• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2015 - Steam GOTY results still delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, this is Soul's girlfriend, I sometimes lurk the gaming discussion side of Gaf.

He has asked me to inform you that he's been hospitalised (nothing life-threatening, currently under observation) so he won't be around for a while.
While I'm here, can anyone tell me how Steam operates in offline mode? I'm considering giving him my laptop (if I can) so he has something to do there but I don't know if it keeps track of time spent and achievements unlocked.

Thank you for your time and for being there for him at other times.

Gotta be honest, can't tell if this is serious or a troll based on the thread from a week or so ago...

Hope all is well

wscvTmG.png

Great logo guys, keep it up.

i smell Fallout Online. its been about 3 years since Bethesda got the rights for it. just about the perfect time to have something to show

you shut your mouth! quick mods, ban this man for putting the word "Fallout" and "Online" in the same sentence without including "would be a terrible idea"!

Fallout 4 will be announced and I will shed tears of joy.

In Bethesda we Trust.
pls announce fallout 4 and let it be godly :(

Nzyme32

What about this? =d
ec3TpDC.png

Btw sup guys

I had absolutely no problems with random level 0 adds or adds from any strangers at all - until I went to steamgifts and entered a few giveaways for the first time in maybe 3 years.

I didn't have issue back in the day, but now, I get a bunch of random level 0 adds. That place is scummy as hell now

Monooboe

Oh nice Broken Sword 5, wanted it from the Humble Weekly Bundle but had most of the games in that bundle but now with it on sale on Steam I will bite. One question though, will I really need to play 1-4 before 5? I might replay 1 & 2 but not sure about the rest.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member

The game is coming to Steam early access

Oooh, hopefully it's actually good.

Hello, this is Soul's girlfriend, I sometimes lurk the gaming discussion side of Gaf.

He has asked me to inform you that he's been hospitalised (nothing life-threatening, currently under observation) so he won't be around for a while.
While I'm here, can anyone tell me how Steam operates in offline mode? I'm considering giving him my laptop (if I can) so he has something to do there but I don't know if it keeps track of time spent and achievements unlocked.

Thank you for your time and for being there for him at other times.

I hope he gets better soon!

inm8num2

Oh nice Broken Sword 5, wanted it from the Humble Weekly Bundle but had most of the games in that bundle but now with it on sale on Steam I will bite. One question though, will I really need to play 1-4 before 5? I might replay 1 & 2 but not sure about the rest.

Not entirely necessary to play the earlier installments, but you'll appreciate some of the referential gags and callbacks.

Lain

Best wishes for a quick recovery.

Monooboe

Nope. There's a single direct reference to BS4, otherwise the game is standalone.

BUT

All the background for characters are mainly in BS 1 and 2. So you will lose all of that by playing 5 directly. Also 5 is not so good, it feels like characters are trying to emulate theirself. I find 1 and 2 top notch, 3 very good and 4 ok as 5.

Ah ok, hmh not so good, I might just start playing 1 & 2 and see if I still want more before the sale ends. Played 1 & 2 on PS1 back in the day so will be nice to go back to those now with the directors editions.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
The more interesting history is the stream of additions and deletions 3-4 months ago.

Recently-removed apps tend to, as far as SteamDB's crawler is concerned, very briefly reappear in certain regions, as if they're in the midst of death throes.

So they renamed it in a bid to get reinstated to the Steam store or was it just for hubris' sake?

Just Mike being Mike would be my guess. Valve was supposed to push through updates itself but evidently recently gave somebody access to the app.

Lomax

Did you read that section? Seems very tongue in cheek.

True, and hopefully that's the case, but we all know the biggest problem with a lot of these smaller kickstarters is they are already in over their heads in terms of delivering their promises, and I would worry if it got to that point they'd feel seriously obligated to do it. And it does look like a really good project so if it catches some buzz I could easily see it taking off.

I'm interested to see A) which games are added to the Star Wars bundle and B) how much it FUBAR's the BTA.

I'd expect the BTA to basically stay where it is or creep up a bit more no matter was is added, no one is going to pass up the extra few games for just a tiny bit more, and I wouldn't expect an increase of $1 purchases. The bundle is already well on track to destroy the prior records for highest average BTA, I wonder if the top tier had been $14 or $16 if it would be even higher.

Lomax

C'mon good Humble.

Aside, anyone played Year Walk yet? I'm thinking on whether its worth the time (already have it due to bundles).

My girlfriend played through it and really enjoyed it, and it has a pretty positive buzz in general as an interesting experience. It's pretty short so if it interests you I'd say give it a shot. I plan to play through it myself at some point.

Phawx

My Let's Play of Grimoire: Manastorm:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vEDgjI5sEpo

PtQ8oEg.gif

Quick Impressions:: Early Access game that is playable but needs balancing. Essentially, it's Mage Combat. When you start, you pick a discipline (Earth, Fire, Lightning, Etc) and then go out and do combat. The mode of the game is, right now, determined by the server list. FFA and Capture the Hill are the two that I've had some time with. Spells are limited and align to Short/Medium/Fierce standard in fighting games/brawlers. There is a method of dashing quickly called Manastep that requires and consumes mana but greatly increases the pace of the game. Unfortunately, the fun factor is directly proportional to the population playing the game. When I played with a friend, we had a good time, but it would have been a better time had more people been playing​

My Let's Play of Barbarian Brawl:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMTnA3nyLbU

HcSXl0B.gif

Quick Impressions: Third-person melee combat game with a heavy emphasis on traps. Entering into a multiplayer match is nice and easy with each arena being able to host up to 20 people. Killing barbarians gives you ham. Killing them many times without dying gives you yet more ham. You use ham to unlock characters and weapons and they all have their own strengths and weaknesses. For me, the strongest point of the game is that you can force your opponent on to traps just via your own movement. It's pretty interesting in terms of a multiplayer mechanic. But again, really needs a bunch of people to be interesting.​

My Let's Play of Musclecar Online:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2hMWe1Wp4I4

sOmYz0B.gif

Quick Impressions: From the video and stills I saw of this game, I was honestly hoping for an online Championship Sprint arcade racer meets Muscle Cars. Unfortunately, at least as far as I can see, (barring any updates) the only multiplayer aspect to the game is downloading other players ghost data and racing against them. I suppose the interesting thing is that you only download ghost data after having done a single lap with a specific car. Once they have that data, they essentially pit you against ghosts that have a similar time as you did and you race against those ghosts.

It was a little bit of a let down. Overall the game controls pretty well, although the 360 controller's analog seems to get half registered, so I had to opt for keyboard input only. It does a good job of feeling like old Sprint games but only racing against ghosts is unfortunate.​

Cth

interesting new stuff from the upcoming section :)

Holy shit, this is just Endorfun isn't it?

On one hand I've been wanting the game again, on the other if it's a weak rip off..

Endorfun:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4IEFC_Y3nrA

EDIT:
Found this from the developer:
"Yep, the original team was aware of Endorfun's existence. We did our own take on the core mechanic as well as created completely different game modes and added new mechanics for InnerCube."

C'mon good Humble.

Aside, anyone played Year Walk yet? I'm thinking on whether its worth the time (already have it due to bundles).

Yeah, I thought it was a great little game, specially the latter part of the game. You can easily beat it in a single sitting, so stop asking if you should play it and do it! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom