• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2017 - Giveaways are back

Status
Not open for further replies.
What would you call not being able to switch to whatever weapons you have collected overall whenever you want? MGS4 let you do that but in MGSV you can only carry a limited selection of weapons and otherwise have to call in a helicopter to drop supplies to change your loadout. What would you call not being able to change your camoflauge whenever you want however you want like in 3/not being able to change your camo depending on the environment you're touching like in 4? Where did those gameplay mechanics go? Or what about finding, managing, and using rations and other healing items to bring back lost health? Or being able to use the codec to talk to whoever you wanted that you could call whenever you pleased?

I'm sorry if this comes off as somewhat blunt/rude, but I REALLY hate MGSV. It was the biggest disappointment of 2015 for me and didn't feel like a Metal Gear game. Its too limiting in ways that it shouldn't be, and its lacking in things that it should. Not having to scavenge for and conserve rations means that the game rewards you for not being stealthy, as all you need to do is stay out of fire for a short period of time before you can go back into the fray. There's less incentive to take a stealth path. In addition, the lack of free codec calls means the game feels more lonely and quiet. You also get significantly less information about your environments, the people and enemies you interact with, etc than you did before. Codec calls during boss fights gave huge amounts of data about the person you're fighting before, and all that is gone. There's less character of a focus on the characters and world because of this, basically. It was also just fun being able to experiment with the variety of weapons at your disposal. Granted, MGSV still gives you a decent number of weapons per mission, but its still less and not as free as MGS4's. Playing around with and figuring out what weapons you like is no longer nearly as viable as it was a thing to do, taking away from the player's control and freedom of all things. And MGSV was open world. It was supposed to be a game that gave the player more freedom than ever, but it felt like you were given less rather than more in my opinion because of these reasons I presented.
I can completely understand being disappointed with the game (I wanted more from the story myself) but while there are mechanics that either disappointed you or were taken out, there are plenty more that were added/improved:

- Weapon customization
- All of mother base
- Invasions/defending invasions from other players
- Buddies
- Actually having good controls
- Fultoning
- Mission Selection
- You can actually have multiple approaches to missions
etc..

Nillansan

Can we use a bit of common sense now?

Sure.

G2A has enough bad reputation already. It would be literal bussiness suicide to say that they worked together with the developers to make this bundle and then all be a lie. And it's a bundle made by the makers of G2A, not random sellers, so there should be no stolen cards involved.

G2A have previously committed what would in many other instances be considered acts that could end a business. Even if this bundle is slapped together without consent from the developers, I believe they will be fine as their main stream of revenue probably stems from the community driven shit hole they are facilitating.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I'll pay $12 for Superhot and 7 other games when it's on a Humble Monthly

r3n4ud

I might do a giveaway soon. Depends.
Gwb7pPa.jpg

Lomax

So we have a case here of a "bundle" of one game that isn't even for sale any more, and two games that haven't ever been in a bundle, or even on sale anywhere near as cheap as the total bundle price. Now that wouldn't be completely unheard of, but to just happen on a site that is already known for widely employing what are at best sketchy business tactics raises a ton of red flags. A site that has never had any sort of bundle previously either. If it's somehow completely legit, the twitters and whatnot of the related games will comment soon enough, at which point we can all run out and buy it without guilt. But it's just as likely that even if it's legal, it's a very gray bundle done with secondhand (or even thirdhand) keys that certainly isn't benefiting anyone but g2a.

BY2K

Membero Americo
So I'm gonna have to send tickets soon because I tried a bunch of times to buy FFXIV, but every time I tried it kept getting stuck on "Pending", so I cancelled them, until I realized my credit card was still charged every time but I never actually got the game.

I just have no fucking clue where to send tickets from. I've been going around in circles in the Steam Support page getting nowhere.

Anybody can tell me how?

Jawmuncher

So I'm gonna have to send tickets soon because I tried a bunch of times to buy FFXIV, but every time I tried it kept getting stuck on "Pending", so I cancelled them, until I realized my credit card was still charged every time but I never actually got the game.

I just have no fucking clue where to send tickets from. I've been going around in circles in the Steam Support page getting nowhere.

Anybody can tell me how?

You'll need to still go through support with your support account which is separate from your steam account. It's kind of a pain. But for stuff like this, they should message you back soon.

https://help.steampowered.com/en/

yes and I am waiting for the banned footage dlc

also how do you know the other DLC isn't timed?

Trust me, i'm a doctor

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

Anybody can tell me how?

Valve more or less retired the ticket system shortly after No Man's Sky launched, I assume because it got sick of people with a playtime north of two hours requesting refunds. The option to contact Steam Support directly now appears only in certain contexts, such as Steam Client crashes. I've had success with the tickets I've submitted over the past ~five months via said page -- I just apologise for the ticket not aligning with the topic the form is attached to and then get to the nitty-gritty. For instance, most recently, Mr. Toby confirmed my suspicion that Nathaniel Blue misspoke at Steam Dev Days 2014 and an active account is in fact one that owns a game and has been online in the past 90 days rather than one that owns a game or has been online in the past 90 days. I mean, I'd argue that 90 days is too generous, but it is nice knowing that the account I lost access to over a decade ago isn't considered active simply because I registered a Half-Life Platinum key.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Finished RE7. It was pretty great actually!

Can't wait for the free DLC in Spring.

How long did it take? HLTB says about 7.5 hours, was thinking of playing it start to finish tomorrow.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Ugh I have to wait for the payment to actually appear on my credit card first before I can send any info to Steam Support anyway...

This is gonna be a long weekend.

BY2K

Membero Americo
You sure it's not just an authorisation hold? Should drop off automatically after a few days

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Authorization_hold

Purchases on Steam I do with my credit card usually get authorize immediately. This is literally the first time I've ever had a Steam purchase put "Pending" since I've been using it since 2008.

And I've never changed Credit Card (unless it expired, of course, but it's still the same card.)

Dinjoralo

I uh... May have double posted by accident? I can't tell.

Welp, I bought Atelier, because then actually fixing things and listening to feedback is like a huge leap forward.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
My final time was just under 8 hours but I leave my game running a lot in the background. Probably closer to like 6.5 to 7.

are you going by the game's timer at the end or steam's? because the game's doesnt count deaths like a jrpg for example.

Tellaerin

For instance, most recently, Mr. Toby confirmed my suspicion that Nathaniel Blue misspoke at Steam Dev Days 2014 and an active account is in fact one that owns a game and has been online in the past 90 days rather than one that owns a game or has been online in the past 90 days. I mean, I'd argue that 90 days is too generous, but it is nice knowing that the account I lost access to over a decade ago isn't considered active simply because I registered a Half-Life Platinum key.

What happens when an account is flagged as inactive?

(I'm sitting here fretting now about what might happen if something ever happened that kept me from logging onto Steam for a few months. I wouldn't want to come out of the hospital after an injury to find my library evaporated or something. ^^; )

Coldsun

Banned
What happens when an account is flagged as inactive?

(I'm sitting here fretting now about what might happen if something ever happened that kept me from logging onto Steam for a few months. I wouldn't want to come out of the hospital after an injury to find my library evaporated or something. ^^; )

Nothing happens to your account. Steam just doesn't consider it active in their usage reports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom