• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2017 - Giveaways are back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dinjoralo

It cures everything.

Might make the backlog worse though, since playing it for 100 hours means you aren't playing shorter games :p

In all seriousness though, seeing so many people in SteamGAF enjoy Atelier makes me really happy.

That reminds me, I need to get back on Atelier. Though I definitely need some kind of list on which area is what difficulty. It'd make it easier to remember where I've been.

Also holy crap is this neogaf extension useful.

Lomax

Maybe they'll discount Sophie when the next one comes out? At this point probably any discount at all would break my resolve to wait, I keep searching for other games with good crafting and the threads all turn into to "play an Atelier game" and it just kills me.

illusionary

Evoland 1's controller option is broken.

Doesnt read my Xbox 360 controller nor my Dualshock 4.

Keyboard/Mouse is fine but still....none of the fixes worked :(

Decided to play Astebreed yesterday instead and beat it - pretty rad game, 78 out of 100.

I gather that the devs are aware that the controller support isn't working for everyone, but I don't think that there are any current plans for an 'official' fix, sadly. For me, an Xbox One controller wouldn't work properly, but it was fine with a Dualshock 4.

oipic

Far out, can't believe almost four years have past since the Torment: Tides of Numenera Kickstarter. It's so nearly here, after all this time. Four years of backer updates have flown by, it seems.

The question remains as to whether to dive straight in at release, or wait for some inevitable patching and tweaking (and DLC?) in the weeks/months ahead. I guess we've waited this long, a little longer can't hurt?

Parsnip

Like they dropped the Wii U gamepad? Nintendo has never shown a willingness to abandon their gimmicks, I wouldn't count on them doing it now.
2DS exists, which is just a version of 3DS without the 3D gimmick. Just as a recent example.

WiiU comparison is also not accurate as Switch screen is not essential in the same way the gamepad was for the WiiU.
When Switch is docked, touchscreen is not available so the games have to be designed in a way that they can be played without it. Therefore they can drop it if they want to.

And I think they will.

Ascheroth

That reminds me, I need to get back on Atelier. Though I definitely need some kind of list on which area is what difficulty. It'd make it easier to remember where I've been.

Also holy crap is this neogaf extension useful.
Not sure if you already know this or not, but maybe it's helpful:
- unvisited paths are yellow
- pressing X over an area on the worldmap brings up the enxyclopedia entry, which shows which monsters can be found there (doesn't show their levels, but you'll get a feel for which are stronger)

Maybe they'll discount Sophie when the next one comes out? At this point probably any discount at all would break my resolve to wait, I keep searching for other games with good crafting and the threads all turn into to "play an Atelier game" and it just kills me.
It was -15% on GMG when it released, best you could get it outside of the -20% bundle deal with Nights of Azure.
But yeah, giving it a slight discounut when Firis comes out would be nice.

MUnited83

For you.
It cures everything.

Might make the backlog worse though, since playing it for 100 hours means you aren't playing shorter games :p

In all seriousness though, seeing so many people in SteamGAF enjoy Atelier makes me really happy.

I should start playing it for real... Thing is, the series is like one of my favorite things to play on the go, and I'm waiting until I can afford the GPD Win... darn it :p

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of ramoisdead, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 8 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (ramoisdead, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Bit Blaster XL -- MB-DC7BDE9A02B6E147 - Taken by fuzzy123. 3 entrants total.
Contrast -- MB-935AB93FB518FB9B - Taken by Smeagol. 25 entrants total.
Galak-Z -- MB-B256DE1F8EAB91CE - Taken by tuxfool. 7 entrants total.
I Am Bread -- MB-FD2120C55E6E0009 - Taken by PAUonePUNCH. 12 entrants total.
Odallus: The Dark Call -- MB-80FC517B32D032A7 - Taken by sixteen-bit. 6 entrants total.
Star Wars Battlefront II -- MB-934937642E6046FC - Taken by crimsonheadGCN. 2 entrants total.
Star Wars: Dark Forces -- MB-2F512E45C8D9BBD8 - Taken by texhnolyze. 2 entrants total.
Starward Rogue -- MB-A7E73918EB7AD254 - Taken by rainking187. 5 entrants total.

t1488157042z1.png

Ascheroth

"I need your help. My husband is in the hospital but we have no money, only a car."
"You want to sell the car?"
"No, I want you to drive it into the harbor, our insurance is really good."

Sleeping Dogs making a good first impression.
I'm also liking how melee-focused it is.

Lomax

"I need your help. My husband is in the hospital but we have no money, only a car."

Early on the melee is a bit clunky but once you unlock some more abilities it becomes a real joy to play. Such a great game.

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42

Sleeping Dogs is amazing. The delivery of a lot of the lines really sell them.

MUnited83

For you.

Considering the state the car was in, seems silly to need to drive it into the harbor :p

I think in March, I'll probably buy River City Ransom: Underground and Hollow Knight when the month begins and wait to see what else perks my interest. I won't be getting a Switch or Zelda because that's way too expensive for my tastes to be honest. In fact, I'm only half way convinced to get a Switch because of NMH 3. I need to see what it's going to be like
and see what else had planned for the Switch.

Far out, can't believe almost four years have past since the Torment: Tides of Numenera Kickstarter. It's so nearly here, after all this time. Four years of backer updates have flown by, it seems.

The question remains as to whether to dive straight in at release, or wait for some inevitable patching and tweaking (and DLC?) in the weeks/months ahead. I guess we've waited this long, a little longer can't hurt?

I'm still amazed it was even made, I can't wait. Though it does come out the same day as Horizon Zero Dawn.

The best deal I can find for Torment is DLgamer for under $38.

Parsnip

Alrighty, beat the last extra boss in Atelier Sophie and unless I've missed something, I'm done with it. Bring on Atelier Firis.
Sunk about 64 hours into it.

Also looks like the final achievement went straight to my rare achievements showcase. Neat.

Dinjoralo

Not sure if you already know this or not, but maybe it's helpful:
- unvisited paths are yellow
- pressing X over an area on the worldmap brings up the enxyclopedia entry, which shows which monsters can be found there (doesn't show their levels, but you'll get a feel for which are stronger)

Ooooooh! That will be super handy for a lot of things, thanks!

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of bobnowhere, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 59 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (bobnowhere, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

2064: Read Only Memories -- MB-208A310FB3546DA2 - Taken by Valxal. 6 entrants total.
AI War: Fleet Command -- MB-410206B5E644B786 - Taken by Mikurden
Another World 20th Anniversary Edition -- MB-6BED4EC05FEFCE97 - Taken by Cels. 10 entrants total.
BUNKER THE UNDERGROUND GAME -- MB-C45A2C5045831349 - Taken by Accoun. 5 entrants total.
Chroma Squad -- MB-2604058784E88768 - Taken by Nabae. 3 entrants total.
Cube Master -- MB-2D4545EEF029E761 - Taken by illusionary. 1 entrants total.
Dangerous High School Girls in Trouble -- MB-577A46E2304E6FF1 - Taken by Costa1774. 3 entrants total.
Day of the Tentacle -- MB-7240C027531D8185 - Taken by Abomination. 2 entrants total.
DiRT 3 Complete Edition -- MB-08BEE469D9F38122 - Taken by Nomadic Sparks
Dusty Revenge: Co-Op Edition -- MB-D148E5587337D9FA - Taken by Shalashaska. 4 entrants total.
Forbidden Planet -- MB-1D44119A00D168C9 - Taken by Nomadic Sparks
Girls Like Robots -- MB-7D318DF8121DD9C1 - Taken by Cth. 2 entrants total.
Guacamelee! Gold Edition -- MB-2A8DE96AB6544CA0 - Taken by BlakeofT
Guns of Icarus Online -- MB-EFC08530B10FC280 - Taken by fifasnipe2224
House of 1000 Doors: The Palm of Zoroaster Collector's Edition -- MB-AFEA6719743A167E - Taken by Purkake4. 2 entrants total.
Human Resource Machine -- MB-0B1BAE20224641C3 - Taken by redlacs. 4 entrants total.
Invisible, Inc. -- MB-37851FCA1602E0F8 - Taken by titch. 20 entrants total.
Ittle Dew -- MB-DF5610D25D63884A - Taken by Javier23. 8 entrants total.
KEEBLES -- MB-C0BD13A8C811437B - Taken by Loptous
Lethal League -- MB-BECC1A08E1F1A8F4 - Taken by crimsonheadGCN. 1 entrants total.
Luna's Wandering Stars -- MB-4D655B585F57918D - Taken by drakaenae. 2 entrants total.
Mini Metro -- MB-891D8F6030D2B5E4 - Taken by Dongs Macabre. 7 entrants total.
Monster Loves You -- MB-CECAE86C1521DACB - Taken by fenners. 3 entrants total.
Mount & Blade -- MB-7EB339CAC4C1564A - Taken by Regginator. 7 entrants total.
Mushroom 11 -- MB-67B08E27E9BD4F5E - Taken by Mackenzie 92. 2 entrants total.
No Time to Explain -- MB-D0D98AC82525F7F8 - Taken by fernandes
Nuclear Throne -- MB-72C121D086D65B43 - Taken by sid2vicious. 17 entrants total.
Odallus: The Dark Call -- MB-D075727620A40A0E - Taken by ThirtyFour. 6 entrants total.
Potatoman Seeks the Troof -- MB-58E68F4922C0AFD2 - Taken by Vuze. 1 entrants total.
Princess Isabella - Return of the Curse -- MB-C8B4D6B8B39DCF52 - Taken by someguyinahat. 3 entrants total.
Q.U.B.E: Director's Cut -- MB-987E4A80702004B4 - Taken by enbred. 1 entrants total.
ROCKETSROCKETSROCKETS -- MB-31239BA27CB52ABC - Taken by bloke. 2 entrants total.
Retro Game Crunch -- MB-840E687255F8FBA8 - Taken by bloke
Rise of the Triad -- MB-E5E8FED656FBB8A5 - Taken by Tall4Life. 2 entrants total.
Rituals -- MB-9C4957C9B41C356C - Taken by yoshizzle
Robot Roller-Derby Disco Dodgeball -- MB-B2D9C29D6F001C05 - Taken by Mikaju
Rocket Birds: Hardboiled Chicken -- MB-3F52C64B9B36A37A - Taken by dot
SUPER HOP N BOP ULTRA -- MB-FABCD961F6CCB85C - Taken by voodooray. 2 entrants total.
Secrets of Raetikon -- MB-D0F05745B42DC1E7 - Taken by Zeeman. 1 entrants total.
Spaera -- MB-7B29DB06A21BEAD5 - Taken by rainking187. 1 entrants total.
Spirits -- MB-2F713F19B14A12C1 - Taken by longlivegaming. 2 entrants total.
Starward Rogue -- MB-6BE41D6F559D9431 - Taken by InquisitorAles. 4 entrants total.
Super Galaxy Squadron EX -- MB-A9E948AAB2C8BAC0 - Taken by Catshade. 2 entrants total.
Super Hexagon -- MB-4D923E28B0DD1C70 - Taken by sixteen-bit. 1 entrants total.
Super Meat Boy -- MB-DBDD6796EAD37F28 - Taken by gurm3n
Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP -- MB-BCE2B78A104BCA38 - Taken by Vuze
System Shock Pack -- MB-265FFA21B6E1604C - Taken by gurm3n. 10 entrants total.
THREE DEAD ZED -- MB-C3EE20319757D705 - Taken by Mackenzie 92
TIMEframe -- MB-991ABD4BB16C9766 - Taken by Mikurden. 5 entrants total.
TOWER WARS -- MB-3C15809B12578F8E - Taken by Nomadic Sparks
The Legend of Dark Witch -- MB-3B0FF021F6E6A6C4 - Taken by thesaucetastic. 8 entrants total.
The Stanley Parable -- MB-F19760578519565B - Taken by Phox. 8 entrants total.
The Swapper -- MB-01536D222AF5C8CF - Taken by 73V3N
Tower of Guns -- MB-55E476E5C4FE7EF2 - Taken by Press Turn. 3 entrants total.
VVVVVV -- MB-D046136698CE5564 - Taken by Press Turn
Waking Mars -- MB-A10D8238AB5DACA8 - Taken by MaxiLive
World of Goo -- MB-8214213EAA1A6715 - Taken by Press Turn
Wrack -- MB-05CFB59BF97732F6 - Taken by redlacs. 7 entrants total.
shutshimi -- MB-92DB0FCF30176B93 - Taken by Stumpokapow. 1 entrants total.

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: One or more keys you added were already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

t1488159974z1.png

Tagyhag

So, I don't know if anyone's ever heard of this before but the only problem I have with my 144hz monitor is that whenever I move the camera while playing video games, I notice that the environment gets darker and sharper until I stop moving it.

I thought it was just some post-processing effect that they put in Fable Anniversary but I started to notice it on Far Cry 4 as well.

I started looking into the monitor settings and the Nvidia control panel but I can't find anything about it, anyone have a clue? The best way that I could describe it is adaptive sharpening.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
So, I don't know if anyone's ever heard of this before but the only problem I have with my 144hz monitor is that whenever I move the camera while playing video games, I notice that the environment gets darker and sharper until I stop moving it.

I thought it was just some post-processing effect that they put in Fable Anniversary but I started to notice it on Far Cry 4 as well.

I started looking into the monitor settings and the Nvidia control panel but I can't find anything about it, anyone have a clue? The best way that I could describe it is adaptive sharpening.

Are you downsampling? I've noticed some games seem to get darker when downsampled.

Teggy

There's a certain satisfying challenge in finding your way in Hollow Knight without arrows pointing you to the next area. However, the potential for frustration is significantly lower given fast travel points.

Tagyhag

Are you downsampling? I've noticed some games seem to get darker when downsampled.

No and I assume it must be from some sort of post processing like SweetFX (I'm not using anything like that though) because I tried to take pictures of the problem with FRAPS and both pictures ended up looking the same.

It must be from the monitor or something because I didn't have anything like this from my older one. I just wish I knew it if was like a setting that I could turn off or it just comes with the monitor.

Could it be something to do with triple buffering? I have Vsync turned off on my games and just have triple buffering on through the Nvidia control panel.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I played Oxenfree straight through, and I really enjoyed it. The
time travel
aspects were kind of interesting, and the characters all had interesting back stories and were well voice acted.

I missed a few of the secrets and whatnot, but I'm pretty happy with how it all turned out. Took about 3.4 hours so it's not that long of a game.

It was a good "I'm waiting for Horizon / Zelda this week and didn't want to start anything too lengthy" game.

Bioware has a very steep hill to climb to regain my trust in them. Their Bioware RPG format is drifting far away from RPGs and becoming this weird action movie thing (as in there is action and a movie), completely losing why something like DAO or ME1 were so incredible as roleplaying games. Like, ME:A multiplayer is the biggest selling point for it right now, to me, which is messed up on several levels.

Bioware needs to look outside of themselves, to other RPGs. It is possible to make a mass market product that is still an RPG, and I don't doubt they have the talent to do it--they just don't want to. And that sucks.
You both have your opinion (which I disagree with), but don't try to act like there isn't a dogpile anytime Bioware is brought up.

Rag4vT99eBqGk.gif

Retrofluxed

I literally just told you I was a fan of Bioware, the "hate boner" came from me playing their last few games, I didn't "hate all things Bioware" because it was cool.

There are literally 2 threads in gaming right now dogpiling right now, but I guess its ok cause "they deserve it". Lets have another shit mountain OT, but for Andromeda. Lets call it Shit Crater.

Edit: Look, gun.gif 2.0 right above me. What's next? Some dead.gif in response in typical hot take shit posts?

There are literally 2 threads in gaming right now dogpiling right now, but I guess its ok cause "they deserve it". Lets have another shit mountain OT, but for Andromeda. Lets call it Shit Crater.
Well I don't know about that, you might want to PM Evilore for more info.

zkylon

zkylewd
pointless to argue over what other people post, whenever u want better content just provide it yourself. you don't have to go into those threads if u don't agree with them, what people post here in neogaf in the end doesn't really matter in the real world so if ppl like shitting on mass effect or whatever just let them do their thing, no point in getting upset about it

as for andromeda, i honestly don't think they have to do that much to get in people's good graces, me3 was actually a lot of fun to play and in its few moments of lucidness it was as good as the best moments in the series. they just need to unfuck it, forget about space galactic baby and martin sheen and all that fucking bullshit and just write a good story and make good characters

all that booster pack shit looks awesome and idk actually going back to exploring the galaxy sounds cool as hell

if ppl want to hate because hating on bioware is cool then that's their thing, shouldn't change how much u appreciate your game

i know this cos i like league of legends and ppl in this forum are fucking evil about that game lol

If I can find my old Bioware points maybe I can get the last of that ME2 dlc I never played. Wait, I have ME2 as a retail copy, I think I need to buy it again. Or maybe I can activate it.

fenners

I've won a couple of games in the past week, time to go through my bundle buys & see what doubles I ended up with, doh.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (fenners, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Broken Sword Trilogy -- MB-9BABF19407BC3039 - Taken by Jadax. 3 entrants total.
Doorways: Holy Mountains of Flesh -- MB-E7AA3AB612ED859C - Taken by Chairmanchuck. 2 entrants total.
Pix the Cat -- MB-C850DAF9D3CE1E9F - Taken by claytonlee101. 3 entrants total.
PixelJunk Nom Nom Galaxy- -- MB-F869AC16F3376F53 - Taken by crimsonheadGCN. 6 entrants total.
Tricky Towers -- MB-EC7E6F6D39334633 - Taken by rainking187. 4 entrants total.

t1488177277z1.png

I think PixelJunk's Nom Nom Galaxy turned out far better than it could have, even if it's not perfect, definitely worth a play if you like that genre.

Thanks for proving my point.

The persecution complex is real.

Bioware needs to look outside of themselves, to other RPGs. It is possible to make a mass market product that is still an RPG, and I don't doubt they have the talent to do it--they just don't want to. And that sucks.

I actually do doubt that they have the talent to do it. I also doubt that they have the humility to recognize mistakes in their games and to learn from others.

I remember when Inquisition came out some Bioware developer on Twitter was urging players to leave the Hinterlands and move further. Think about it. A developer straight up telling you that the content they made is not worth playing and is a waste of the player's time. I can guarantee you that same developer believes that Inquisition is game of the year material. You cannot learn from mistakes if you do not believe you have made mistakes.

Jawmuncher

Edit: Look, gun.gif 2.0 right above me. What's next? Some dead.gif in response in typical hot take shit posts?

It'll be alright.
Sometimes you just gotta take the lumps from the community. It does suck when it's games not even out, but it's the nature of the beast. I know in my case i'd rather be cynical and pleasantly surprised later than hopeful and disappointed. If ME:A is good, it'll be good and the reception months later will still be positive as well. If it's perhaps not that good, but only you like it. That's really all that matters at the end of the day.

Not implying ME:A will be of this quality or this divisive, but just using it as an example. I love RE6 but the majority of GAF aside from a handful, loathe it. I'll tell them why I like it. If they wanna listen they can, if not oh well. I can go back and enjoy the game I like not worrying about the constant thousands of posts telling me how shit the game is and how i'm not a RE fan for liking it. I kinda went off the rails a bit, but it still kinda fits in a general sense in this situation.

zkylon

zkylewd
idk you're being pretty speculative off ur imagination about this, it's pretty likely that very different teams work on dragon age and on mass effect :/

it's fine to give them flak cos honestly me3 is kind of unforgivable but it would be nice to have a conversation about mass effect that's a bit deeper than ridiculing them

Lomax

It's funny to me that any part of GAF still deludes themselves into thinking they are the target market for basically any big budget game.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I miss when AAA games used to be gamey instead of aiming all the time for cinematic experiences and realistic visual aesthetics. At least indies and some other teams can cover what I want in terms of variety and gamey aspects but meh I need some more AAA people besides Nintendo to pull more games like the old times.

200.gif

Jawmuncher

idk you're being pretty speculative off ur imagination about this, it's pretty likely that very different teams work on dragon age and on mass effect :/

it's fine to give them flak cos honestly me3 is kind of unforgivable but it would be nice to have a conversation about mass effect that's a bit deeper than ridiculing them

We can start by talking about how ME3 is forgivable then.
To this day I have never watched the extended endings, and I still am not very upset about the endings. I enjoyed the ride and that's what really mattered. ME3 had a lot of great moments, and I didn't mind the more linear approach it had. I prefer my ME as a shooter with lite RPG mechanics really.

About the only thing I wish ME3 had was the unused dialog for femshep being a mom when she's talking to anderson. That was some great stuff, they should've used.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDWpd9nCKws

I miss when AAA games used to be gamey instead of aiming all the time for cinematic experiences and realistic visual aesthetics. At least indies and some other teams can cover that aspect but meh.

Barely. Really depends on what you want. I know for me these groups aren't often pulling the things I really want. I don't blame them though. Most of AAA development isn't either.
The death of B tier games after the PS2 into the middle of the 360 gen was so saddening. Part of why i don't feel the need for any sort of graphical upgrades soon. Since it'll just balloon game development costs even more and just have AAA companies trying even harder for microtransactions and other things to get their money back.
Going back to the first point, I do think a big issue is that at the moment a lot of developers are more in the NES-SNES era for the indie side of things. We aren't really seeing much with a playstation/n64 influence. Just as an example, the fact that there hasn't been but like one of the top of my head classic survival horror title speaks volumes. I'm curious how things will be in the next 10 years where theres more of that generation of people who grew up with those consoles making indie games. I guess we'd also need easier 3D tools, since I know that's a big part of why 2D is so heavily seen.

Retrofluxed

The persecution complex is real.

I remember when Inquisition came out some Bioware developer on Twitter was urging players to leave the Hinterlands and move further. Think about it. A developer straight up telling you that the content they made is not worth playing and is a waste of the player's time. I can guarantee you that same developer believes that Inquisition is game of the year material. You cannot learn from mistakes if you do not believe you have made mistakes.

That's because Hinterlands was designed to have you come back at later levels to finish the area, but you could brute force completion of the zone, which overleveled you for the next couple of following areas. But, lets not get facts in the way of my persecution complex.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom