• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2017 - Giveaways are back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orgen

I played Oxenfree straight through, and I really enjoyed it. The
time travel
aspects were kind of interesting, and the characters all had interesting back stories and were well voice acted.

I missed a few of the secrets and whatnot, but I'm pretty happy with how it all turned out. Took about 3.4 hours so it's not that long of a game.

It was a good "I'm waiting for Horizon / Zelda this week and didn't want to start anything too lengthy" game.

Did you do the new game+? Totally recommended.

Echoplx

Wow I saw a random comment that said installing Reshade fixes this and it actually works.

I don't even want to know why I'm just happy.

Durante

This Bioware talk reminds me that I have still neither played nor bought DA:I -- and I feel absolutely no inclination to.

It's great how, compared to e.g. when DA1 was released, we now have tons of
superior
choices available as RPG fans.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Did you do the new game+? Totally recommended.

Oh I didn't even know that was a thing. Is it like, totally different?

I only got about half of the achievements, so I might jump back in at some point and mop those up if the NG+ mode is cool.

Uzzy

I played Oxenfree straight through, and I really enjoyed it. The
time travel
aspects were kind of interesting, and the characters all had interesting back stories and were well voice acted.

I missed a few of the secrets and whatnot, but I'm pretty happy with how it all turned out. Took about 3.4 hours so it's not that long of a game.

It was a good "I'm waiting for Horizon / Zelda this week and didn't want to start anything too lengthy" game.

If you've time, you should go through New Game Plus for Oxenfree. It's quite a ride. It changes a lot too, given the nature of the story.

Arulan

This Bioware talk reminds me that I have still neither played nor bought DA:I -- and I feel absolutely no inclination to.

It's great how, compared to e.g. when DA1 was released, we now have tons of
superior
choices available as RPG fans.

Oh what a change!

A few more years of that and... well...

Durance-portrait.jpg

Now the likes of BioWare and Bethesda can continue to decline in their insatiable quest for the mainstream, while there are more good RPGs released per year than time to play them.

15469.jpg

Source

zkylon

zkylewd
yeah... i think it's optimistic to think beth and bioware are in the decline lol

also again no need to be upset at them targeting the mainstream

options is the best thing possible, if they're broadening out their games good on them, if u want to play a niche game you're covered with the pillars and the divinities

everyone wins

Durante

yeah... i think it's optimistic to think beth and bioware are in the decline lol
Their games' quality as RPGs has been declining heavily.

also again no need to be upset at them targeting the mainstream
Yes, that was the point of my post. It was somewhat upsetting in the late 00s and early 10s, because your choices in RPGs were so limited. Now it's easy to just ignore them.

Lanrutcon

Bethesda is on the decline. Putting aside them retargeting their products and focusing more on the mainstream, FO4 was really sloppy in several regards. I'm not even talking NV standards here: just as a general product.

I think Bethesda have become very complacent because they have no real competition, and the modding community fixes their shit/brings it up to par every time.

I hope the next ES is a bit more demanding of the player, or at least gives them the option of playing a more serious game (where it doesn't just become a matter of increased enemy health bars).

zkylon

zkylewd
Decline in quality. I don't think anyone is arguing they're not making bank.
oh

i wouldn't say it's a recent trend tho, or in any way related to the rise of the kickstarter rpgs

Their games' quality as RPGs has been declining heavily.
you didn't even play inquisition you joker :p

Yes, that was the point of my post. It was somewhat upsetting in the late 00s and early 10s, because your choices in RPGs were so limited. Now it's easy to just ignore them.
yup

kickstarter is a good thing

So huh, Fez is on itch.io. I wonder if it's the legit version, seeing as the developer of Power Hover had his game unofficially ripped there. Guessing it is since it's priced.
well it says polytron all over the place so i'm guessing so?

idk

Bethesda is on the decline. Putting aside them retargeting their products and focusing more on the mainstream, FO4 was really sloppy in several regards. I'm not even talking NV standards here: just as a general product.

I think Bethesda have become very complacent because they have no real competition, and the modding community fixes their shit/brings it up to par every time.

I hope the next ES is a bit more demanding of the player, or at least gives them the option of playing a more serious game (where it doesn't just become a matter of increased enemy health bars).
idk, i think demanding is fine but i'm not against them streamlining out all the fat from their games

i love morrowind but that game was a nightmare for modern standards lol

i say this as someone that can't get past the first town in skyrim cos i get absurdly bored, but i still think it's not bad that they're making more accessible games

Orgen

Oh I didn't even know that was a thing. Is it like, totally different?

I only got about half of the achievements, so I might jump back in at some point and mop those up if the NG+ mode is cool.

If you've time, you should go through New Game Plus for Oxenfree. It's quite a ride. It changes a lot too, given the nature of the story.

Maybe "changes a lot" is a bit of an exaggeration but there're changes and they're cool too :) (The achievements spoils things that maybe you didn't do on your first run that you can obtain in your new game+).

Serra

It's game of the year material. Yet, nobody's discussing/reviewing it. Breaks my heart.

Atleast it has a decently active thread here on GAF. I havent picked it up yet personally but I definitely will when I have time to actually play it!

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
It's game of the year material. Yet, nobody's discussing/reviewing it. Breaks my heart.

Media reviews are surprisingly lacking, but it's received much more attention on here than I would have guessed for a PC-exclusive indie. Hopefully the Switch and inevitable PS4/X1 ports don't take too long as Cherry really ought to be further rewarded for conjuring something so special from a relatively meagre budget.

Ascheroth

I'm not sure what went wrong there, but it certainly looks amusing.

Wow I saw a random comment that said installing Reshade fixes this and it actually works.

I don't even want to know why I'm just happy.

I had the exact same problem last year and refunded the game.
This is something I hadn't tried at the time, maybe I'll give it another try during the next sale.

Mivey

Finished it recently with quite a few mods reducing the worst elements, and it still feels so useless as a game. Which infuriates me, because I actually like what they are doing with the setting they built over 2 games.
I am looking forward to what Gaider will do at Beamdog, freed from having to work on games targeted at the least common denominator. Which reminds me that I should play Siege of Dragonspear.

Ascheroth

That happens when you're granted (not to be confused with sent) a gift and there's no message attached.
Huh, interesting.

10 days till Atelier Firis release.

edited: on steamspy Sophie number dropped back to 14K!
I wonder what happened there
Just fluctuations. Berseria also dropped from 66 to 55, went up again to 66 again and dropped to 61 now.
SteamSpy gets more accurate the more owner a game has (and fluctuations of a few thousand aren't that visible then.)

Genki

GamersGate got the Unreal Deal Pack on sale for £2.30 / 2,81€ (PayPal conversion): https://uk.gamersgate.com/DD-UNREAL-DEAL-PACK/unreal-deal-pack

Supposedly the cheapest it's ever been according to isthereanydeal.

Includes:
Unreal 2: The Awakening
Unreal Gold
Unreal Tournament 2004: Editor's Choice Edition
Unreal Tournament 3 Black
Unreal Tournament: Game of the Year Edition

That really is an unreal deal. The multiplayer ones are still great (UT2004 > UT99 >>> UT 3). Speaking of, I need to check in on the new one. What I played of it was promising, but I think they're a skeleton crew if that.

MUnited83

For you.
At least it's not that one screenshot people tend to share that looks as though her step-mother walked in on her flicking her bean.

(I should probably note that this isn't my screenshot.)
Someone needs to take this screenshot but with the exclusive 4K Sweat turned on.

Orgen

Nier not having an stable framerate even on PS4 Pro

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1348041

I don't know if it's Platinum's fault (they try to get the best of its games but can't mantain a 60fps) just like it happened with Bayonetta on X360 and Bayonetta 2 on Wii U but maybe it'll be better optimized on PC.

Do we have any requirements for the game? I loved Nier 1 and it seems that Nier 2 is almost as good or even better but I don't think it'll run very well on a 950m :(

C4rter

GamersGate got the Unreal Deal Pack on sale for £2.30 / 2,81€ (PayPal conversion): https://uk.gamersgate.com/DD-UNREAL-DEAL-PACK/unreal-deal-pack

Supposedly the cheapest it's ever been according to isthereanydeal.

Includes:
Unreal 2: The Awakening
Unreal Gold
Unreal Tournament 2004: Editor's Choice Edition
Unreal Tournament 3 Black
Unreal Tournament: Game of the Year Edition

Awesome, thanks. Bought I because Steam won't let me purchase that in Store. Gladly I could activate the key without any issues.

JaseC

Nier not having an stable framerate even on PS4 Pro

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1348041

I don't know if it's Platinum's fault (they try to get the best of its games but can't mantain a 60fps) just like it happened with Bayonetta on X360 and Bayonetta 2 on Wii U but maybe it'll be better optimized on PC.

Do we have any requirements for the game? I loved Nier 1 and it seems that Nier 2 is almost as good or even better but I don't think it'll run very well on a 950m :(

It may be CPU-bound if the engine isn't particularly well-suited for multi-threading. AMD's Jaguar architecture, well, sucks, relatively speaking -- it was quite literally designed for low-power mobile devices, not video game consoles. Both Microsoft and Sony placed reliability/profitability above power this generation and rightly so given their respective disasters last generation (and no competition in that regard from Nintendo).

Mibuokami

Dammit completely forgot how to do this...

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Mibuokami, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Wasteland 2: Director's Cut -- MB-0B5A446D7C2C72EC - Taken by PaulSane. 25 entrants total.

t1488211474z1.png

JaseC

River City Ransom: Undergroudn is probably up for sale in roughly 5 hours from now, right?

Not unless the developer decides to flick the switch. It's currently sandwiched between a game unlocking in 11 hours and another in 13.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom