• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2017 - Giveaways are back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I made sure to talk with everyone on each day as much as I could and it took me about 9 hours and felt substantial enough content and length wise. There's very much a gameplay loop past the intro but it works well in the context of the story.

The surreal aspects of the last act aren't the issue I have, it's much more how it narratively jumps the shark into absolute absurdity. I was so entranced by it to that point that I played it in almost one sitting once I got off work outside of a break to jog. Hadn't done that with a game in years.

thats cool at least. As I've made abundantly clear many times, game time is very high on my priorities with game purchases these days. Although in this case it doesnt matter much since Nights was always going to be a Humble game for me.

Resumed my Echoes of Aetheria playthrough and it continues to be shockingly (well maybe not so shockingly 11 hours in) great. It just had a
nuketown
moment that I didnt see coming at all heh.

Apparently, according to people that played it, it kinda falls apart story wise near the end (as all games do apparently...the fuck is up with that) but so far so good. Its not even a "good rpg maker game", its just a good rpg, and im certainly enjoying it a lot more than other "real" rpgs (like Final Fantasy 4, thats right, I said it! :3)

Annubis

Anyone bought the -40% Tales of Berseria off the Namco store?
If so, did you get it?

It's been over 48 hours for me and I've got nothing.

Anyone bought the -40% Tales of Berseria off the Namco store?
If so, did you get it?

It's been over 48 hours for me and I've got nothing.

A friend of mine bought Tales of Berseria from their store when it was on sale (a few days ago, I think) and got his key right away.

Unicorn

wtf is up with every night the marketplace fucking up and I can't list any more cards? they just don't show the going rate or "sell." I'm trying to make some pocket change Gaben!

Hereafter

wtf is up with every night the marketplace fucking up and I can't list any more cards? they just don't show the going rate or "sell." I'm trying to make some pocket change Gaben!

Might be a stupid question but do you have steam mobile authenticator? You might have to authorize it first.

Unicorn

Might be a stupid question but do you have steam mobile authenticator? You might have to authorize it first.

Yeah, I do, but I literally listed a couple dozen cards, played some Rocket League, made a snack, came back to see I should probably list more cards for pittance, but now they don't have the option. Tried to view market listings and had a hotlink to login, but resulted in failed connections. Just exited steam and reopened and the ad window that usually pops up popped up with an error and nothing loaded and same issues for the market. I'll try closing the app on my phone - also, annoying each card I lists makes my phone vibrate for confirmation.

Edit: Force stopped app on phone, and maybe it's just coincidence, but i can view my listings and list more now. blech.

Press Turn

Neo Member
Every time I see "Nier" and "Steam" get mentioned, I always go through the same process of:
"Wait I don't have enough cash for this.
Oh god, when was this announced that we would be getting the jank adventures of dad/broNier and Wie-
Oh Automata?"

Dad/BroNier jank adventures would be an amusing runthrough again though.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Would be great if Square released Dragon Quest 7 + 8 on Steam.

Their release is much more likely now that they've been ported to the 3DS, since the Android version of 8 was stuck in portrait mode. Now we have ones that have proper resolution, but the problem is that they're both just super low-res.

I've played them both on my New 3DS XL (finishing up 8 hopefully next week before Zelda becomes my handheld game of choice) and I have to say that while I appreciate the games being available and properly localized, the textures look really bad and very muddy.

They would have to put in probably a non-trivial amount of work to port them properly - and my guess is that they won't bother, especially considering their publishing deal with Nintendo here in the west.

Anustart

Grinding out proof's of concord kept in dark souls 3. This is a blast! Gotta get these achievements tied up then wait for that sweet, sweet dlc.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of hardcastlemccormick, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 26 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (hardcastlemccormick, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Sid Meier's Civilization V -- MB-ED5B3D13989BDF10 - Taken by T-Rex.. 9 entrants total.
2064: Read Only Memories -- MB-44E538D3E3FD8FEB - Taken by Platy. 10 entrants total.
AI War: Fleet Command -- MB-25CC67E20ECDE97C - Taken by Pafnucy. 4 entrants total.
Chroma Squad -- MB-84C70633DE827687 - Taken by Cth. 4 entrants total.
GRAV -- MB-0EDDFC5C9D665F83 - Taken by Sarcasm. 6 entrants total.
Girls Like Robots -- MB-FF6503F1741DE655 - Taken by dave is ok. 10 entrants total.
Guacamelee! Gold Edition -- MB-E1D7F6D2AECF4BEB - Taken by lazerfox. 1 entrants total.
Hand of Fate -- MB-12E72512B42355F7 - Taken by spindoctor. 29 entrants total.
Human Resource Machine -- MB-E562D3C82B74B665 - Taken by OmarYusaf. 4 entrants total.
No Time To Explain -- MB-25CB0A7939941348 - Taken by voodooray. 2 entrants total.
Octodad: Dadliest Catch -- MB-710AE9865B6ACB46 - Taken by BlakeofT. 9 entrants total.
Robot Roller Derby Disco Dodgeball -- MB-EB0A91653CB32152
Rocketbirds: Hardboiled Chicken -- MB-82908474D3BD3128 - Taken by bloke. 1 entrants total.
Sid Meier's Civilization III Complete -- MB-85E9A40EBB9A77B8 - Taken by Nabae. 3 entrants total.
Sid Meier's Civilization IV: The Complete Edition -- MB-C6F9777119F8AE61 - Taken by someguyinahat. 10 entrants total.
Stardew Valley -- MB-E0C64E4D2FCA3603 - Taken by Danielsan. 39 entrants total.
Super Hexagon -- MB-AC1FE464AC3C4E5D - Taken by Press Turn. 3 entrants total.
Super Meat Boy -- MB-991B231CECD83616 - Taken by Nomadic Sparks. 1 entrants total.
Superbrothers: Sword and Sworcery EP -- MB-BA99D9C23C7611C0 - Taken by Javier23. 2 entrants total.
System Shock Pack -- MB-418EE8A437F9ACFC - Taken by crimsonheadGCN. 14 entrants total.
The Stanley Parable -- MB-17C5B1D18B108210 - Taken by Belgarion. 9 entrants total.
The Swapper -- MB-54A379E06ABCB1DC - Taken by AcademicSaucer. 5 entrants total.
Thirty Flights of Loving -- MB-7BCE65A83740CE06 - Taken by Jalal. 12 entrants total.
Tower of Guns -- MB-5B03960474E39631 - Taken by Mackenzie 92. 5 entrants total.
VVVVVV -- MB-9A82847CF7F47395 - Taken by Smeagol. 1 entrants total.
World of Goo -- MB-11914A520C960A9E - Taken by 73V3N. 2 entrants total.

t1487865994z1.png

I remember some games were removed last month and there was a message that the cards/backgrounds/emoticons would no longer be marketable after the middle of February, I assumed that was a sort of grace period for people to sell their stuff, but maybe that was the date they were going to stop allowing you to sell stuff from removed games at all? There were a few games removed tonight and all the market listings have been removed already.

I remember some games were removed last month and there was a message that the cards/backgrounds/emoticons would no longer be marketable after the middle of February, I assumed that was a sort of grace period for people to sell their stuff, but maybe that was the date they were going to stop allowing you to sell stuff from removed games at all? There were a few games removed tonight and all the market listings have been removed already.

Valve are playing hardball now. The common element seems to be Russian devs and manipulated reviews.

You can still get most of the recently removed games from DIG.

yuraya

Their release is much more likely now that they've been ported to the 3DS, since the Android version of 8 was stuck in portrait mode. Now we have ones that have proper resolution, but the problem is that they're both just super low-res.

I've played them both on my New 3DS XL (finishing up 8 hopefully next week before Zelda becomes my handheld game of choice) and I have to say that while I appreciate the games being available and properly localized, the textures look really bad and very muddy.

They would have to put in probably a non-trivial amount of work to port them properly - and my guess is that they won't bother, especially considering their publishing deal with Nintendo here in the west.

Hopefully wtvr deal they have with Nintendo expires one day. And yea I doubt they put much work into them if they bring them to pc. Honestly wouldn't mind tho since the games are very old. They can release the worst ports imaginable too. Bat signal will be ready to call on Durante ;)

Grinding out proof's of concord kept in dark souls 3. This is a blast! Gotta get these achievements tied up then wait for that sweet, sweet dlc.

One of the few achievements in the game I didn't get. The drop rate for those things are so bad. I'll probably eventually get it since I got half of them but it took so long.

Also that other one you have to grind out in the caves with the skeletons. The drop rates for those are even worse. Those last few achievements in DS3 are just so tedious.

Valve are playing hardball now. The common element seems to be Russian devs and manipulated reviews.

You can still get most of the recently removed games from DIG.

I kind of liked some of the backgrounds though, and there's no way to get them unless you get really lucky with badge crafting. Of course that's assuming you can still craft booster packs for the removed games, I haven't actually checked that.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

Being unable to sell cards and such only applies to games that were pulled due to the developer's/publisher's distribution agreement being terminated. It actually says as much on the item page now:

This item can no longer be bought or sold on the Community Market because Valve no longer has a business relationship with the developer.

Press Turn

Neo Member
I've always wondered about Terraria.
Like should I buy it and give it a whirl? Seems simple enough for game process; dig deep, unleash unspeakable horrors, go "yo I got this, I played Ys", either walk out alive like a cool guy or get exposed.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
I started playing Saints Row the Third so me and my SO can do a co-op playthrough and... all the cutscenes are locked to 22 fps. The game wasn't always like this right? My GPU is only at about ~60% usage and CPU no where near maxing out, so this seems like a weeeeeird little thing. I mean... It definitely wasn't always like this right?

I would sacrifice Crash's entire existence for just one more Mischief Makers game.
My man. They missed their chance on the Wii, but the Switch is bringing back the shake shake possibilities let's go.

So, I got a 144hz monitor and I HATE IT.

It makes all other monitors look and feel like shit.
I kind of hate the dichotomy of 144hz monitors at the moment because it makes the motion of other monitors terrible, but all the high refresh rate monitors I've seen have unacceptable IQ for me, and I don't consider myself an especially picky person when it comes to that.

BTW, Wolfenstein 2009 performance on Xbox 360 is atrocious. Wish I had the Steam version :(
It's not that bad, I mean, it's pretty standard console fare in regards to performance from what I remember. Either way the game's pretty ho-hum and you can grab the non-Steam PC version for pretty cheap if you need the frames.

Teggy

It's not that bad, I mean, it's pretty standard console fare in regards to performance from what I remember. Either way the game's pretty ho-hum and you can grab the non-Steam PC version for pretty cheap if you need the frames.

Often when I enter the veil it drops to like 5fps. Also getting weird delays in shooting the mp40. PC copies look to be going for minimum $25. I'll tough it out. Not a long game from what I understand.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
I've always wondered about Terraria.
Like should I buy it and give it a whirl? Seems simple enough for game process; dig deep, unleash unspeakable horrors, go "yo I got this, I played Ys", either walk out alive like a cool guy or get exposed.

It's one of my favorite games from the last decade. It's like a cross between Minecraft and Castlevania. Very satisfying to prepare for, challenge, and overcome the bosses.

The way you interact with the environment is how I would have imagined games would be in the future, back during the SNES era. It's cool stuff.

Battlechili

Banned
*start listening to the Nier Automata soundtrack on youtube now that its out in Japan*
I've made a dreadful mistake.
It sounds even better than it did in the trailers.
I don't know how much longer I can suffer this. March 10 can't come soon enough.

Extras from the latest Humble Bundle:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Textured Monk, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

t1cxE6r.gif
Civilization 4 Complete Edition -- MB-C7555187B5B5F474 - Taken by Hakkelus
t1cxE6r.gif
Civilization 5 -- MB-6E6389C4F4CE8C9C - Taken by Loptous
t1cxE6r.gif
Civilization 5 Brave New World -- MB-033D047AE54C059C - Taken by Deques
t1cxE6r.gif
Civilization 5 Gods and Kings -- MB-31D22B06D5906A51 - Taken by Mackenzie 92
Civilization 3 Complete -- MB-334BCC2163E5E8CF - Taken by Coldsun

EDIT: and I'm not a junior any more. Good timing.

Card Boy

Banned
The card fanatic in me needs to know more about Z. Year One. Seems abit pricey for a single player only online CCG but the screens look good.

So.

I actually wanna know why the K-T ports (not sure about Atelier/Azure) still seem to have the crash bugs if you dont run it in W7. Apparently in Berserk it even shows a message, that it should be in the W7 compatibility mode.

I dont know much about coding, engineering and whatnot, but is there any reason why they have to run in W7 mode to stop crashes?

Azure never crashed on me

Yeah. Im not sure about those two ports but since Toukiden, every game has the Win7 compatibility mode per default afaik (Arsland and AoT had as well as SW-II-2) and if you turn it off, they crash every few minutes (though Toukiden also crashes with it turned on, but not every few minutes).

So I wonder what the reason is.

zkylon

zkylewd
yeah steamworld heist is pretty great, tho i'm afraid of it getting repetitive fast and also of me just grinding out levels cos idk i like this setup of leveling up my dudes with little risk

i hope u ever get to upgrade your ship

Auraela

Banned
Yeah. Im not sure about those two ports but since Toukiden, every game has the Win7 compatibility mode per default afaik (Arsland and AoT had as well as SW-II-2) and if you turn it off, they crash every few minutes (though Toukiden also crashes with it turned on, but not every few minutes).

So I wonder what the reason is.

I press no on that box on each load with berserk and ive had no crashes ? Pretty sure on berserk thsts just old shit left from toukiden

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom