• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2015 - Steam GOTY results still delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's good First Person shooter nowadays? Not too much simulation, just want to shoot guns.

I do have BF4 game time available.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (WinterDemons, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Wrack -- MB-0AC941AC4416C3BE - Taken by fuzzy123. 5 entrants total.

t1423539224z1.png

:p

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
It's even more obtuse than Castlevania II imo.

At least you can be proud that you were right! Have you played it yet? I only tried it once, might need to give it a second chance.

I also bought Castle in the Darkness, which is in the same genre and had a better reception, so I started on that one. I don't have a lot of gaming time right now so it's hard to say when/if I'll get to finish CitD and Outlast and everything else I'm playing to be able to get onto it, but I figured 1.49 in fake money is a good price.

Momentary

Banned
Damn this game was good. Just 1CC'd it... it's actually the only way to beat the game I believe. QP Shooting is the ultimate pudding simulator.

AA9C3B76AAF01884EEBDA219903ACE604BF09DC5

For me, it's top 5 on Steam for the genre it's in.

iosefe

Is FTL limited to 720p? I don't know if I should play it windowed, stretched, or with borders :(

you can modify it to output in 1080 in the settings. of course it's probably upscale,d but it looks good.

Code:
#Manual resolution choices - overrides anything in the options
#Set manual to 1 and then change the resolution
#Does not check if values are valid. Use with caution.
#If you do not support GL_ARB_framebuffer_object, "stretched" will not function
manual=1
screen_x=1920
screen_y=1080
windowed=0
stretched=1

it's in the root of the game, just change the correct settings in yours to this. and don't forget to set Fullscreen, of course

and this may be of interest:
http://www.ftlgame.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3107

I'm actually really excited to play Evolve, the OT description of all the classes makes it seem really exciting now that I know the basics of managing their abilities. Imagine others here will want to play when it unlocks?

bakeray

anyone have an extra Just Cause 2 key? friend recently built a gaming PC and wanted to try the multiplayer mod. It's $15 atm and that's just too high. Have a few extra keys for games I would be up to swap or buy someone a cheap game/give them a few bucks.

PM me if so.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
It's nice that you can unlock missions. I was under the impression that chests were the only reward.
The missions are just go find the random dude marked on the map and just stab him which is pretty lame and barely more invigorating than pressing a button to open a chest.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
anyone have an extra Just Cause 2 key? friend recently built a gaming PC and wanted to try the multiplayer mod. It's $15 atm and that's just too high. Have a few extra keys for games I would be up to swap or buy someone a cheap game/give them a few bucks.

PM me if so.

There are copies on Dispenser going for two 2 TF2 keys.

The missions are just go find the random dude marked on the map and just stab him which is pretty lame and barely more invigorating than pressing a button to open a chest.

Oh. :( I figured they'd grow more difficult as you completed more buildings.

Why are so many people defending this horrible DLC practices for Evolve? Just checked the Review- and OT of Evolve and people defending it (the DLC).

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Why are so many people defending this horrible DLC practices for Evolve? Just checked the Review- and OT of Evolve and people defending it (the DLC).

The prices are terrible, but you don't need to own the DLC to join games that use it and for most people that's an acceptable middle ground.

Grief.exe

I consider it ironic at best when the same people condemning Evolve are eating up the latest mainstream AAA title with the exact same policies and procedures.
Difficult to condemn one game, when the reality is the industry has been doing this for years.

Do what I do, don't buy DLC unless it is truly compelling.

I am not defending the pracrice, nor the pricing structure, which is admittedly the most valid argument against Evolve's DLC structure.

Jase makes a good point, at least they are fostering the community instead of splitting it behind arbitrary lines
dark souls 2

The prices are terrible, but you don't need to own the DLC to join games that use it and for most people that's an acceptable middle ground.

The prices are terrible but you don't need to own the DLC to join games that use it and for most people that's an acceptable middle ground.

I know that.
The problem is they are even selling skins, new characters (for high prices) and new monsters.
I think the whole DLC practice will kill the community pretty fast.

I consider it ironic at best when the same people condemning Evolve are eating up the latest mainstream AAA title with the exact same policies and procedures.
Difficult to condemn one game, when the reality is the industry has been doing this for years.

It depends on the game. I mean its actually a MP-only game for 60$ in the vein of L4D/L4D2. To keep a community playing such DLC shouldnt even exist. Not just free maps and modes. i mean such games already lack in content. Then put more content behind a paywall seems like a bad decision.

Shadownet

Banned
Marvel and Sony finally came to an agreement. Spider-man is coming to Marvel Cinematic Universe.

They planned to recast everyone. Have Spider-man appear in an upcoming MCU movie, then have his own standalone movie in 2017.

Sony will continue to produce,finance and have final creative decision over it. But Marvel will have a big say in what will happen in term of creativity.

Get hype son. Spiderman is joining The Avengers.

Marvel and Sony finally came to an agreement. Spider-man is coming to Marvel Cinematic Universe.

They planned to recast everyone. Have Spider-man appear in an upcoming MCU movie, then have his own standalone movie in 2017.

Sony will continue to produce,finance and have final creative decision over it. But Marvel will have a big say in what will happen in term of creativity.

Still doesn't seem like that great a deal, but meh, it's better than nothing I guess.

Kanokare

Really unfortunate that Garfield is gone :( Reboot for all I care but Garfield is gonna be hard to replace. I'll enjoy it either way :D Spidey is best Mahvel.

Shadownet

Banned
Still doesn't seem like that great a deal, but meh, it's better than nothing I guess.

It isn't that great of a deal. In a perfect world. Having marvel with all the creative decision would be the best. But I feel like as long as they hired the right director, everything will be fine with Marvel's involvement.

In my opinion they should let James Gunn direct it. With the comedy he brought to Guardians of the Galaxy. I feel like he would be perfect to bring the comedic side of Spider-man.

And about recasting. If they come out and say that they're bringing back Tobey for the role. I would be like sure why not.

I think Tobey deserve another chance with a better script. I think most people forgot that the first two movies were really good.

But I also don't mind if they go with someone completely new. I think they should make Spidey a college kid though. Like newly graduated from high school. So we can skip the origin story. In movie they could explain the reason why no one heard about him is because he's been operating in secret until The Avengers discovered him.

The Evolve monster tutorial is pretty smart, introduces you to all of the mechanics before throwing a squad in at the end. Although it could be a bit more clear about the fact that you are level 3 by that point and normally won't dominate to such a level :p

And about recasting. If they come out and say that they're bringing back Tobey for the role. I would be like sure why not.

I think Tobey deserve another chance with a better script. I think most people forgot that the first two movies were really good.

Doesn't matter how good the movies were. Tobey Maguire is gonna be 40 this year. He's getting a little long in the tooth to play Spider-Man unless they age him up and make him a teacher like they did in some of the later comics.

derExperte

One dude is sending back Evolve because DLC while looking forward to the 'new' Monster Hunter, a series ripe with blatant recycling and re-releases. It's actually funny.

The complaints about the DLC are valid to a certain extent but we've been talking about that for how long now? I can understand people getting bored of the same old arguments, just wanting to play and discussing the game itself at least for a few days. If it turns out the content is too slim for the asking price we'll see more discussions soon enough.

To be fair the US doesn't actually get the original versions(we get the re-releases) and each Monster Hunter game has hundreds of quests and is constantly updated with free DLC for years.

Evolve seems cool although it's weird there's only tutorials for the first monster and one assault character.

Deitus

Has Valve ever given any reason why they give out your private email address when you gift someone a game? It's a really shitty practice when they do not in any way inform you that sending a gift will result in your email address being given out (unless it's hidden in some fine print somewhere).

What's especially bad about it is that it's a security hole, because this email address is always the same address as the one you have enabled for Steam Guard, which just makes it easier for phishers.

RedFyn

I can't stand the original spider man movies because of Tobey. He was just awful. And I didn't like guardians but I wouldn't mind them trying a more humorous take on Spidey.

Shadownet

Banned
Doesn't matter how good the movies were. Tobey Maguire is gonna be 40 this year. He's getting a little long in the tooth to play Spider-Man unless they age him up and make him a teacher like they did in some of the later comics.
Yeah, he's going to be old. Unless they skip the origin and like 5-10 years. It wouldn't look right. Even if Tobey has that young face thing going for him.

Someone posted in another thread a picture of Jake Gyllenhaal and I think he would be a good candidate for older Peter Parker if they are going that route. He's only 34. Look at Gylenhaal. You can totally see an older Peter Parker working as a professor at a college while being Spider-man.

Anyone knows if PS+ just for a Vita would be good?

Honestly no. I have a PS3, PS4 and Vita. Maximized my free games. Of course. You can still get those free games for system you don't own and save them on your account if you ever plan on purchasing a PS3 or 4 in the future.

But a Vita alone might be hard to justify since there are so little games out for it right now. If you can get PS+ for cheap then it might be worth it.

I got 3 years worth like 1 year ago during a GameStop sale. $30 for a year instead of $50.

But a Vita alone might be hard to justify since there are so little games out for it right now. If you can get PS+ for cheap then it might be worth it.

I got 3 years worth like 1 year ago during a GameStop sale. $30 for a year instead of $50.

I just want to get some japanese games for that, but it seems the Vitagames seem to be mostly low budget games or indiegames.

Sarcasm

Anyone knows if PS+ just for a Vita would be good?

I find it worth it especially with indies. Top that off you do get discounts and the vita does have access to 900+ game library (if you want to buy games).

I've only bought one game for my vita and rest so far have been PS+.

Top if off even better if you get a Japanese account with PS+.

Shadownet

Banned
I just want to get some japanese games for that, but it seems the Vitagames seem to be mostly low budget games or indiegames.

All the Vita has are indie and Japanese games man. So if that what you want. Then it should be worth it. Though.. I think its been a while since I remember a Japanese game was free on the Vita, at least for US people anyway.

shadowrun returns isnt.. that good

and yeah I know Dragonfall is apparently way better
What are you talking about?
Wolfenstein: The New Order, as everybody else said. You get the fun of old school shooters mixed in with some modern stuff which doesn't feel out of place. Plus, the characters are well written and likable (and Blazkowicz has amazing eyes)
Puppy eyes on a mountain of muscles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom