• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2015 - Steam GOTY results still delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Took nearly 10 mins to load up an MP match of Evolve.

So good.
Has never taken more than 20 seconds for me to find a match, bad luck man! Although there was a period where a 2 or 3 games took a while to get to the character selection screen after the map selection.

I'm still waiting for Giant Bomb to drop review scores. (or drop reviews entirely)
You guys don't wanna talk about it? You'll have to!

Best Game nominees according to BAFTA

ALIEN: ISOLATION Development Team - Creative Assembly/SEGA
DESTINY Development Team – Bungie/Activision
DRAGON AGE: INQUISITION Development Team – BioWare/Electronic Arts
MARIO KART 8 Development Team – Nintendo/Nintendo
MIDDLE-EARTH: SHADOW OF MORDOR Development Team - Monolith Productions/Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment
MONUMENT VALLEY Development Team – ustwo Games/ustwo Studio

How much do nominees have to pay to be considered for this one?
I never quite understood the reverence Banjo Kazooie has.

It's not Mario 64 but still pretty ok, which was Rare™ during that era.

RS4-

Has never taken more than 20 seconds for me to find a match, bad luck man! Although there was a period where a 2 or 3 games took a while to get to the character selection screen after the map selection.

I'll just have to play more games lol. I wanted to alt+f4 so badly.

ExoSoul

Banned
Hello, this is Soul's girlfriend, I sometimes lurk the gaming discussion side of Gaf.

He has asked me to inform you that he's been hospitalised (nothing life-threatening, currently under observation) so he won't be around for a while.
While I'm here, can anyone tell me how Steam operates in offline mode? I'm considering giving him my laptop (if I can) so he has something to do there but I don't know if it keeps track of time spent and achievements unlocked.

Thank you for your time and for being there for him at other times.

Copons

2015-02-10_16-39-46.jpg

GOTY? ... GOTY!! :)

Edit: goddammit ... why is this thread moving SO SLOW? ; _ ;
cornmunlity is killing us ; _ ;

Community killed me. :(

No wait, it was Dolphin.
Simpsons were fucking right.

Hello, this is Soul's girlfriend, I sometimes lurk the gaming discussion side of Gaf.

He has asked me to inform you that he's been hospitalised (nothing life-threatening, currently under observation) so he won't be around for a while.
While I'm here, can anyone tell me how Steam operates in offline mode? I'm considering giving him my laptop (if I can) so he has something to do there but I don't know if it keeps track of time spent and achievements unlocked.

Hopefully he'll recover soon.
Offline mode doesn't track achievements nor playtime.

iosefe

we hope he's OK. and i don't believe gametime tracks, but i think cheevos pop once you go online. i'm probably wrong

MUnited83

For you.

Hope he gets better soon!

Regarding time spend and achievements unlocked: I'm not entirely sure on play time, but achievements depend entirely on the game. Some games have to be online but others do not.

we hope he's OK. and i don't believe gametime tracks, but i think cheevos pop once you go online. i'm probably wrong

You are right, looking back I can see that some games that I played offline unlocked achievements, though they all seem to pop at the same time.

I'm going to get the Wild West one for sure. Who am I kidding? I'll get both and then only play the Wild West one.

Glad to see they're not Marvel tables. Don't get me wrong, I like the Marvel ones, but I'd like to see something different.

I hope he's alright. Best wishes.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member

Earned Achievements will unlock when he next logs into Steam online. However, the timestamps for the achievements will reflect the first login details, not when they were unlocked. Not sure about this last one, but you might have to run the games once when online to allow achievements to be recorded.

Hope he is alright and can leave the hospital soon :)

milena87

Wish him a speedy recovery :)

For achievements it depends on the game. Some won't award the achievements at all, others will be tracked the next time the game gets played in online mode (they'll have the same timestamp).

Time won't get tracked and of course no card drops at all.

redlacs

So, we'll likely see at Bethesda E3 conference:

- Doom 4 gameplay
- Fallout 4 trailer
- Skyrim Remaster (PS4/XB1) lol
- A teaser for the next Elder Scrolls game?

I mean, only those would justify an entire (and their first) conference at E3 :p

i smell Fallout Online. its been about 3 years since Bethesda got the rights for it. just about the perfect time to have something to show

Grief.exe

Hopefully he gets better soon.

Offline mode doesn't track achievements or playtime, but you generally receive the achievements once you connect to the Steam servers. Put Steam in offline mode while you are connected to your house to avoid complications down the road.

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
Fallout online?
grossjesdr0hud1.gif

Feel better ExoSoul and while his girlfriend is here and because hes not in any danger, give us some dirt.

titch

Hope he has a quick recovery!!!

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Bundlestars Insert Coin Bundle:

• BiT Evolution (Steam)
  • Just Get Through (Steam)
  • Retro/Grade (Steam)
  • Dogfighter (Steam)
  • PixelJunk Eden (Steam)
  • Avoid – Sensory Overload (Steam)
  • Drive To Hell (Steam)
  • Super Lemonade Factory (Steam)

yuraya

Banjo Kazooie was always whack.

Real talk.

Spyro and Crash were also very whack. Its actually sad to see a bunch of gamers be reminiscent of their childhoods wanting to bring back these games. Certain franchises deserve to be buried dead in the ground. They were all very mediocre.

I wish him a quick recovery.

dex3108

I hope that he will recover fast.

Hope he gets better soon!

Tizoc

Damn SteamGAF Far Cry 4 is one beautiful game. I can't stop making screenshots.

Gameplay was pretty meh to me sadly, hope you enjoy it better though, I mean it has you riding Elephants and wrecking shit, but sadly that didn't keep me entertained for too long.

chronomac

Got some extras from Bundle Stars:

ModBot said:
Instructions for chronomac:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (chronomac, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

PixelJunk Eden -- MB-90DFD5959DB75C4B - Taken by agniswarm. 1 entrants total.
Retro/Grade -- MB-26A9FC60E3D7C5BC - Taken by Zeeman. 1 entrants total.

t1423591126z1.png

dex3108

Gameplay was pretty meh to me sadly, hope you enjoy it better though, I mean it has you riding Elephants and wrecking shit, but sadly that didn't keep me entertained for too long.

Actually i like Far Cry 4 more than Far Cry 3. Game has more improvements than i tought it will have. I am playing 45-60 minutes per session and i am still not bored after 8-9 hours :D

Turfster

Daily Cities in Motion 2 75% off
Midweek
  • Wargame Franchise 75% off
  • Mystery and Detective Games up to 75% off

Basically, get the Blackwell games and Gemini Rue

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Fallout 4 with Dark Souls style invasions.

You can thank me for the disappointment when it doesn't get announced later.

Tizoc

lol I own most of the games in that midweek madness sale.
Actually i like Far Cry 4 more than Far Cry 3. Game has more improvements than i tought it will have. I am playing 45-60 minutes per session and i am still not bored after 8-9 hours :D

Lol cool then.
Thing is, much of it is repetitive 'fill the bar' BS the story seemed interesting but the overall gameplay failed to catch my interest for too long.

derExperte

Daily Cities in Motion 2 75% off
Midweek
  • Wargame Franchise 75% off
  • Mystery and Detective Games up to 75% off

Basically, get the Blackwell games and Gemini Rue

Alan Wake 50% off. Good luck. And Sherlock Holmes Crimes and Punishments only 33%. Nothing for me then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom