• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2015 - Steam GOTY results still delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's an interesting, but short, adventure game that you need to play through twice to fully finish for reasons. It's got some really cool Swedish mythology in it, too.

Still funny but true :p

I don't understand why everyone says you have to "play through twice."

In my experience/memory,
the second "playthrough" just involves starting the game again, entering a password, reading, and then doing a single puzzle to get credits to re-roll.

abracadaver

[

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (abracadaver, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Star Wars Starfighter -- MB-9CC737C2E67AC723 - Taken by Fare Godmace. 6 entrants total.

t1423596431z1.png

DriftedPlanet

Unconfirmed Member
My girlfriend played through it and really enjoyed it, and it has a pretty positive buzz in general as an interesting experience. It's pretty short so if it interests you I'd say give it a shot. I plan to play through it myself at some point.

I don't even really like adventure games, but I liked it. I didn't realize how much I liked it until the end though. You NEED to get the "real" ending.

It's an interesting, but short, adventure game that you need to play through twice to fully finish for reasons. It's got some really cool Swedish mythology in it, too.

Still funny but true :p
Great! I know what I'm doing after lecture now :)

Seems like I haven't used those so enjoy!

They may not work though.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Mass_Pincup, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

The Sims 3 -- MB-4A9B61BB3DA3BD7B - Taken by Saty. 7 entrants total.
The Sims 3 Late Night -- MB-015DA360DEDD10A2 - Taken by TheMadMan007. 1 entrants total.
The Sims 3 High End Loft Stuff -- MB-A99A0A8220BB3D09 - Taken by lindarasta. 1 entrants total.

t1423596715z1.png

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
I don't understand why everyone says you have to "play through twice."

In my experience/memory,
the second "playthrough" just involves starting the game again, entering a password, reading, and then doing a single puzzle to get credits to re-roll.

I just said that to not spoil
how to get the true ending

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
You may experience some brief ModBot connectivity issues over the next little while. I'm getting a lot of dropped packets trying to contact the server. Not sure if it's a datacenter issue or a server issue, but I can't connect to confirm.

Added to SW Humble Bundle:
Star Wars™ Jedi Knight™ II: Jedi Outcast™
Star Wars™ Starfighter™
Star Wars™ Jedi Knight™: Dark Forces II

Pretty sweet.

I am totally hooked on Wasteland 2. Goddamn.

chronomac

Star Wars™ Starfighter™

Called 2 of the 3.

Going to guess that Jedi Outcast and Starfighter are the bonus games. Maybe a LEGO title, though?

Not that it was very difficult. The only Star Wars games that aren't in the bundle are that crappy Clone Wars game and the LEGO titles.

iosefe

^was my third guess. should have been in

i called JK:DF2 and outcast

of the games, all i'm missing are Starfighter and the two TFU games

Star Wars™ Starfighter™

Pretty sweet.

I am totally hooked on Wasteland 2. Goddamn.
Great additions. Jedi Outcast is an absolute classic of a game, probably one of my favourite Star Wars games of all time aside from the KotOR twins.
My Fractured Soul video.

Warning: shit port.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZUJMvHRrnA

My Fractured Soul video.

Warning: shit port.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZUJMvHRrnA

The game is also very generic and bland.
Saving fantomena from having to post it again for the new page.

Hello, this is Soul's girlfriend, I sometimes lurk the gaming discussion side of Gaf.

He has asked me to inform you that he's been hospitalised (nothing life-threatening, currently under observation) so he won't be around for a while.
While I'm here, can anyone tell me how Steam operates in offline mode? I'm considering giving him my laptop (if I can) so he has something to do there but I don't know if it keeps track of time spent and achievements unlocked.

Thank you for your time and for being there for him at other times.
Aw :(
Please send him our best wishes and regards! Wish him a speedy recovery and to see him here soon again. He's a cool guy. You should wife him or husband him better! :p
Someone made a GTX 970 on Besiege.
http://a.pomf.se/pppbxl.webm
Did Nvidia fix the problem with 970s that 500MB wasn't being used?
I might have gotten a one-in-a-time chance and a 970 is almost realistically on the table.

AMD is also possible but I still need some input from owners which model would be at same level as 970 and of course if they recommend it.
That is... no. You are insane!

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Europe is wide awake and at home right now. What numbers are more correct, the ones on the store page provided by Enhanced Steam or the ones on Steam's stat page? Because it's 25.000 vs 8.000 players.

The current stats on Steam are less than five minutes old.

Updated: Feb 10, 2015 - 12:11 PM

Please send him our best wishes and regards! Wish him a speedy recovery and to see him here soon again. He's a cool guy. You should wife him or husband him better! :p

I might have gotten a one-in-a-time chance and a 970 is almost realistically on the table.

AMD is also possible but I still need some input from owners which model would be at same level as 970 and of course if they recommend it.

No, they said the card was designed to run that way. Apparently, they "made a mistake" when promoting the card.

JaseC

No, they said the card was designed to run that way. Apparently, they "made a mistake" when promoting the card.

The particularly annoying part is that the true nature of the card would have come to light much, much sooner if Nvidia hadn't blatantly lied about the amount of ROPs and L2 cache.

Chariot

Is Neptunia's second chapter just ultra long or are my cheevos bugged? I am already at the third dungeon in Leanbox and still have no chapter 2 achievement.

Huhhhhhhh? But they advertised as 4GB GPU?! So they say they won't bother fixing it and the only option is to have a 970 with 3,5GB? Is that a problem across all companies or are there some vendors whose 970s actually use all 4GB?

This is disappointing. I wanted to get a Nvdia card for shadowplay and usually better performance with games.

Can anyone recommend a similar AMD GPU?

donny2112

Star Wars™ Starfighter™

Pretty sweet.

Cool! More games I haven't played. This Star Wars bundle has been amazing for me. Looking forward to (eventually) getting to all these games. o_O

JaseC

Huhhhhhhh? But they advertised as 4GB GPU?! So they say they won't bother fixing it and the only option is to have a 970 with 3,5GB? Is that a problem across all companies or are there some vendors whose 970s actually use all 4GB?

This is disappointing. I wanted to get a Nvdia card for shadowplay and usually better performance with games.

Nvidia couldn't fix it short of issuing a recall as the issue is at the hardware level. The true nature of the card is why I begrudgingly paid the premium for a 980 (having an SLI system that more or less can't use the last 512MB of RAM doesn't make much sense).

Wait for the 3xx series.

Dr Dogg

Well I crumbled and bought Darkest Dungeon breaking my 5 games in a year pledge. Right with that nonsense out the way I can stop feeling guilty when I have a compulsive urge to splurge.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/14/10/60/1410602b919da76eb3b714e7d084536f.jpg[/MG][/QUOTE]

Well to be fair I'm used to trying to decipher handwriting that is closer to hieroglyphics than english. [spoiler]That and if you click on the vert ad the page it takes you to says Mystery Midweek[/spoiler]
[quote="Milamber, post: 151477943"]Someone made a GTX 970 on Besiege.

[url]http://a.pomf.se/pppbxl.webm[/url][/QUOTE]

*tee hee*

Knurek

Huhhhhhhh? But they advertised as 4GB GPU?! So they say they won't bother fixing it and the only option is to have a 970 with 3,5GB?

970 with 3.5 GB would work even slower than 970 with 4 GB in situations that both cards exceeded the 3.5 GB VRAM limit, since the 3.5 GB version would uses system's RAM pool then.

The thing is that the card actually has 4gb, so they aren't lying there. But because of the way it was designed, only 3.5gb of those 4gb are actually fast enough to do their work well. The other 0.5gb are faster than system RAM, but way slower than the rest of the card's VRAM.
It's a problem across all manufacturers because it's how the card was designed.
A 290x is cheaper right now and provides similar performance (beats the 970 in 4k, even) but it requires a better PSU.

If I'd known that Nvidia was going to pull this off I'd have bought an AMD card or held off before upgrading, my 670 was showing its age, but I mainly upgraded because the 970 had 4gb.

JaseC

970 with 3.5 GB would work even slower than 970 with 4 GB in situations that both cards exceeded the 3.5 GB VRAM limit, since the 3.5 GB version would uses system's RAM pool then.

He means the card being left as-is, not releasing a 970 that literally has 3.5GB VRAM. As you say yourself, that would be pointless.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I'm 0 for ~300 on Steamgifts so far.... I may have underestimated how hard it is to win games on that haha.

I stopped entering giveaways religiously about a year ago, and now just occasionally throw my hat in the ring if something good comes up. I've entered 11,330 giveaways and won 21 times. Of that I've got:
  • 1 gift not received (they sent me a beta key for Rekoil claiming it was the full game)
  • 8 developer giveaways where it was almost impossible to lose (15,000 copies with 18,000 entries, for example)
  • 6 games - all "bundle fodder" with the exception of Chivalry which is generally considered good
  • 5 DLC. Nothing too great, mostly cosmetic stuff that's generally $1 or less.
  • 1 Grand Theft Auto Complete Pack which was insanely awesome and certainly my biggest "long shot" win.
If I take the developer giveaways out of the equation, that's 13 wins for 11,330 entries. Not terrible, but if you think about it I could have worked a job for all the hours and hours I spent entering giveaways and ended up with enough money to pay for everything I won and still had money left over.

I'm not knocking the site because I think it's great. Just trying to help everyone manage their expectations. It's also a lot more popular now than it used to be (at least, based on the number of entries giveaways get now vs then) so you probably won't see win ratios like mine unless you're really really lucky.

Well I crumbled and bought Darkest Dungeon breaking my 5 games in a year pledge. Right with that nonsense out the way I can stop feeling guilty when I have a compulsive urge to splurge.

Well. It's only 6 weeks into the year, so I think you're fucked for the rest of the year dude.

What are you 'planning' on picking up the rest of the year?

MUnited83

For you.

Not me :p. CobaltStreak is a streamer that focus on Isaac streams. He completed the games pretty much every single way you can imagine and then some.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom