• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2015 - Steam GOTY results still delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
It's sad that South America gets screwed either way. We have to wait for European release dates when those are later than US ones, and we have to wait for US release dates when Europe gets a game first.

well technically Evolvo's unlock is time-based :p it unlocks at midnight for everyone

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
2015-02-10_02-26-15.jpg

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Hey stump, when are you no longer AFK?

If it's an emergency, I'm not AFK and I'm available to help you out, but if it's a routine thing, it's going to be a while--probably not until mid-March or later. It would seriously be my preference that for moderation/administration things, go through any other mod, and if it's something they need me to be able to take care of, they'll refer it to me. If it's just "how you doing man, wish you were around more to talk", then, yeah, me too but I'm super busy right now. :(

If it's an emergency, I'm not AFK and I'm available to help you out, but if it's a routine thing, it's going to be a while--probably not until mid-March or later. It would seriously be my preference that for moderation/administration things, go through any other mod, and if it's something they need me to be able to take care of, they'll refer it to me. If it's just "how you doing man, wish you were around more to talk", then, yeah, me too but I'm super busy right now. :(
You already started your higher education in the US of A?

iosefe

I meant it casually. Kinda miss the old tag. you're situated well enough, I assume?

good to know , now the quality of future greenlighted games will be better

I don't see this happening to any appreciable degree. The reason garbage gets in is because Valve greenlights way too many titles. For a while last year they were letting in hundreds of games every month, which led to trash like Air Control getting onto Steam. The barrier of entry is seemingly so low that it might as well not exist, so I don't know how much of an impact devs promising free keys had. As I mentioned earlier, I'm convinced Greenlight bundles contributed to the problem (as it were) far more than this practice.

What's actually required is for a Valve employee to look at titles before approving them and exercising the bare minimum amount of curation to ensure that the absolutely scummy garbage stays out.

Sorry guys, but that won't be happening. The train cannot be stopped.

Actually I thought they would finally get rid of the GL system this year.

I really think Valve, about those things, isnt that close to their community nowadays. I mean there was some reddit AMA about greenlight when it launched and half a year later. They said they need a new system and even Gaben said actually GL doesnt really work.

Jawmuncher

Actually I thought they would finally get rid of the GL system this year.

I really think Valve, about those things, isnt that close to their community nowadays. I mean there was some reddit AMA about greenlight when it launched and half a year later. They said they need a new system and even Gaben said actually GL doesnt really work.

It got us our visual novel though.

What's actually required is for a Valve employee to look at titles before approving them and exercising the bare minimum amount of curation to ensure that the absolutely scummy garbage stays out.

Then they need 1 employer for that. I mean 2 people on the GL team should be enough...

It got us our visual novel though.

But it is still totally incosistent. We have publishers who have to go through GL for every game even though they already have 5-6 games on Steam (mainly japanese), while others can release their crap on Steam without any hassle.

FloatOn

I deleted MGR because I cant seem to care about it anymore. I got to the monsoon fight and all interest just fizzled.

kind of how I feel about all games lately....

Shadownet

Banned
I deleted MGR because I cant seem to care about it anymore. I got to the monsoon fight and all interest just fizzled.

I just finished Saints Row 4 and I feel like I lost interest in anything else. Kinda feel burnt out really.. Maybe too much gaming lately.

Lomax

I just finished Saints Row 4 and I feel like I lost interest in anything else. Kinda feel burnt out really.. Maybe too much gaming lately.

Do what I've been doing, play short, terrible bundle games and force yourself to beat them in one sitting. It will feel like an accomplishment (do a list like the 52 games in a year), and it will help you appreciate the good games you play more.

FloatOn

It;s like... I know there are all these probably very good games I can be playing. Just tons of classics that I've missed but at the same time I'm just so bummed about the state of video games in general "next gen" has yet to do anything for me.

maybe I need some nintendo in my life. or I can just continue to play ping pong with my gf

tmarg

Fina-fucking-lly. Hopefully they'll be harsher on people that continue doing this, there's too much garbage making it's way onto Steam.

I don't think it's a new policy, they've just finally decided to make it clear to developers. It seems like common sense to me that Valve would consider the number of copies given away/sold at an extremely low price when considering putting something in their store.

Either way, the amount of garbage on Steam is likely only going to increase, Valve have made it obvious that they no longer have interest in doing any real curating for their platform.

Does anyone know this feeling when they have enough free time they dont wanna play anything, but when they have school/university/work they want to play as much as they can?

It helps if there is a game you get "sucked into". I also think playing multiple games at once isnt helping.

What's good First Person shooter nowadays? Not too much simulation, just want to shoot guns.

I do have BF4 game time available.

Wolfenstein: The New Order, as everybody else said. You get the fun of old school shooters mixed in with some modern stuff which doesn't feel out of place. Plus, the characters are well written and likable (and Blazkowicz has amazing eyes)

Maniac

Banned
Aw yeah.

4wXucSF.png

Next up, Deadly Premonition: Director's Cut and South Park: The Stick of Truth.

Steam... In Danish?!
You disgust me.
Lords of the Fallen is pretty neat so far. Nabs pointed out to me that switching the control scheme to "alternate" makes the controls exactly the same as Dark Souls which is dope.

It's weird... I kind of prefer LotF's control scheme. I'm sure I'd prefer the alternate one had I been playing a lot of Souls lately, which I haven't.

Also, I really, really like LotF. And it's so purdy!

Shadownet

Banned
Do what I've been doing, play short, terrible bundle games and force yourself to beat them in one sitting. It will feel like an accomplishment (do a list like the 52 games in a year), and it will help you appreciate the good games you play more.

Or commit Sudoku. Whichever come first right?

Does anyone know this feeling when they have enough free time they dont wanna play anything, but when they have school/university/work they want to play as much as they can?

It helps if there is a game you get "sucked into". I also think playing multiple games at once isnt helping.
Dude this is me right now. When I'm writing an essay or something, I can't wait to play some games, and then when I'm actually done with everything and have free time. I don't feel like playing anything.

And you're correct, playing multiple games does not help. You should just stick to one and get really into it. When you're immersed into it, to you tend to want to come back for more.

Ozium

Hmm, I see The Waste Land on sale, but I don't know if I really want something that follows the obtuse style Castlevania II: Simon's Quest.

It's even more obtuse than Castlevania II imo.

I bought it with card money but was similarly a little worried it might be turdish

At least you can be proud that you were right! Have you played it yet? I only tried it once, might need to give it a second chance.

What's good First Person shooter nowadays? Not too much simulation, just want to shoot guns.

Wrack - http://store.steampowered.com/app/253610/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom