• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2017 - Giveaways are back

Status
Not open for further replies.

MUnited83

For you.
Oh wow DS II SOTFS is filled. Had tons of signs in the very first area. Also experienced my first death, gah. It was total bullshit. One of the turtle guys sent me into the lake.

I really should go and take this opportunity to pump out the couple of achievements i'm missing from SOTFS. And then start a new game altogether.

chronomac

Guess who forgot to unsubscribe...

ABWjRj4.png

...but in my defense I didn't know they were going to charge me a week ahead of time.

Fucking Capcom did it again. They forgot to add whatever flag is needed (JaseC knows how it's called) to make Dead Rising 4 show in public. This happens with every release they do.

When you add Dead Rising 4 to your wishlist or buy the game it will not show up in the activity feed. Why are they still doing this. It's like free advertisment when your friends see you wishlisting or buying the game.

Hmm, it's still in my feed from when a friend purchased it a couple days ago; not sure about the wishlisting. I'm on the fence on my preorder for the 20%.

BdpHzcC.png

zkylon

zkylewd
i really hope mass effect andromeda runs ok on my pc

how have previous frostbite games been performance wise in mid-tier pcs?

I mean, it's a subscription service. That's kinda what it is.
yea i dont like these kinds of subscription services i guess

also it's really sucky that it charges me $12 and immediately sends me an email telling me i could use a coupon to get it for $10.80

it's like 1 dollar so who cares but still annoying

anyways, is total warhammer any good lol?

Pretty well, it seems. You could go try the Star Wars Battlefront demo on Origin, that would probably be indicative of Mass Effect's performance I would think.

Or you could be like me and subscribe to Origin Access (there's a free 7-day trial offer which ends on March 7th, after that it's $5 a month), which will give you access to the Mass Effect Andromeda 10-hour demo. I'm sure the demo will cut off single player progress at a certain point, but hey, it's a demo.

yea i dont like these kinds of subscription services i guess

also it's really sucky that it charges me $12 and immediately sends me an email telling me i could use a coupon to get it for $10.80

it's like 1 dollar so who cares but still annoying

anyways, is total warhammer any good lol?

Was Dragon Age: Inquisition Frostbite? I think it was, and it ran surprisingly well on my Radeon 7770. Looked good, too.

And Total Warhammer is the best Total War game out there. No joke, it's fantastic. Waaagh has never been so fun.

zebez

They just released the official system requirements:

MINIMUM SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
PROCESSOR: Intel Core i5 3570 or AMD FX-6350
MEMORY: 8 GB RAM
VIDEO CARD: NVIDIA GTX 660 2GB, AMD Radeon 7850 2GB
HARD DRIVE: At least 55 GB of free space
DIRECTX: DirectX 11
RECOMMENDED SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
PROCESSOR: Intel Core i7-4790 or AMD FX-8350
MEMORY: 16 GB RAM
VIDEO CARD: NVIDIA GTX 1060 3GB, AMD RX 480 4GB

And the frostbite engine is very optimized, look at BF1.

gabbo

Yeah... i meet the min in proc and videocard!

Tonton

Does Ultimate Ninja Storm 4 continue the story from the previous games or does it just start at some random decisive point well into it for no reason

And they told me I went overboard when I bought mine.

That third boss on Nuclear Throne...

I have survived an average of three seconds against him. I feel like only Crystal's special or melee weapons can possibly withstand his barrages... haven't had success with anything but the latter, though.

But, man. Just wait until you see the fourth boss.

Cels

bought shovel knight, it's on sale for $9.99 at humble

the price is going up soon i think so this is probably the last sale you'll see before that

Wok

I bought Hollow Knight. 👻

Good job, humble marketers! Keep hrowing paid demos in my monthly bundle! 💰🤑

bbd23

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (bbd23, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Hollow Knight -- MB-1627B3730CADA766 - Taken by Vastag. 84 entrants total.

t1487973744z1.png
Hello

Watching vidoes of trash games Slender and SCP inspired, one thing I'm glad never caught on from those is blinking mechanics.

ZxYMUwQ.png

So damn annoying and unnecessary.

Tonton

Looks like GOG has a little interview with Ken Barry from XSEED and an AMA with Tom

From the AMA:
I can't comment on any games we haven't already announced, but suffice it to say we still love Falcom over here, and we still have some Falcom games up our sleeves for the future
I'd love to work on some of the older Falcom titles, personally. Zwei!!, The Legend of Heroes Gagharv Trilogy, Brandish 4, Sorcerian, Dinosaur: Resurrection, RINNE, VM Japan... they've released a ton of great games for Windows over the years. And yes, I think it's possible we may see a title or two from Falcom's back catalogue sometime in the future. I couldn't say when, but I've been pushing for this for a long time now, and will continue to do so for as long as I can, until such time as I get fired (out of a cannon) for my perpetual nagging. ;)
GIVE ME ALL THE FALCOM

Picks up right where 3 leaves off, without the weird non-canon ending they had to do since the manga wasn't done yet.

I see, thanks
Only 3 and 4 are availble on Steam, right?

Tizoc

EDIT: Thanks for the styx correction.

So a few things
1- Snake Pass' price has been announced, being $19.99 / £16.99 / €19.99, along with a new video from the developers
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOsoM4IQhj0
header.jpg

http://store.steampowered.com/app/544330/

2- Just finished Ghostbusters 2009. Seems it got delisted last year and replaced with the Activision one :/
All in all it was fun going around Busting with the old gang, and I strongly recommend playing it with MSAA and its ilk

Looks like GOG has a little interview with Ken Barry from XSEED and an AMA with Tom

From the AMA:

GIVE ME ALL THE FALCOM

I see, thanks

INJECT THEM INTO MY VEINS XSEED!
GIVE ME THAT FALCOM GOODNESS!

zkylon

zkylewd
hmm the mass effect stuff seems promising then

i might preorder it, i feel pretty detached from mass effect after how shit 3 in its entirety was but i really love that universe and would love bioware knocking it out of the park again

I see, thanks

3, Revolution and 4. Revolution is a side game that has better combat and competitive modes than 3 but a really bad story mode. If you only care about the story(which 3 handles alot better), then skip revolution and just go to 4.

Eila

Eila

Wait, is that interview the first confirmation that Net High isn't being localised? That's thread worthy if so.

Not by XSEED at a least. Someone else could be a bad enough dude to bring it over. Maybe PQube. They did Valkyrie Drive and that's also Marvelous.

Tonton

Wait, is that interview the first confirmation that Net High isn't being localised? That's thread worthy if so.
afaik, yes
i wouldn't say it's quite thread worthy since i guess there's always the chance someone else like pqube thinks it might be worth a try

3, Revolution and 4. Revolution is a side game that has better combat and competitive modes than 3 but a really bad story mode. If you only care about the story(which 3 handles alot better), then skip revolution and just go to 4.

I see, thanks, might look into getting 3

M.D

I have survived an average of three seconds against him. I feel like only Crystal's special or melee weapons can possibly withstand his barrages... haven't had success with anything but the latter, though.

But, man. Just wait until you see the fourth boss.

I just beat him, it was so much chaos in a tight spot.. I don't know I lived ;d not to mention I had I.D.P.D on my ass at same time!

I didn't know what to expect from the next area, somehow survived what must have been most of the enemies in that stage and found some sort of automatic grenade launcher with that was glowing purple and didn't let me switch to my other weapon, so naturally I ate it and it took my 2 health points and killed -_-

Robot is my favorite character by far (from the ones I've unlocked)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom