• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2017 - Giveaways are back

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else's Steam client stuck on the verfying login information screen? It just times out for me. Been happening for the last 15 minutes or so.

Edit: Restarting the client several times seems to have fixed it.

giphy.gif

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Here are some SEGA freebies in case you missed it.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (thesaucetastic, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Endless Legend - Echoes of Auriga Add-on -- MB-1DB09B15DD464B8C - Taken by Wace
Shogun 2 Blood Pack -- MB-9CA24217CC5A27A7 - Taken by Eila
Total War Attila: Blood and Burning -- MB-31E0FEF6687E9CA0 - Taken by Blu(e)
Total War Rome II: Blood and Gore -- MB-4B56393241B72F3B - Taken by Ludono

Khronico

Hello everyone, it's been a while.

I just wanted to pop in and say that Dishonored 2 is a very good game and all of you should play it. I'm currently playing through it.

On that note, Deus Ex Mankind Divided is ALSO a very good game that all of you should play. Just finished it a few days ago.

That is all.

very disappointed that deus ex is being put on the backburner for Marvel stuff :|

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I'm assuming the dev team that made and released the shmup side of the game weren't sharing revenue?

Last I talked to them at PAX the reason they released the Shmup side was because the team who did it cranked it out super fast and the adventure game part of the mashup was and still is under development.

Ah, possibly. I'm sure Playism will comment on the removal later today... especially as it's selling keys via its own store that no longer work.

What about owners of the game?

Nothing changed there. They still have access to it.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
ESO Morrowind Gameplay trailer

seems the new class can shoot out Cliff Racers at enemies heh

There is already so much stuff to do in the Elder Scrolls Online - and now we're getting what appears to be a full-blown expansion that looks massive.

I would say that the current existing "Gold Edition" ESO is easily the best value in gaming available right now. Morrowind is gonna be nuts.

Dinjoralo

Spent abooouuut a half hour re-cropping that top sophie so you all can use it in HD. :p Protip for future smug faces, capture in high res with no anti-aliasing. That makes things much easier. Once I'm outta class, I'm gonna waifu2x it and scale it down for smooth edges.

AHA-Lambda

Done all the Resi 7 DLC now
apart from Ethan Must Die mode (fuck that)
and it's mostly fairly throwaway stuff but pleasant to play through.

Alot of it is essentially challenge remixes of locations from the campaign, so how you feel about resi 7 combat could really affect your outlook there :p

Nightmare: wave based horde mode bsaically set in the basement of the main house. Neat diversion but I'd be shocked at anyone but the staunchest completionists playing through this more than a handful of times.

Bedroom: puzzle based scenario, much like the "happy birthday" tape from the main game. Good but you'll only play it once.

Ethan Must Die: argh!! >_<
Randomised and remixed scenario from the main game where you must explore the mansion to open the greenhouse and then take down Margurite. You rely on randomised loot, and everything kills you in 1 or 2 hits. In a word: unfair.
I've not even managed to get to the boss yet, and am sick of trying at this point.

21: Everyone seems to have a downer on this mode, but I actually really liked it! yes it's blackjack, but it's dressed up in that macabre Saw-like manner from many other spots in the game. Plus there is an almost CCG-like quality to it given the use of special ability cards. Only thing I'll say is it's rather slow to play, it could do with being sped up.

Daughters: Basically a prologue to the game. You'll only play it twice to see both endings.

Happy Birthday Jack:
A dumb but fun time trial mode, emphasising resource management. Could see this being played a lot by fans of it as they try to perfect runs and get all unlockables.

It's fun but nothing here is worth £25 though (I got a really good deal on the season pass though, so that's why I picked it up), so it'll be down to the mystery story episode to really determine whether it's worth it.

PS: I have no idea why the vol. 2 DLC is more expensive than vol. 1 on Steam, they both offer similar scope of gameplay and content =/

Etrigan

Neo Member
Overlooked the other SEGA emails that was sent to me so enjoy :)

ModBot said:
Instructions for Etrigan:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Etrigan, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Alien Soldier -- MB-CB6D6EE151DA574A - Taken by Vuze. 6 entrants total.
Dawn of War II Retribution - Ultramarines DLC -- MB-2BD52BAB7B4272B5
Golden Axe II -- MB-F0F23CEF0B0B5536 - Taken by Dangerblade. 1 entrants total.
Shining Force -- MB-3ED1AFD151C41D66 - Taken by WinterDemons. 2 entrants total.

t1487873435z1.png

Question guys, a friend of mine accidently bought RE7 again on cdkeys. Not sure how it happened but he tried the key on Steam thinking it was another key and it just reinstalled RE7 again. The question is, is this key now considered used or can he sell it?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Question guys, a friend of mine accidently bought RE7 again on cdkeys. Not sure how it happened but he tried the key on Steam thinking it was another key and it just reinstalled RE7 again. The question is, is this key now considered used or can he sell it?

If it didn't activate anything, then it's unused. He can find his list of product licences/activations here if he's unsure.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.

how do you accidentaly buy the game again, and then how do you use that key thinking its another? o_O

Anyway, the key should still be good I believe, ask JaseC, he knows for sure.

edit: speak of the australian devil

lcd

Keys Raffle

ModBot said:
I am giving away 19 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (lcd, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Overgrowth -- MB-BBACCC28CF353454 - Taken by spindoctor. 14 entrants total.
7 Grand Steps: What Ancients Begat -- MB-0F595C051C2471D6 - Taken by Ludens. 6 entrants total.
Chroma Squad -- MB-EA93A7C7B274E54B - Taken by Xeteh. 1 entrants total.
Ellipsis -- MB-C7725B0EA7016F1B - Taken by bloke. 4 entrants total.
GRAV -- MB-0A60E6F4E46C11A8 - Taken by sid2vicious. 2 entrants total.
Guacamelee! Gold Edition -- MB-4DD92A2C6E43A1EC
Guns of Icarus Online -- MB-250AD43E9836199F
Mushroom 11 -- MB-8C736636B1F92731 - Taken by William Bonney. 2 entrants total.
Octodad Dadliest Catch -- MB-0C14DF3604E17015 - Taken by pantsattack. 6 entrants total.
Potatoman Seeks the Troof -- MB-A92ABF2FF64693CA
Q.U.B.E: Director's Cut -- MB-6AAE323FFC3D535D
Robot Roller-Derby Disco Dodgeball -- MB-3801EFBBAB59E5BD
Streamline Early Access -- MB-55411AF43D344344 - Taken by drakaenae. 3 entrants total.
Super Hexagon -- MB-1682604836F9C966
Super Meat Boy -- MB-02446C5D294E419F - Taken by 73V3N. 2 entrants total.
System Shock Pack -- MB-FEB101F082AA306B - Taken by longlivegaming. 7 entrants total.
Tower of Guns -- MB-9A8BEE03434C41EE
VVVVVV -- MB-9244AB9EF51D073B
shutshimi -- MB-D2B6DFBCAFD641CF - Taken by InquisitorAles. 6 entrants total.

t1487798892z1.png

Unai

Done all the Resi 7 DLC now
apart from Ethan Must Die mode (fuck that)
and it's mostly fairly throwaway stuff but pleasant to play through.

Alot of it is essentially challenge remixes of locations from the campaign, so how you feel about resi 7 combat could really affect your outlook there :p

Nightmare: wave based horde mode bsaically set in the basement of the main house. Neat diversion but I'd be shocked at anyone but the staunchest completionists playing through this more than a handful of times.

Bedroom: puzzle based scenario, much like the "happy birthday" tape from the main game. Good but you'll only play it once.

Ethan Must Die: argh!! >_<
Randomised and remixed scenario from the main game where you must explore the mansion to open the greenhouse and then take down Margurite. You rely on randomised loot, and everything kills you in 1 or 2 hits. In a word: unfair.
I've not even managed to get to the boss yet, and am sick of trying at this point.

21: Everyone seems to have a downer on this mode, but I actually really liked it! yes it's blackjack, but it's dressed up in that macabre Saw-like manner from many other spots in the game. Plus there is an almost CCG-like quality to it given the use of special ability cards. Only thing I'll say is it's rather slow to play, it could do with being sped up.

Daughters: Basically a prologue to the game. You'll only play it twice to see both endings.

Happy Birthday Jack:
A dumb but fun time trial mode, emphasising resource management. Could see this being played a lot by fans of it as they try to perfect runs and get all unlockables.

It's fun but nothing here is worth £25 though (I got a really good deal on the season pass though, so that's why I picked it up), so it'll be down to the mystery story episode to really determine whether it's worth it.

PS: I have no idea why the vol. 2 DLC is more expensive than vol. 1 on Steam, they both offer similar scope of gameplay and content =/

I loved 21.

Night in the Woods falls apart in the last act in a way I've never seen any game match, and that includes Mass Effect 3. Absurd, full of plotholes, incomprehensible, and so on. Really hope I'll sleep on it and realize I missed something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom