• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2017 - Giveaways are back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cth

I took The Cursed Heart but when I activated the key it was The Siren's Call (I don't have any problem with this but just in case someone takes the Siren's Call and it gets another different game :p).

I've had that problem multiple times now.

I've been looking for Siren's Call since I have Cursed Heart, but every time I win Siren's Call it's Cursed Heart :D

Knurek

The barrage of steam sales in the second half of the year always makes me forget that the first half is basically completely empty.
And no good sales on other sites right now as well..

I'm hoping for the repeat of last year's Anime Sale.
Still haven't played half of games I bought then

bbd23

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (bbd23, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Gunmetal Arcadia Zero -- MB-4F5E2D0E19728F07 - Taken by Nomadic Sparks. 3 entrants total.
Infinifactory -- MB-C251226567A1822B - Taken by gurm3n. 4 entrants total.

t1487805572z1.png

xezuru

Question for Tales fans - would it be a big deal to play Vesperia before Symphonia?

I wouldn't say it's a huge deal but you'll feel the retro factor of a game made like 8 years before it as the combat system in Symphonia is greatly simpler.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
did we know about this Celeste game? Switch trailer but its coming to Steam aswell.

someone more talented than me whip up a gif or two

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Night in the Woods falls apart in the last act in a way I've never seen any game match, and that includes Mass Effect 3. Absurd, full of plotholes, incomprehensible, and so on. Really hope I'll sleep on it and realize I missed something.

well thats not something you want to hear from a mostly narrative driven game. How long did it take you at least?

the lack of buzz in this thread, and even in the OT about it is ... bizarre, only because of how hyped everyone seemed to be on it, and now nobody is talking about it, be it good or bad (there was someone else that commented on it briefly earlier and that was it that I saw)

r3n4ud

well thats not something you want to hear from a mostly narrative driven game. How long did it take you at least?

the lack of buzz in this thread, and even in the OT about it... bizarre, only because of how hyped everyone seemed to be on it, and now nobody is talking about it, be it good or bad (there was someone else that commented on it briefly earlier and that was it that I saw)
I played an hour yesterday and found it dull. Real dull.

I'll continue it later and see if it gets better.

Wok

the lack of buzz in this thread, and even in the OT about it... bizarre, only because of how hyped everyone seemed to be on it, and now nobody is talking about it, be it good or bad (there was someone else that commented on it briefly earlier and that was it that I saw)

Apparently, it is a 7-hour game.

I have played the two free side-games and it is no surprise to me if the main game were a dark-humor artsy surreal non-sense. It is part of the appeal.

Steam reviews are very positive (95% positive with 128 Steam purchases, so no Kickstarter backer or free copy).

I played an hour yesterday and found it dull. Real dull.

I'll continue it later and see if it gets better.

The genre can get boring, especially if you are not in the right mood. Am I right? 😆

C4rter

Remember this game?
It had a PC release

For that matter, how was the PC ver. compared to the PSOne ver? Would really like for it to be re-released on PC.

Damn straight I remember this game. It was awesome.
I can't compare PSOne and PC but I loved it on PC back in the day.

Master of Orion is on sale.
How not accessible at all it is?

(The only other space 4x game I've played is Endless Space 1 and I am horrible horrible at it)

Master of Orion is pretty accessible. Just with trying it out you can get pretty far on your first try (google a thing or two here and there).
It doesn't have that many options in comparison to similar games of the genre.

Just finished Power Hover and while it was short I enjoyed my time with it. The levels becomes harder as you progress and I'll go back to the ones where I missed some batteries to collect. There are also a Challenges that I still need to play more, but they appear to be focused on you get a score to unlock the next one.

Teggy

I wouldn't say it's a huge deal but you'll feel the retro factor of a game made like 8 years before it as the combat system in Symphonia is greatly simpler.

I find Symphonia more memorable than Vesperia so go with that one.

Basically, after I finish Wolfenstein 2008, Vesperia is the last game I need to play before I need to box up my 360, so I was wondering if Symphonia would seem especially dated if I played it afterwards.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Basically, after I finish Wolfenstein 2008, Vesperia is the last game I need to play before I need to box up my 360, so I was wondering if Symphonia would seem especially dated if I played it afterwards.

It would feel dated but at the same time it has a charm to it that modern ones dont have. The first hours can be a bit grating tho.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Anyone ever had an error redeeming a steam gift card that says to wait 30 minutes and try again?

According to Random Reddit Poster #484284, if you try to redeem the code again before the 30 minutes is up, you'll be slapped with another 30-minute wait.

Finished styx today, good game but the final part...what were they thinking??

Yeah, between the elves and the boss fight, the last leg of the game does leave a bit of a sour taste.

r3n4ud

Hey, can the Steam Link simply mirror what's on my desktop, not just what Steam is running?

Yep. Go to the top right corner, select the on/off symbol. Select "Minimize Big Picture" and you'll see your desktop. Pretty cool for steaming movies.

the lack of buzz in this thread, and even in the OT about it is ... bizarre, only because of how hyped everyone seemed to be on it, and now nobody is talking about it, be it good or bad (there was someone else that commented on it briefly earlier and that was it that I saw)
I made sure to talk with everyone on each day as much as I could and it took me about 9 hours and felt substantial enough content and length wise. There's very much a gameplay loop past the intro but it works well in the context of the story.
Apparently, it is a 7-hour game.

I have played the two free side-games and it is no surprise to me if the main game were a dark-humor artsy surreal non-sense. It is part of the appeal.
The surreal aspects of the last act aren't the issue I have, it's much more how it narratively jumps the shark into absolute absurdity. I was so entranced by it to that point that I played it in almost one sitting once I got off work outside of a break to jog. Hadn't done that with a game in years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom