• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2017 - Giveaways are back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yakkue

I'd take this opportunity if you would be so kind.

Here are the games I have currently installed, Not ready for the commitment of a Final Fantasy game (not pictured, other category) or another game that is equally long. Looking for 1-4 games that are <6-8 hours.

choose4mehmsm4.png

Costume Quest is about 6 hours long and lots of fun. Haven't played the new Momodora game yet, but I heard it's really good and about 5-6 hours long. I'd also heartily recommend Octodad, which should be about 3 hours long.

Knurek

I own them both...but since I own 7, I'm'a play 7.
Some of the changes in the 3ds port make no sense and actively rob you of fun while playing the game. The change to visible enemy encounters actually results in you fighting *more* of them, like every third step in most of the dungeons. The viginettes are even less interesting than dq6 were and I thought that was impossible. Also, the whole second disc part just screams of padding. Not something you want to see after 45+ hours of the main game, which also consists of a lot of busy work and fetch quests.
I'm just saying it might put you off of Dragon Quest permanently.

Some of the changes in the 3ds port make no sense and actively rob you of fun while playing the game. The change to visible enemy encounters actually results in you fighting *more* of them, like every third step in most of the dungeons. The viginettes are even less interesting than dq6 were and I thought that was impossible. Also, the whole second disc part just screams of padding. Not something you want to see after 45+ hours of the main game, which also consists of a lot of busy work and fetch quests.
I'm just saying it might put you off of Dragon Quest permanently.

I've already encountered the three-step enemy encounters (leaving the mine, for example.) And yeah, it's annoying, but I've seen worse.

And having played DQIX and the two DQM Joker games, I'm not about to let one weaker game put me off the series.

Here are the games I have currently installed, Not ready for the commitment of a Final Fantasy game (not pictured, other category) or another game that is equally long. Looking for 1-4 games that are <6-8 hours.

choose4mehmsm4.png

I'll echo Costume Quest being a fun and short rpg.
RE4 is one of the best games ever but you're looking at around 12 hours.
I know you want short games but I really have to recommend Shadowrun Dragonfall, it's fantastic and should take you around 20 hours.

Knurek

Having Atelier on PC is so good. I haven't played a single-player game this much in a long time.

I'm looking forward to Humble Atelier Bundle in 2020. $1 for Sophie and Iris, BTA for Iris 2-3 and Mana Khemia 1-2, $25 for Arland and Dusk trilogies. Steam or DRM free, your choice.

Tizoc

choose4mehmsm4.png
Hrll yeah
To the moon
Costume quest 1 and 2

These arent very long games so play those first if u could

choose4mehmsm4.png

Chroma Squad + Momodora.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Reposting for new page.

Anyone use the Mass Effect mods in XCOM 2?

I have them subscribed, loaded them in the mod menu before the game but don't know how to add them in game? I've just done the mission after the tutorial mission.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
Reposting for new page.

I have them subscribed, loaded them in the mod menu before the game but don't know how to add them in game? I've just done the mission after the tutorial mission.

If they're just characters, I believe they show up in your character pool so you can recruit them as rookies. At least that's how it worked with the one custom character I made.

Jawmuncher

don't do that, the fun of the XCOM games is the sense of danger and difficulty.

Nah he can play on easy. Even the devs said that mode is harder than it should be. More or less easy is normal, normal is hard, and it just goes up from there.

There was a thread awhile back about the game beating ass on people who were playing easy still.

Ludens

Banned
don't do that, the fun of the XCOM games is the sense of danger and difficulty.

I don't like danger anymore, expecially considering I can't manage to proper finish a full game anymore :D
I remember two weeks ago I started Pillars exp and it's still here, 10 minutes from where I left it.

Xanathus

Apparently I spent 1.5 hours in the 1st mission of Dishonored 2, exploring the entire map and picking up everything ¯\_(&#12484;)_/¯

You have to make them in the character pool on the main menu. I haven't actually checked if the mods add an importable character for each one.

Madn

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Madn, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

DiRT 3 Complete Edition -- MB-C0A9C942BC15D10B - Taken by skny

chronomac

choose4mehmsm4.png
I really liked Refunct and it's like 1 or 2 hours long. So you can knock that and To the Moon out quickly.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
The answer to the first question should be yes. See:

The answer is "No" as the preceding sentence makes it clear that he's asking if "Product already owned" means the keys are not dupes. "Valid" wasn't the best word choice, but he explained himself thoroughly enough to convey the intended meaning.

Wok

The answer is "No" as the preceding sentence makes it clear that he's asking if "Product already owned" means the keys are not dupes. "Valid" wasn't the best word choice, but he explained himself thoroughly enough to convey the intended meaning.

Wow. You read into people's minds, through their posts, better than I do. &#128373;&#128270;

choose4mehmsm4.png

VA-11 HALL-A is the best indie of last year and around 7 hours, so that.

gngf123

choose4mehmsm4.png

Momodora and VA-11 HALL-A

You also have Refunct which you can beat in half an hour

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of an anonymous benefactor, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Turnover -- MB-CB02F0FBBC587AAD - Taken by White Wolf. 12 entrants total.

t1486929754z1.png

Ladekabel

Play to the moon, it's short

Costume Quest is fairly short if I recall correctly, but a lot of fun.

Costume Quest is about 6 hours long and lots of fun. Haven't played the new Momodora game yet, but I heard it's really good and about 5-6 hours long. I'd also heartily recommend Octodad, which should be about 3 hours long.

I'll echo Costume Quest being a fun and short rpg.
RE4 is one of the best games ever but you're looking at around 12 hours.
I know you want short games but I really have to recommend Shadowrun Dragonfall, it's fantastic and should take you around 20 hours.

Hrll yeah
To the moon
Costume quest 1 and 2

These arent very long games so play those first if u could

Chroma Squad + Momodora.

I really liked Refunct and it's like 1 or 2 hours long. So you can knock that and To the Moon out quickly.

VA-11 HALL-A is the best indie of last year and around 7 hours, so that.

Momodora and VA-11 HALL-A

You also have Refunct which you can beat in half an hour

Thanks for the recommendations.

Already beat Refunct today. Costume Quests I wanted to wait until October to play because it is the Spooky (is it still cool to say Spoopy?) Month but might play it earlier. Haven't decided on that yet.

Probably going to play: To the Moon, VA-11-HALL-A, Hell Yeah and might give Momodora another chance.

Thanks everyone!

Ludens

Banned
So I assume this is the new design for the mecha scorpion in FFVIIRemake, since the Mobius event is in collaboration with VIIR and not vanilla VII.
fQooSbV.jpg

Ludens

Banned
It was shown in a that one gameplay trailer.

latest

Oh...
Anyway this is a little review based on the 15 hours (sic) I played Mobius Final Fantasy.
First, the most important thing, there are no pay walls in the game: you can access everything simply playing, you won't be forced to stop playing because, let's say, you run out of something (you can run out of stamina, but it gets refilled in refular times when you do dungeons or you can use an elixir).
The gameplay is pretty much this: choose a job and beat the game. Useless to say, the game is VERY repetitive and the fact you can select autobattle and the ai will do everything never failing is a fun-killer.
To access new jobs you need to use summon tickets, which are achieved by playing (they are very rare anyway) or with magicite (you get 100 per day,500 of it equals to one summon ticket), a currency you can buy. The trick is, jobs are totally random.
The plot is...useless. In 15 hours I only played the first part of the game and the FFVIIR event, just to see if there was some cool cutscenes, but the story is basically "you and other dudes can be the next warrior of light, keep going to discover the truth".

My advice is to not play this game, at least not on Pc. This is an ok-ish time killer when you are on the train going home, you are waiting for the doctor to visit you, but investing real time on it...not worth at all in my opinion.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Firstly, congrats to those that won Red Haze. There were more entrants than I expected for the fact the giveaway was only posted once, I forgot to schedule it reposting it. Oh well.

Secondly, I just had one of the fastest Foil sells I've ever... Well, had. I put a foil card on the market yesterday, it sold today. At that, the foil sold at $3.48, so not bad at all!

Reposting for new page.

you have to select them in the launch screen

Jawmuncher

Firstly, congrats to those that won Red Haze. There were more entrants than I expected for the fact the giveaway was only posted once, I forgot to schedule it reposting it. Oh well.

Secondly, I just had one of the fastest Foil sells I've ever... Well, had. I put a foil card on the market yesterday, it sold today. At that, the foil sold at $3.48, so not bad at all!

You need to be working on the game so I can buy it.
You don't have time for GAF

Volimar

Oh...
Anyway this is a little review based on the 15 hours (sic) I played Mobius Final Fantasy.
First, the most important thing, there are no pay walls in the game: you can access everything simply playing, you won't be forced to stop playing because, let's say, you run out of something (you can run out of stamina, but it gets refilled in refular times when you do dungeons or you can use an elixir).
The gameplay is pretty much this: choose a job and beat the game. Useless to say, the game is VERY repetitive and the fact you can select autobattle and the ai will do everything never failing is a fun-killer.
To access new jobs you need to use summon tickets, which are achieved by playing (they are very rare anyway) or with magicite (you get 100 per day,500 of it equals to one summon ticket), a currency you can buy. The trick is, jobs are totally random.
The plot is...useless. In 15 hours I only played the first part of the game and the FFVIIR event, just to see if there was some cool cutscenes, but the story is basically "you and other dudes can be the next warrior of light, keep going to discover the truth".

My advice is to not play this game, at least not on Pc. This is an ok-ish time killer when you are on the train going home, you are waiting for the doctor to visit you, but investing real time on it...not worth at all in my opinion.

I'm actually kind of addicted at the moment. Unfortunately I've reached the point where stamina doesn't last as long as it used to, making play sessions very short. It is very repetitive and the plot makes zero sense. I'm hoping it's just a problem with translation and that it isn't that way for people worldwide. I've played 38 hours and I'm getting ready for my white mage to digivolve to its final form.

Oh, and playing right now during the FF 7 remake event nets you loads of login gifts.

Oh, and bomb bosses are assholes.

Mivey

Wtf Zestiria, why is Symonne looking like a 12 year old and then wearing something like that :/
Technically the Seraphim are immortal beings, so she could very well be 9000 years old. Oh, and as a bonus they turn into dragons if they get corrupted with "malevolence".

FLD

Wrapped up Zestiria last night. I ended up really enjoying it, more than I expected considering how poorly it seemed to have been received. Really looking forward to eventually playing Berseria but I'll wait until I can get it for 20 bucks or so.

In the meantime, I should go back to finish Disgaea 2. But, on the other hand...

R0Y5I6n.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom