• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2017 - Giveaways are back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Battlechili

Banned
I'd actually be more excited about this than Trails of Cold Steel.

More port guesses, however improbable they might be: Pandora's Tower, The Last Story, Fragile Dreams.
If Pandora's Tower somehow made its way to PC I'd be in love. Its my favorite Wii game. Was basically a 3D Zelda game with more dungeons and less overworld. It may not have been the biggest budget, but it made do with what it had VERY well. Some of the puzzles were hard tho x_x

Though, doesn't Nintendo own the rights to the game (and The Last Story too)? I don't really know what exactly went on there with those games. Nothing's impossible, but...

Dinjoralo

I think you could get a better result around the edges with the polygonal lasso in photoshop. That's what I use when I get bored and do some avatar requests.

I used a combination of paint.net lasso and a bit of magic wand when I can get away with it. The main thing being when you're shrinking it down to 100x100 or so, you can have little mistakes in there.

Nabae

Unconfirmed Member
Though, doesn't Nintendo own the rights to the game (and The Last Story too)? I don't really know what exactly went on there with those games. Nothing's impossible, but...
I did hear that was the case, although I have no idea how how to confirm it for myself. As long as there's a possibility though, it's probably better to treat it as a pipe dream.

I've had a stressful week, but finally got some good news. Sigh.

tumblr_ncegrwBbBw1rf56uqo1_500.gif

Orgen

I remember thinking Murray was really phoning it in. Probably only did it as a favour to the other guys and a quick paycheque.

There are a few good ones in the last giveaway I did that were never claimed:

Grim Legends: Song of the Dark Swan -- MB-50F6A4CA6BCCAA70
Grim Legends: The Forsake Bride -- MB-602E64E2FE342EC1 - Taken by Genki
Nightmares from the Deep: The Cursed Heart -- MB-335A340EFC79F739

Nightmares from the Deep: The Siren's Call -- MB-B17167A2B89A7ECB - Taken by Purkake4. 4 entrants total.

I took The Cursed Heart but when I activated the key it was The Siren's Call (I don't have any problem with this but just in case someone takes the Siren's Call and it gets another different game :p).

In other news Valencia just beat Real Madrid bwahahaha (it's the only worthwhile thing we've made this football season).

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
NVIDIA Fast Sync doesn't seem to work for me on a 60fps monitor/TV.

Stutters. It displays about 90fps according to overlay and steam, but lags like it's 20fps

I have vsync on too

Watch the first 10 seconds and you'll notice what I mean

https://youtu.be/-qas1nJeBhU

RedToad64

Anyone else having trouble with the Steam Community today? It reads "there was an error communicating with the Steam servers. Please try again later."

I have been messing with it for an hour now, and it seems to be something on Valve's side.

If I were to play a game achievements would still unlock, right?

EDIT: Changed the default server and everything works fine now. Valve needs to get on this.

BasilZero

Great news about dead rising 4 and dragon quest heroes 2

But when proper dragon quest rpg coming to steam? Justvport the iOS ver lol

Also haven't seen anyone talk about it but cloudbuilt is getting a new version called super cloudbuilt coming to steam, PS4 and Xbox one this summer

Gonna play the vanilla ver this weekend lol

Also thanks for the birthday wishes y'all and happy birthday for those who have one today as well!!!!

I was actually thinking of picking up Berserk until I saw it was basically a Dynasty Warriors game... you can only reskin the Yellow Turban Rebellion so many times.

Arminsc

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Arminsc, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Comix Zone -- MB-0920834EFA6F0BCA - Taken by Last Baron. 1 entrants total.
Shogun 2 Blood Pack -- MB-EB11ACCEE8EFDE6B
Total War Attila: Blood and Burning -- MB-CA06A9BA00A6C9CC
Total War Rome II: Blood and Gore -- MB-C24ABB02D5CA8BFD - Taken by Blu(e). 1 entrants total.

t1487798282z1.png

Tizoc

Remember this game?

It had a PC release

Well in Japan, this was the PSX version's cover

For that matter, how was the PC ver. compared to the PSOne ver? Would really like for it to be re-released on PC.

Sblargh

Banned
Master of Orion is on sale.
How not accessible at all it is?

(The only other space 4x game I've played is Endless Space 1 and I am horrible horrible at it)

Aaron D.

I was actually thinking of picking up Berserk until I saw it was basically a Dynasty Warriors game... you can only reskin the Yellow Turban Rebellion so many times.

I was curious about it 'cause I kept seeing front-page coverage for it on Steam and elsewhere.

Then I watched the GB QL.

Man, talk about flat, brain-dead gameplay in a lackluster & sterile environment. Yeeks.

Oh well, at least Jeff saved the QL with his antics.

Master of Orion is on sale.
How not accessible at all it is?

(The only other space 4x game I've played is Endless Space 1 and I am horrible horrible at it)

It's basically just a remake of the original. Gorgeous visuals but the gameplay isn't very deep.

I guess in that sense it might be just what you're looking for if you're new to the genre.

Still think you'd be better served with Stellaris though.

Wok

Remember this game?

This was one of my favorite demos on PSX. I never bought the game but I have been playing the demo for days. This was actually very innovative: a duel game involving tower defense, creep construction and a roaming hero unit.

D

Deleted member 59090

Unconfirmed Member
Remember this game?
For that matter, how was the PC ver. compared to the PSOne ver? Would really like for it to be re-released on PC.

As far as I remember it was fine. Not that I knew much about ports at the time but I played the crap out of it.

I was curious about it 'cause I kept seeing front-page coverage for it on Steam and elsewhere.

Then I watched the GB QL.

Man, talk about flat, brain-dead gameplay in a lackluster & sterile environment. Yeeks.

Oh well, at least Jeff saved the QL with his antics.

The GB Quick Look is what turned me off from it too, I was hoping/half way expecting it to be similar to Dragon's Dogma from the very little I had heard and saw but that turned out to be the opposite.

Ascheroth

That time where you've just completed a game and are now unsure what to play next, despite a large library of started/unplayed games.
I've noticed that I've nearly completed every game I bought last year and this year, except bundles obviously, so I'm currently out of a 'high priority' game.
...When did I become this efficient.
No good sales for wishlisted games either right now.

So after giving it some thought I did the only proper thing to do in this situation and started up Ys Origin again for some arena and boss rush fun. Welp.

Remember this game?

It had a PC release

Well in Japan, this was the PSX version's cover

If this was ever remastered and released on Steam. I wouldn't loathe EA too much after that.

Arthea

Why are you rushing so much, there's still a month till Atelier Firis. :p

I hope to finish some games in that time, as Sophie was preventing me playing much else!

That time where you've just completed a game and are now unsure what to play next, despite a large library of started/unplayed games.
I've noticed that I've nearly completed every game I bought last year and this year, except bundles obviously, so I'm currently out of a 'high priority' game.
...When did I become this efficient.
No good sales for wishlisted games either right now.

So after giving it some thought I did the only proper thing to do in this situation and started up Ys Origin again for some arena and boss rush fun. Welp.

I have games lined up and waiting to play or finish, but from time to time I get some urge to play something not on the list and that messes things a little.
and by a little I mean a lot

it's sounds so incredible for me that people can be out of high priority games to play on PC these days

Ascheroth

and here it is

as_1007ak25.jpg

100 hours though, and I haven't even perfected all items what I usually do in Atelier games.
Whew, congrats.
I have games lined up and waiting to play or finish, but from time to time I get some urge to play something not on the list and that messes things a little.
and by a little I mean a lot

it's sounds so incredible for me that people can be out of high priority games to play on PC these days
Technically, I still have tons of high priority games left. I just don't own them yet <.<
Should have bought more during the winter sale. The barrage of steam sales in the second half of the year always makes me forget that the first half is basically completely empty.
And no good sales on other sites right now as well..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom