• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2017 - Giveaways are back

Status
Not open for further replies.
oh well. Should I grind out to learn these esper spells or continue on normally? I remember ppl saying not to grind until later (or is this the later?) but guides are saying its better to get all the spells before moving on, which is it?

That is for min/maxing. There is an enemy you can fight that gives no exp so you can get all the spells. Then you only use the espers that give level up bonuses to boost stats.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
That is for min/maxing. There is an enemy you can fight that gives no exp so you can get all the spells. Then you only use the espers that give level up bonuses to boost stats.

meh ill just carry on

I love how Bandais 60fps focus benefits PC and consoles :) playing Berseria in 60fps feels great and Naruto too.

I wish everyone could be more like Bandai

BiggNife

CD Keys isn't affiliated with any publishers; it sells keys taken from physical stock purchased in bulk. That's not to say the keys are fraudulently obtained, but it does mean that CD Keys isn't an authorised distributor of the products it offers, which is generally the detail people are after when they ask if the site is legitimate.

Okay, fair. My point is that they buy the keys themselves and you are dealing with them directly, which is quite a bit different than G2A's model of having third-party sellers.

I've never heard of a case of people getting bad keys from cdkeys whereas I've heard plenty from G2A.

ModBot said:
Instructions for The Dear Leader:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Star Wars Battlefront II -- MB-C5EB3B1059410BE1 - Taken by Hero Prinny. 1 entrants total.
Star Wars Jedi Knight II Jedi Outcast -- MB-CF58938B83DF864F - Taken by Genki. 2 entrants total.
Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic -- MB-9D3B169E0CC2DC40 - Taken by someguyinahat. 2 entrants total.
Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords -- MB-78529C61617FFA55 - Taken by PaulSane. 3 entrants total.
Star Wars The Force Unleashed Ultimate Sith Edition -- MB-FFD3CE3A17B81548 - Taken by Adnor. 6 entrants total.

t1486867767z1.png

Take these video games, you will.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
oh well. Should I grind out to learn these esper spells or continue on normally? I remember ppl saying not to grind until later (or is this the later?) but guides are saying its better to get all the spells before moving on, which is it?

You'll find espers with better "learn rates" for the same spells later, so the farther you can get in the game without grinding them on ever character, the better. Usually it's best to equip each character with one until they all learn all the spells, then rotate them around as needed.

neonglow

Had an extra key.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (neonglow, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

KWAAN -- MB-6AB90479A33E9B4E - Taken by Sarcasm. 2 entrants total.

t1486869118z1.png

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Wait what!?

How come I didnt hear of this :eek:!

Bundlefest? they just announced it today. They did it last year too, I remember there was some good bundles during it, a lot of it was bundle repeats tho.

Bundlefest? they just announced it today. They did it last year too, I remember there was some good bundles during it, a lot of it was bundle repeats tho.

yeah...it's mostly past bundles being brought back for a limited time with maybe a couple new bundles thrown in

maybe this year will be different...guess we'll see next week

Rhaknar

yeah...it's mostly past bundles being brought back for a limited time with maybe a couple new bundles thrown in

maybe this year will be different...guess we'll see next week

I just said that Nyte! :p

has Momodora: Reverie always been 9.99 or did it get a price drop? I could sware it was one of the games in my "that game is twice what it should be" list, but I wouldnt say that if it was 9.99

I was suprised Atelier Sophie had no trading cards and now just noticed none of Tecmos games have cards. They're missing out on some extra cash there!

Jawmuncher

BasilZero

Oh, I guess the email goes out tomorrow.

Nice, I think I got most of the bundle stars bundles so.....who knows if there's anything for me lol.

Anyways, I just beat The Stanley Parable. I liked the humor and the Narrator was awesome as a character.

Though not really my type of game as far as gameplay is concerned and also too short.

I gave it a 74 out of 100.

I dunno what would get them to realize that.
DOA cards alone would get them even more money.

EDiT:
I made a thread asking for cards. The more posts in there the better. This seemed to work for MGSV when I begged for cards.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/527270/discussions/0/133256959374057594/

I just +1'd it!

Lomax

I remember starting as normal and then using that difficulty setting you're talking about until now. It gets pretty easy once you start getting gear.

you need to farm

It's like the third mission in the entire game, there's nothing to farm... I think it's just only having two people it's so devastating when one dies the other gets quickly overwhelmed. I'll switch to normal until I have a bit of a team and some gear and then switch it back to the harder one.

Rhaknar

Groupees is a publisher now? This Fast and Curious has their logo on startup.

Its also pretty shit.

Ozium

I beat RYSE and it was pretty fun tbqh, the whole execution system and not even having to hit the correct button is pretty lame, but I was shocked to find that the combat system actually does involve having to time things correctly in order to do well, this is more noticeable against the bosses and later enemies..

the story is fucking stupid as shit though:

when did the britons invade rome? who the fuck is king oswald? why does boudica have war elephants?

wtf the historical inaccuracies triggered the fuck out of me

I beat RYSE and it was pretty fun tbqh, the whole execution system and not even having to hit the correct button is pretty lame, but I was shocked to find that the combat system actually does involve having to time things correctly in order to do well, this is more noticeable against the bosses and later enemies..

when did the britons invade rome? who the fuck is king oswald? why does boudica have war elephants?

dem visuals tho, I actually liked it pretty well also, it's a good romp for about $10-$20.

Tizoc

All you people who liked Ryse should play Killer is Dead at least.

Y'all are falling into the trap that you'll excuse a game's uninspired content just because of fancy graphics. Though I digress; I find that Ryse would've been a far better game if it were Telltale like than trying to be a Lite Action hack n' slash.

Corpekata

Banned
All you people who liked Ryse should play Killer is Dead at least.

Y'all are falling into the trap that you'll excuse a game's uninspired content just because of fancy graphics. Though I digress; I find that Ryse would've been a far better game if it were Telltale like than trying to be a Lite Action hack n' slash.

I mean, it's the same with Killer is Dead. Game is only notable for the visuals too, just in a different direction.

Tellaerin

Just file it under "alternate history fic" in the mental rolodex and try not to stress about it, brah.

Rhaknar

Just file it under "alternate history fic" in the mental rolodex and try not to stress about it, brah.

I havent played it in ages but doesnt the game have straight up magic, or deities?

Tizoc

I mean, it's the same with Killer is Dead. Game is only notable for the visuals too, just in a different direction.

Killer is Dead is shorter for one thing. The combat at least offers some challenge despite its simplicity, and I'll take going all Kenshiro with a sword on mooks (dodge counter) any day.
In addition the game offers challenge missions that mix up the game a little, and has Liam O'brien as a gold loincloth body builder who wants to take over the world from his home base on the moon.

Tellaerin

I havent played it in ages but doesnt the game have straight up magic, or deities?

I haven't played it myself, but if that's the case, historical accuracy's the last thing anybody should be expecting. It's kind of like stressing because Street Fighter's not an accurate depiction of martial arts.

Rhaknar

Yup I thought so. Ryse spoilers:

In the end, Marius sacrifices himself to buy time for the final ships to sail, but is resurrected by the goddess Summer, who tasks him with taking on the mantle of Damocles, a legendary Roman general who was abandoned to his enemies for political expediency. In that guise, Summer tells him to avenge his family and comrades, and save Rome.

Also

As Marius gives chase, he is temporarily distracted by Aquilo, the god of the north wind, who has been aiding Nero and whose stated goal is to cause the collapse of Rome.

Not to mention the game is officially straight up a alternate version of Rome.

Tall4Life

Yup I thought so. Ryse spoilers:

In the end, Marius sacrifices himself to buy time for the final ships to sail, but is resurrected by the goddess Summer, who tasks him with taking on the mantle of Damocles, a legendary Roman general who was abandoned to his enemies for political expediency. In that guise, Summer tells him to avenge his family and comrades, and save Rome.

Also

As Marius gives chase, he is temporarily distracted by Aquilo, the god of the north wind, who has been aiding Nero and whose stated goal is to cause the collapse of Rome.

Not to mention the game is officially straight up a alternate version of Rome.

Did you just confirm that Ryse is the favorite game of the Trump administration? Big if true

Rhaknar

and it today's "why is this game so fun?" news, FootLOL is shockingly good?

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:

w5Bqht8.png

Mystery Gift -- MB-D9FADDD12F535CAC - Taken by Rockin' Ranger

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:

Vd1j7n6.png

Mystery Gift -- MB-94E04E06D64EF9BF - Taken by Anteater

Anteater

estelle seems to have the highest def in tits, maybe i should just make her a tank, too lazy to reorganize those orbments tho :(

that mystery gift was dirt 3, take it anons

2TNA9-7N8FW-J56HX

ModBot Basics:

w5Bqht8.png

Mystery Gift -- MB-D9FADDD12F535CAC - Taken by Rockin' Ranger

Mystery Gift was Minion Masters
ModBot said:
Instructions for Rockin' Ranger:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Rockin' Ranger, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Minion Masters -- MB-D9FADDD12F535CAC

ModBot said:
Instructions for Rockin' Ranger:

I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Rockin' Ranger, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Day of the Tentacle Remasters -- MB-05319FE662192F6B - Taken by skny
Victor Vran -- MB-D3B99BAD74307C49 - Taken by Sarcasm

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Error: The key you tried to add for Minion Masters failed because it was already in ModBot from another user. If you wish to re-gift a key, please read the help thread under 'I accidentally took a key I didn't want' and follow those instructions before re-adding.

Rhaknar

estelle seems to have the highest def in tits, maybe i should just make her a tank, too lazy to reorganize those orbments tho :(

that mystery gift was dirt 3, take it anons

2TNA9-7N8FW-J56HX

I understand you meant "highest defense in Trails in the Sky".

But my first thought was "highest definition in tits" and wondered "is that a Atelier character? Theres no Estelle in Azure..."

:(

Lewd

dex3108

Sorry for the late reply. I am well aware that salaries vary drastically across Europe, I am sorry to hear that you are severely hit by unreasonable regional pricing. This is a game that was recently priced at 10 euro, which was it's historically lowest pricing point. I find it highly unlikely that the developers gave their consent to have their game de-valued in such a drastic manner, especially given that the game has already sold pretty well. Why would the developers green-light a fire sale at this point?

Games development is already a fairly volatile business endeavor especially within the indie scene. If you want to buy it at a deep discount, why not wait for it appear in a Humble Bundle, which we all know it eventually will? Many developers have been pretty outspoken about how damaging G2A's practices are. Developers got to eat too.

Well I did it for few reasons. First this big amount of keys is not easy to get and game wasn't in any bundle before so there is good chance that they got keys from developer (under what conditions nobody knows). Second thing is devs stayed silent after people asked them, if there is some kind of fraud they would speak for sure. And third thing is game was released year ago and game was sold in over 350K copies so they got majority if not all money they invested in game back. As I said before I really try to support devs as much as I can by using legit stores but now and then I will take a deal from shady site (and that happens once or twice per year, sometimes once per 2 years).

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of an anonymous benefactor, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Turnover -- MB-CB02F0FBBC587AAD - Taken by White Wolf. 12 entrants total.

t1486929754z1.png

Ludens

Banned
Mobius FF is garbage. The only positive thing is, for now, you don't actually need to pay in order to proceed with the story.
Also G2A are scummy as usual, I trusted them to be legit but probably they just bought a batch of keys from Indiegala and sold them back to the players (and both Syberia games plus Dirt 3 were given for free in multiple istances).

Deques

I failed you anti-g2a-gaffers, I bought the bundle despite saying that I wouldn't

Btw, how many of you are playing Fire Emblem Heroes?

So I bought sir you are being hunted. I had played a few hours of it a couple years ago, but I dove in at 4 bucks; I wasn't expecting a ton from a 20 dollar title. But damn, that game is just... barren. Every biome was just boring. Well I only went to 3-4 of them before sending in for a refund.

I am surprised how the game has such high review rating. Is this a good game and I am just missing it's brilliance? I've played a ton of games like it... just seems so... empty and lifeless.

kagamin

So I bought sir you are being hunted. I had played a few hours of it a couple years ago, but I dove in at 4 bucks; I wasn't expecting a ton from a 20 dollar title. But damn, that game is just... barren. Every biome was just boring. Well I only went to 3-4 of them before sending in for a refund.

I am surprised how the game has such high review rating. Is this a good game and I am just missing it's brilliance? I've played a ton of games like it... just seems so... empty and lifeless.

I enjoyed it a lot in Multiplayer honestly, it's great fun.

Vuze

I forgot how this worked. I have a bunch of dupe Steam keys for games I already own on my account. If I try to activate them on said account and Steam tells me I already own the game, the key is still valid right?
Basically the dupe key message would show up instead of the already owned message if the key was already used?

Cheers!

Orgen

Apparently I screwed up and ended up winning 2 Syberia games, sorry. Besides I'm trying to do a giveaway but I screwed up again with ModBot and now I'm unable to complete one.

Anyway, if anyone wants a Syberia code just let me know by PM and I'll give it to you.

Sorry again everyone :|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom