• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2017 - Giveaways are back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arthea

It's a week-long promotion Squeenix set up itself using the self-discount tool.

I thought that was always the case, publishers doing sales and volvo promoting them.
If that's not the case, how does that work?

Self-sabotage - with no promotion, there'll be few sales. Then they'll use those poor sales figures as an excuse to not release anymore FF games on Steam.

hey! I want my WoFF, don't give them such ideas

Deques

Seriously, Squeenix needs to lower the sale prices. It has been 50% in like forever now. Not that it matters to me, since I got almost all the FF games already

Arthea

Seriously, Squeenix needs to lower the sale prices. It has been 50% in like forever now

not gonna happen, you know that as well as the rest of us

you should be glad that they finally started including FF games into their surprise boxes, so that's one way to get them real cheap.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I thought that was always the case, publishers doing sales and volvo promoting them.
If that's not the case, how does that work?

Valve still organises Dailies, Midweek Madness, Weekend Deals and publisher sales itself. It doesn't highlight sales that publishers set up themselves.

Ascheroth

Seriously, Squeenix needs to lower the sale prices. It has been 50% in like forever now. Not that it matters to me, since I got almost all the FF games already

I bought FF X/X-2 at release for 14,99€. It's been nine months and the cheapest it's ever been is still only 2€ cheaper, lol.

Arthea

Valve still organises Dailies, Midweek Madness, Weekend Deals and publisher sales itself. It doesn't highlight sales that publishers set up themselves.

That's rather odd, isn't it preferable for publishers to do all work themselves? I thought that's a valve's way. I mean in that case they just slap the banner and are done with it. I understand them doing dailies, midweek and weekend deals, because who else can.

I should buy Hidden Folks

you should buy Atelier Sophie instead

no thanks

*unfriends

Anyone knows where to see when Bandai-Namco unlocked games for a specific region?

I just noticed One Piece Burning Blood somehow is now available in China, Naruto still not.

JaseC

Anyone knows where to see when Bandai-Namco unlocked games for a specific region?

I just noticed One Piece Burning Blood somehow is now available in China, Naruto still not.

That stuff isn't telegraphed unless it's a region-specific app.

Edit: Oops, I assumed you were talking about being able to view a previously region-locked store page.

Ludens

Banned
Is this normal?
Snqsvqw.jpg

Look at the yellow line, the first panel on the right is ok, but the more I solve puzzles, the more the light line becomes invisible.
Tried to verify the cache but there was nothing wrong.

Tizoc

Is this normal?
Snqsvqw.jpg

Look at the yellow line, the first panel on the right is ok, but the more I solve puzzles, the more the light line becomes invisible.
Tried to verify the cache but there was nothing wrong.

Relax mate, it's normal; the lines ARE SUPPOSED to become invisible.

Wok

So what is your opinion on Groupees diversifying its portfolio? Literally, 🎮⛽️-subscription + bundle + bitcoin-style + charity + Trump parody (Make something Great Happen).

• Get every Be Mine Bundle to be released over the next 12 months (minimum of 10 Be Mine Bundles).
  • We will be releasing the Be Mine Anniversary #4 Bundle with games and music later this week. You’ll get those items as part of the subscription tier.
  • The Jonny Coin is a special fluctuating value coin which holds unique value. In the event that Groupees were ever put on a trading exchange, the Coin would be redeemable for their cash value. For now the Coin can be used to purchase bundles on Groupees or exchanged with other Groupees users. Be forewarned, as more coins are issued into circulation, fluctuating price will drop.
  • Support Charity, Support Artists, Make something Great Happen! Groupees is a new website designed to transform the digital media download experience into something FUN and SOCIAL. We offer great deals on games, video, music, + more.

JaseC

So what is your opinion on Groupees diversifying its portfolio? Literally, ��⛽️-subscription + bundle + bitcoin-style + charity + Trump parody (Make something Great Happen).

I'll probably jump on it myself as I've purchased 8 of the past 10 Be Mine bundles and missed the pre-order price on half of them, for a total cost of $21.50.

Has anybody been getting this bug on the Steam client? When an update for a game is on queue, before I would go the Downloads section and there the game would display along with the timeframe on when it will begin updating.

Nowadays, games that get an update are no longer displayed in my Downloads section plus the Steam icon on the bottom would be highlighted yellow, something that has never happened before. I've tried opting out of Steam beta, changing the skin to the normal Steam layout. I went even as far as uninstalling and reinstalling Steam and also clearing out the download cache. So far nothing's worked and I can't find a thing about this online.

JaseC

Has anybody been getting this bug on the Steam client? When an update for a game is on queue, before I would go the Downloads section and there the game would display along with the timeframe on when it will begin updating.

Nowadays, games that get an update are no longer displayed in my Downloads section plus the Steam icon on the bottom would be highlighted yellow, something that has never happened before. I've tried opting out of Steam beta, changing the skin to the normal Steam layout. I went even as far as uninstalling and reinstalling Steam and also clearing out the download cache. So far nothing's worked and I can't find a thing about this online.

Yeah, I noticed that today. I've just been restarting the client to trigger the download.

Yeah, I noticed that today. I've just been restarting the client to trigger the download.

What I've been doing as of late is scrolling through my large ass library (though it's small potatoes compared to yours heh) and just verifying the cache on each game needing updating.

I hope Steam fixes this problem. Very annoying.

JaseC

What I've been doing as of late is scrolling through my large ass library (though it's small potatoes compared to yours heh) and just verifying the cache on each game needing updating.

I hope Steam fixes this problem. Very annoying.

That was my first thought, too, but it'd take longer with larger games.

xAlias

Seems like lately, I am buying less and less games from steam as more of these games are on sale outside on deal sites..

Anyone else notice this trend?

Deques

Seems like lately, I am buying less and less games from steam as more of these games are on sale outside on deal sites..

Anyone else notice this trend?

This trend isn't new. There are several sites that constantly have sales, so it's more likely you will buy from those instead directly on Steam store. Plus there are new bundles every week from different bundle pages

Wok

Are all puzzles in The Witness the same? Like on screenshots above, or there is some variety?
Also are they hard to solve?

I cannot answer the first question without spoiling the game.

The puzzles which I found impossible are easy for others. The puzzles that others find hard were the easiest for me.

Lomax

<< Would picnic with Josh Sawyer.

Groupees are launching a subscription service. All 10 Be Mine bundles this year and the Be Mine 4th Anniversary bundle plus one of the coins for $21. Considering the pre-order is usually $2-$2.5 and the last two anniversary bundles have been of dubious quality it doesn't seem like much of a savings.

There was a time I would have bought this in a heartbeat, now I wouldn't touch it with a ten foot pole. There's just no way they'll have a good bundle every month. I'm sure Groupees misses the Steam curation more than anyone.

Ladekabel

Close to pulling the trigger on the Freedom Bundle. Only slightly sad on missing out on Subnautica. Not because I would probably like to play it. I hate underwater games. I enjoyed ABZU despite it being a swimming game (mostly because it is so pretty!). More sad because I get less value for my money eventhough the value is still incredible.

xAlias

Close to pulling the trigger on the Freedom Bundle. Only slightly sad on missing out on Subnautica. Not because I would probably like to play it. I hate underwater games. I enjoyed ABZU despite it being a swimming game (mostly because it is so pretty!). More sad because I get less value for my money eventhough the value is still incredible.

The only reason I wanted the bundle was due to The Witness and Subnautica.

Now that Subnautica is there no more, I feel sad I hesitated to pull the trigger and don't feel like buying the bundle now :(

It's a week-long promotion Squeenix set up itself using the self-discount tool.

I think it's a 'proper' sale since they have a landing page as well. It's just not advertised on the Steam front page.

It's too bad I can't use my groupees coin on that.

Have a bunch of these and they only have value when Groupees say they do. And they usually exclude all pre-orders or good deals. It's like getting a rebate coupon that only works if the store feels like honoring it.

Are all puzzles in The Witness the same? Like on screenshots above, or there is some variety?
Also are they hard to solve?

There are about a dozen core ideas that form the basis for all the puzzles. No puzzle is ever repeated as far as I know. And they get hard as fuck to solve later on.

Catshade

So what is your opinion on Groupees diversifying its portfolio? Literally, &#127918;&#9981;&#65039;-subscription + bundle + bitcoin-style + charity + Trump parody (Make something Great Happen).

Not a fan of Groupees bundle lately, but I'm all for other bundle sites to copy the Humble Monthly formula. If Bundle Stars starts their own subscription bundle, I might be on for that.

kionedrik

There was a time I would have bought this in a heartbeat, now I wouldn't touch it with a ten foot pole. There's just no way they'll have a good bundle every month. I'm sure Groupees misses the Steam curation more than anyone.

It was their own fault. They followed the Indiegala route of pushing multiple bundles every week which led to a dive in the average quality of the games being sold.
That being said, the fact that Steam opened the flood gates allowed Groupees and IG to behave the way they did.

Personally, I'll wait to see what each bundle offers and then decide if it's worth the purchase or not. Here's hoping I'll finally find a use for my $10 coin...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom