• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2017 - Giveaways are back

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I forgot how this worked. I have a bunch of dupe Steam keys for games I already own on my account. If I try to activate them on said account and Steam tells me I already own the game, the key is still valid right?
Basically the dupe key message would show up instead of the already owned message if the key was already used?

Nope. "Product already owned" is above "Duplicate product code" in the error message hierarchy.

Anteater

I understand you meant "highest defense in Trails in the Sky".

But my first thought was "highest definition in tits" and wondered "is that a Atelier character? Theres no Estelle in Azure..."

:(

Lewd

man I wanna start Azure, I think I'll like it, but this last dungeon in tits is taking forever

Wok

I forgot how this worked. I have a bunch of dupe Steam keys for games I already own on my account. If I try to activate them on said account and Steam tells me I already own the game, the key is still valid right?
Basically the dupe key message would show up instead of the already owned message if the key was already used?

Nope. "Product already owned" is above "Duplicate product code" in the error message hierarchy.

I was confused because I did not know to which of the two questions you were replying.

I imagine it is the second one.

Sarcasm

Replaying Metro 2033 as I got the redux bundle sometime ago. I just found something I didn't before...

I just found the Tihar (pneumatic air gun). I am playing on Survival Ranger Hardcore. Now I think you can only hold two guns. It replaced the handgun, while I have the double barrel shotgun in the other. Thing is I didn't find any ammo near where I got it.
Should I dump it and take my handgun back?

Parsnip

The sad thing about the recent Valve round table discussion and all the tidbits that came out of it is that none of it was interesting to me.
And I'm not just talking about the obvious lack of HL3, it's more that I'm not all in on VR and play none of their MP games.

Valve has abandoned me.
Ack :v
Damn you Valve.
Just make a giveaway with a "keys may not work" disclaimer or something.

Ludens

Banned
I just hope their VR games can be played as "normal" titles too, I find stupid for Valve to release their "true" games after all this time and they are tied to a 1000 dollars platform.
I find them also to be hypocrite about the CSGO gambling thing, saying "there's no data to support it", because gambling was a big thing on CSGO before that stuff with those youtubers happened and Valve decided to move to pair their ass.
Those sites would still be there if nothing happened.

Tizoc

There sure is a lot of shooting to do in watch_dogs main missions heh
I rarely go stealth and just steaight up grenade launcher or use the golden gun for 1 hit kills

Damn, that Gamersgate anniversary sale is awesome, great discounts + regional pricing, my new favorite steam keys store. Currently -79% off for Tales of Zestiria and Tales of Symphonia, -52% for Dishonored 2 and -77% for Batman: Arkham Knight Premium Edition. Personally bought Tales games, Dishonored deal is very tempting but i still need to finish Far Cry Primal and didn't played X-COM 2, so i guess i'll wait again

Axass

Impressions on Lumino City, a game I won from a giveaway made by maty (thanks again).

header.jpg

A quirky, puzzle-oriented adventure game, very straightforward, with each area self-contained: perfect for beginners. The selling point of the title is the cardboard setting, which was hand-made, filmed and digitized; this means that everything is in scale and has a coherent placement, so much that you can actually see your route and progress around the city in the panoramic title screen. The plot is barebones and after the initial incident that puts things into motion, doesn't really come into play again until the end. The charm of the game comes from navigating the weird environments, meeting the crazy characters and solving the, albeit mostly easy, puzzles. It's short and to the point, but sometimes frustrating due to the lack of control: you can see it was built for smartphones, as the movement options are very limited and the game oft unresponsive to your clicks.

Some images showing how the game was made:

Got through the second ending of SMT IV Apocalypse. Man, the final boss was much more of a pushover the second time around. Now, back to Steam games!

*looks over at Dragon Quest VII*

Well shit.

Ascheroth

FF15 Survey. https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/JHJGC96

I filled it even though I haven't played the game, and when they asked why I don't own it, I said it's not on Steam.
Also, they are asking what is your favorite SE franchise. How am I supposed to pick just one from Mana, Chrono etc. Impossible.

Just did the same thing.
Two things I noticed:
- My country wasn't even listed in the selection <.<
- Apparently I'm really out of touch with the 'mainstream', because I couldn't check a single box at the "what recent console/PC games are you playing currently", and even if the question were "what recent console/PC games have you played" I'd still only be able to check one (Stardew Valley), haha

Ladekabel

If you just knocked it off-base you shouldn't need a new one at all. A pic would probably be best.

I have to try later but I don't think I can put it in the holes and make it secure.

Edit.: Everything works fine now. Don't know what did it though.

You don't play Ys for cheeovs or the names given to the cheevos.
You play it for that glorious Falcom Action RPG goodness.

Talk for yourself. I only play Falcom games for the name of their achievements.

BasilZero

FF15 Survey. https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/JHJGC96

I filled it even though I haven't played the game, and when they asked why I don't own it, I said it's not on Steam.
Also, they are asking what is your favorite SE franchise. How am I supposed to pick just one from Mana, Chrono etc. Impossible.

I took the survey last night.

I asked for FFXV, Episode Duscae Demo, Platinum Demo and Moogle Chocobo Carnvial to be released on Steam.

I also said Season pass/DLC (not just in FFXV but in general for all games) should be included in the game without extra charge.

Also mentioned that the story progression for FFXV is worse than previous FF games.

Ludens

Banned
I took the survey last night.

I asked for FFXV, Episode Duscae Demo, Platinum Demo and Moogle Chocobo Carnvial to be released on Steam.

I also said Season pass/DLC (not just in FFXV but in general for all games) should be included in the game without extra charge.

Also mentioned that the story progression for FFXV is worse than previous FF games.

I told in the survey asking money for cut content (because yeah, there are plot CRATERS in this game) in the form of season pass is very scummy, expecially for a ten-years-in-the-making game.

I find them also to be hypocrite about the CSGO gambling thing, saying "there's no data to support it", because gambling was a big thing on CSGO before that stuff with those youtubers happened and Valve decided to move to pair their ass.
Those sites would still be there if nothing happened.
The there's no data to support it is also a lie as all the CSGO case prices in my inventory completely tanked once they took out the gambling. They must have noticed a significant decline in revenue and transactions.

PARANO1A

I told in the survey asking money for cut content (because yeah, there are plot CRATERS in this game) in the form of season pass is very scummy, expecially for a ten-years-in-the-making game.
I responded that I'll buy the game when it's out on steam and priced the same as the PS4 version. If you make me wait a year and release for full price when the PS4 version is available for 20 bucks, I'll wait for a sale. The longer you wait the less I'll pay.

Which imo is reasonable, and a promise rather than a threat.

Finished up D4. There was a bit of filler, with insta fail quiz missions. The controls weren't ideal but it was a very memorable game. The art and characters really carried it. I hope they make another season really. It has got me in the mood to return to Deadly Premonition or something else whimsy like

Wish I'd forced some AA because the game really suffers from jaggies.

sheaaaa

55 hours in and all four main pasts killed in Enter The Gungeon. What a fucking game! And still so much more to do. Can't wait for paid DLC.

I'm in one of those funks where I don't know what game I want to play

Same here.

1,700 games on Steam, 70 of them currently installed.

But I'm more uninterested than anything else. I tend to stick to CSGO since that's the best game ever, and all other games suck because they're casual, easy and boring.

Ludens

Banned
I responded that I'll buy the game when it's out on steam and priced the same as the PS4 version. If you make me wait a year and release for full price when the PS4 version is available for 20 bucks, I'll wait for a sale. The longer you wait the less I'll pay.

Which imo is reasonable, and a promise rather than a threat.

Well, considering the game was available for pre-order for 40€ here in Italy (some retailers even provided a 30€ preorder against the usual 70€ we have with console games), it would be absurd for SE to propose the game for full price. 40€ including the season pass plus all additional dlcs would be an ok price IF the dlc are worth of course.
And if the game will ever get patched in a proper way, considering the status it shipped.
Anyway since a post was not enough, I thought to open a thread for AC Chronicles:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1343371

Young Magus

Uhhhhh,

Sorry if this is a stupid question but how do I ask steam a question or air a concern?

I looked around but I cant find an option that lets my contact/message anyone.

JaseC

Uhhhhh,

Sorry if this is a stupid question but how do I ask steam a question or air a concern?

I looked around but I cant find an option that lets my contact/message anyone.

Valve more or less retired the ticket system shortly after No Man's Sky launched, I assume because it got sick of people with a playtime north of two hours requesting refunds. The option to contact Steam Support directly now appears only in certain contexts, such as Steam Client crashes. I've had success with the tickets I've submitted over the past ~five months via said page -- I just apologise for the ticket not aligning with the topic the form is attached to and then get to the nitty-gritty. For instance, most recently, Mr. Toby confirmed my suspicion that Nathaniel Blue misspoke at Steam Dev Days 2014 and an active account is in fact one that owns a game and has been online in the past 90 days rather than one that owns a game or has been online in the past 90 days. I mean, I'd argue that 90 days is too generous, but it is nice knowing that the account I lost access to over a decade ago isn't considered active simply because I registered a Half-Life Platinum key.

JaseC

Just linking to the Steam Help site isn't actually all that helpful as there's no "Contact Steam Support" button and if you went looking for it but happened to just explore the topics that don't offer the option, you'd be convinced that it's no longer possible.

Also, he said he's looked around, which I assume includes the Steam Help site as it's the most obvious place to start. ;)

JaseC

Isn't there an option to mail them directly after you try to find something without success?

Searching for a term that doesn't match anything just results in an error message telling you as much, and again the option doesn't appear in every section.

Ludens

Banned
Searching for a term that doesn't match anything just results in an error message telling you as much, and again the option doesn't appear in every section.

Uh, it seems Valve finally improved the customer support by eradicating every sign of human life.

Ladekabel

Show me
Your library
And i shall divine for thee a game to play

I'd take this opportunity if you would be so kind.

Here are the games I have currently installed, Not ready for the commitment of a Final Fantasy game (not pictured, other category) or another game that is equally long. Looking for 1-4 games that are <6-8 hours.

choose4mehmsm4.png

Jawmuncher

Here are the games I have currently installed, Not ready for the commitment of a Final Fantasy game (not pictured, other category) or another game that is equally long. Looking for 1-4 games that are <6-8 hours.

choose4mehmsm4.png

Play to the moon, it's short

choose4mehmsm4.png

Costume Quest is fairly short if I recall correctly, but a lot of fun.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Anyone use the Mass Effect mods in XCOM 2?

I have them subscribed, loaded them in the mod menu before the game but don't know how to add them in game? I've just done the mission after the tutorial mission.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom