• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2015 - Steam GOTY results still delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grief.exe

Looks really good, the pitch is great, I was actually seriously considering supporting it... and then I see the $100k goal which is basically "port it to everything" and lose all faith in their actual ability to manage the project and use the funds appropriately, especially if it gets huge. Will definitely keep an eye out for the finished project though.

Did you read that section? Seems very tongue in cheek.

What about this? =d
ec3TpDC.png

Btw sup guys

You have my sympathies.

Yeah, the ending (as in the entire final arc of the game, not just the last mission) was another disappointment. It was so anti-climatic and strangely paced.
A really far cry from the awesomeness that is Mass Effect 1 post Virmire and Dragon Age Origin's ending.
Inquisition's feast scene and epilogue were sad imitations of DA:O.
Fallout 4?

Uzzy

Do they even have enough franchises to fill a conference up? I don't think we'll see an hour devoted to Fallout 4.

I suppose if they've got a lot to announce that'd make sense though. Maybe some info on the new Doom, Dishonoured 2, an expansion for ESO and then Fallout 4. That'd fill an hour up.

don't forget Prey and Battlecry

Dr Dogg

QuakeCon = Carmack ... no Carmack = no QuakeCon

simple as that (unfortunately)

Well to be fair 2014 still happened, granted I didn't tune in like I used to, and 2015 was dated last year and is the 20th Anniversary but I get the feeling it won't be long before ZeniMax pulls the plug going by this E3 conference announcement.

Vlad

Wow. You have almost 100 hours clocked in a Isaac o_O
I only saw very few videos and watched Grief's stream a bit but just from watching I couldn't see how the game offers so much longevity?

I've got 114 hours logged for Rebirth, on top of 158 for the original and its expansion, so yeah, the game's got some replay value. A single run usually takes about an hour or so, but it really is fun to just go through again and again to see what kind of crazy item combination you can end up with by the end.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Well to be fair 2014 still happened, granted I didn't tune in like I used to, and 2015 was dated last year and is the 20th Anniversary but I get the feeling it won't be long before ZeniMax pulls the plug going by this E3 conference announcement.

pretty much this ... so - what I said still stands (more or less)

Zeknurn

Played Evolve for 8 hours and at no point was I bored which speaks well for a multiplayer game which I normally play for an hour and leave. The three monsters play so differently that it's fun to switch it up on a group(people usually stay in the lobby after a match)

Plus it's so gorgeous to look at which makes sense given it's a Cryengine game but the art style and fauna/creature design really stands out. Best 7 dollar purchase I've ever made!

I'll second this.

Evolve is great and it's scratching an itch that hasn't been scratched since the last Left 4 Dead. I think it has more replayability than Left 4 Dead 1 too.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
2015-02-10_16-39-46.jpg

GOTY? ... GOTY!! :)

Edit: goddammit ... why is this thread moving SO SLOW? ; _ ;
cornmunlity is killing us ; _ ;

Maniac

Banned
Former creative director/writer of the Saints Row series. There was a lot os cynicism and snark when he joined Valve.

"great, now he's going to make hats"
"he's going to make nothing now"
"he better not touch HL"
etc

Oh.

Dotes could use some more phallus, so I'm cool with it.

This is the millionth itty bitty thing that's been found in the UGC tools. L4D3 stuff, HL3 stuff...

And ofcourse there's been tons in SFM aswell. Just can't for the life of me see how some people realistically think it means an upcoming announcement. It's just Valve being Valve and not bothering to clean up their files.

You already hit your 'capacity' this early?

Yeah, you're fucked Dogg. Proper fucked.

Fokken prawns

Too many good games coming out. You'll need to family share with... Jase or something, lol

Is possible to miss side-quests on Yakuza 4?
Just started it, I didn't encounter any at the moment, so I'm figuring out if I need to look for them in the map.
You can definitely miss sidequests in the game while playing a chapter but towards the very end you get the opportunity to go back and finish them.

Dr Dogg

You already hit your 'capacity' this early?

Yeah, you're fucked Dogg. Proper fucked.

Fokken prawns

Too many good games coming out. You'll need to family share with... Jase or something, lol

Well seeing as I'm doing anything not to actually play my haul of games I was looking through some of my Steamy Stats and the longest digital dust gatherer I own is Sam & Max: The Tomb of Sammun-Mak at 1540 days of non-playedness. Realistically I've got a metric fuckton of great games to play already without having to buy anything else. Though I kind of get the feeling I live more for the chase than the catch (and I can't believe I managed to squeeze a Motorhead lyric in there).

So I need to find them on the map ?
The thing with Yakuza games is that the side quests are everywhere. Random npcs on the street have them, random alleyways have them, some are opened up by playing mini-games and so on. You will never find each one just by playing the game normally. They take up the bulk of the play time.

GaussTek

So, we'll likely see at Bethesda E3 conference:

- Doom 4 gameplay
- Fallout 4 trailer
- Skyrim Remaster (PS4/XB1) lol
- A teaser for the next Elder Scrolls game?

I mean, only those would justify an entire (and their first) conference at E3 :p

- Doom 4 gameplay
- Fallout 4 trailer

I mean, only those would justify an entire (and their first) conference at E3 :p

Probably throw some ESO stuff in there as well.

- Doom 4 gameplay
- Fallout 4 trailer

Bethesda isn't going to announce a new FO and ES at the same time. Arkane have unannounced stuff, and there's Battlecry. Those, Doom, ESO stuff and new FO should do.

GaussTek

And PC too, of course.:p

Oh yeah, it's just devs tend to forget PC for their "Remasters" haha, but I don't think Bethesda will ignore PC, even if the new content is minimal (or if there's any).

Probably throw some ESO stuff in there as well.

Bethesda isn't going to announce a new FO and ES at the same time. Arkane have announced stuff, and there's Battlecry. Those, Doom, ESO stuff and new FO should do.

Yeah, you are probably right. But isn't ESO struggling, and going F2P next month? Announcing new content for it at a conference would be... meh (at least for me). But yep, they'll probably do it anyway lol

Monooboe

Ok I'm a bit late on this but about the Eurogamer dropping review scores... I actually often just check the score on review or maybe read the last paragraph. I do it because I don't want to spoil anything about a game but I want to know if someone actually likes it, I've trusted Eurogamer on review so I usually just checked their score.

Two new Pinball FX2 tables got announced, one is based on Castlestorm: http://blog.zenstudios.com/?p=5076

I'm going to get the Wild West one for sure. Who am I kidding? I'll get both and then only play the Wild West one.

Banjo Kinectie

1298059172156.png

They probably have Fallout 4 and Elder Scrolls VI ready to show.

Way too soon for Elder Scrolls VI

- Doom 4 gameplay
- Fallout 4 trailer

I think we have to see Doom and Fallout 4. I heard a marketing rumor that they are going to be linked. Probably a cross promotion like Wolfenstein. Exclusive DLC maybe?

I would be really surprised if its any Elder Scrolls other than Online. If they do a remaster game, I hope it would be one of their older Elder Scroll games. I think we will here about Battlecry. No one wants it but I believe its officially launching this year.

Maybe we will see a glimpse on what Tango will be working on for the next couple of years.

We also could hear about Prey 2.

Driw3r

Unconfirmed Member
Completed first episode of the Detail. Really enjoyed it. Some of the art is stylish and is treat to watch but then again, those character portraits are a bit poor... No voice acting was a little disappointment at first, but when i got that, ok, this is like a comic, VA didn't feel necessary anymore. And in the end, there is not that much to read, so not a big deal. Second episode should come out Q1, must get that.

I would be really surprised if its any Elder Scrolls other than Online. If they do a remaster game, I hope it would be one of their older Elder Scroll games. I think we will here about Battlecry. No one wants it but I believe its officially launching this year.

Only remaster I'll accept is Morrowind. Leave the abomination that is Oblivion the hell alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom