked you to take over" plotline other than a throwaway line at the end that effects nothing. Sabal was still the leader at the end and I was still the goon that just runs around and kills stuff.

milena87

ya, I remember that you played through Hexcell series. :)
For more obscure games, if you have some of Nightmares from the Deep games, try them, they aren't your typical hidden object games, there are a lot of puzzles and good and games in general are enjoyable even if somewhat on easy side, variety of puzzles pays for it. And you should have some of those games as these have been in several bundles.

Apparently I have The Cursed Heart, I'll check this out as well, thanks :)

Arthea

new steam client update is weirding me out how it tells you when you purchased a game that you haven't played yet (which then says when you last played and how long total)

and the fonts look weird or smaller or something I dunno
just ignore it, or you'll go insane

I posted DRAGON THE MMO on previous page, just for you, please don't let my work be in vain!

Uzzy

I rather enjoyed Cognition, so I'd suggest that. Very good story and main characters. Not played the Blackwell games though.

zkylon

zkylewd
Why not just kill GL? You know, something that they've been talking about for years...

because if they kill it overnight for a reason as dumb as this one then suddenly we're back to 5 years ago and nothing's fixed

valve is just working on a solution at their usual glaciar pace, but for the time being, making clarifications such as these is better than nothing

Arthea

because if they kill it overnight for a reason as dumb as this one then suddenly we're back to 5 years ago and nothing's fixed

valve is just working on a solution at their usual glaciar pace, but for the time being, making clarifications such as these is better than nothing

Is there really a solution? Greenlight would have worked as intended, if not "free keys for voting" and that was unavoidable unfortunately. I don't see a way around it. Opening flood gates, means just that, flood, otoh situation isn't that different today. Only... not all games get greenlit, inspite of popular belief.
I tried to make Valve's work and come up with solution and I failed. It's really comes down to this: or you have someone to allow games on steam or not, it then depends on how reasonable that someone is, because imagine someone "VNs aren't games" in that position and nobody is totally unbiased, anyway, or you let users decide - meaning greenlight and obviously user votes can be bought with promise of free keys, you don't even have to deliver, just promise, how it have been proven time and again (><)
Or you let selfpublishing run wild and then some really ugly things happen sooner or later, rather sooner and users are unhappy with broken or unfinished games being released on daily basis.
Actually users are never happy either way, no? (><)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom