• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2017 - Giveaways are back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Durante

So I was reading an old thread since I'm doing an interview, and some stuff is pretty amusing from our current perspective.

Then: "I think you may be overestimating both the sales potential of a delayed PC port, the actual sales of Dark Souls and the budget they had to make the port."
Now: DS is easily the most profitable Japanese franchise on PC.

I also outlined what DSFix would likely need to do, a few weeks before release:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=40837612&postcount=1302
That's really the reason for the "magical" 23 minutes people like to quote, preparation ;)

chronomac

Just now noticed this note with the bundle:
More content coming soon!
We were not able to add every game in time for our launch, so we will be trying to add more content from interested developers over the course of the promotion. Keep an eye out for more content will be added to this bundle this Wednesday at 11:00 a.m. Pacific time, but no guarantees!

If you already paid for the $30 tier, you'll automatically receive the additional content once they're added!​

NeoRaider

We were not able to add every game in time for our launch, so we will be trying to add more content from interested developers over the course of the promotion. Keep an eye out for more content will be added to this bundle this Wednesday at 11:00 a.m. Pacific time, but no guarantees!

If you already paid for the $30 tier, you'll automatically receive the additional content once they're added!​

Wow. That's great.

Ladekabel

Pro Humble Bundle:
- Amazing Value
- Good cause
- I want the Witness and it has it

Contra Humble Bundle:
- With the Switch coming up I don't have 30€ to spare :/

C4rter

Strange to write about the tier if there is only one.

L.O.R.D

after month of waiting,finally managed to replace that LG monitor i used to have with another monitor
they didn't have the same model,so i saw this BenQ monitor which has VA Panel (i heard VA Panels doesn't has bleeding at all)

and i was right,almost

VMSTJtI.jpg

ignjanj.jpg

the hint of white in the right won't bother me,everything is black,the black level is more then the IPS one.

also,fuck touch control panel,who thought it was good idea?
navigating through the options to change the colors and brightness made my arm hurts because i spent 10 minutes trying to change the language from Chinese to English.

Couple of extras, should work unless I've messed up somewhere;

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (ThirtyFour, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Streamline -- MB-2E99071A16454132 - Taken by WinterDemons. 2 entrants total.
The Stanley Parable -- MB-D40B87492437447E - Taken by Loptous. 5 entrants total.

t1487019557z1.png

Tizoc

Pro Humble Bundle:
- Amazing Value
- Good cause

Contra Humble Bundle:

Eh I'd recommend holding off on the Switch til end of the year when Super Mario O releases.
You are likely able to get a good deal come Black Friday for one thing.

Lanrutcon

So I was reading an old thread since I'm doing an interview, and some stuff is pretty amusing from our current perspective.

Then: "I think you may be overestimating both the sales potential of a delayed PC port, the actual sales of Dark Souls and the budget they had to make the port."

I also outlined what DSFix would likely need to do, a few weeks before release:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=40837612&postcount=1302
That's really the reason for the "magical" 23 minutes people like to quote, preparation ;)

Still annoys me that you're probably responsible for a nice sum of DS PC sales and they won't even acknowledge you. Personally, your fix was the tipping point that got me into DS...which led to DS2...etc etc.

Ladekabel

Eh I'd recommend holding off on the Switch til end of the year when Super Mario O releases.
You are likely able to get a good deal come Black Friday for one thing.

I should but I won't. Eventhough I have a Wii U, I want to play Zelda on the go, it'll probably be an indie machine for me and most important of all: I'll be able to play PuyoPuyoTetris on my commute to university at the end of April. And there is a chance that due to a pricing mistake on amazon.de I could get it for under 200€ but I'm not counting on that.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
By the way, if I were trying to be polemical, I would ask whether the inclusion of The Witness in the Freedom Bundle is consistent with Jonathan Blow's recent political position regarding punching nazis.

It would make a lot more sense to include works by another Jon, Jonas Kyratzes: http://www.jonas-kyratzes.net/2017/02/03/on-punching-nazis/

It isn't inconsistent or even relevant. You can be strongly against violence and still support the message and work of the ACLU (which, in its own work has literally defended Neo-Nazi's right to freedom of speech).

You can also be apathetic to a Nazi getting duffed for being a shithead and still support the work of the ACLU.

He was against violent protests. This supports various organisations who will push back against any inhumanity of the current government in legal ways.
The left is really losing its mind on the nazi punching thing. I guess I feel you guys, but turning into the lefts version of the Tea Party isn't going to help against Trump. You can't fight fire with fire.

Fighting fire with fire is literally a thing.

There's two greater problems I have with the whole Nazi punching thing. First is people buying into the narrative that this is some broader trend that even needs addressing in the first place. What most people are railing against is people on the internet either acting apathetic or like a standard internet tough-guy. There is no broader movement to commit acts of violence against Nazis.

So, second point: Internet tough guys are everywhere in all discussions and their bluster rarely ever spills over into the real world, so let's talk about the people who are apathetic towards a Nazi getting punched. Why should they be moved to care that a person who deserves to get punched is punched? Why should they care when terrible, irrevocably awful things are done to good people every minute of the day?

We aren't talking about Nazis being killed, or raped, or tortured, we're talking about a punch. And, in the case of the guy who sparked Blow's whole Facebook post, a punch that didn't even leave a bruise.

And the worst of it is I want to be there with you. I want to live in a world where I can really, really care about a Nazi getting punched. But in a world where fists are thrown about and hit so many undeserving people, I'm not going to get especially worked up because it may have, randomly, and by the absolute slimmest of chances, found a somewhat worthy target.

hohoXD123

I should but I won't. Eventhough I have a Wii U, I want to play Zelda on the go, it'll probably be an indie machine for me and most important of all: I'll be able to play PuyoPuyoTetris on my commute to university at the end of April. And there is a chance that due to a pricing mistake on amazon.de I could get it for under 200€ but I'm not counting on that.

Was tempted by Zelda too, but after seeing Xenoblade Chronicles X in 5K on cemu, I think I'll hold off and hope it'll be run at playable levels on cemu when it releases.

Man at Gabrial Knight's visual progression throughout the series. Pixel art to fmv to god awful early 3d and finally at barbie game for the remake.

Pro Humble Bundle:
- Amazing Value
- Good cause

Contra Humble Bundle:

Even if the Switch was launching with a dozen incredible games, it's hard to argue with a year's worth of indie games for $30, all of which goes to charity. I wouldn't think twice about dumping the Switch preorder, personally.

Mivey

The issue is that if you are okay with violence against people you abhor, you are giving them ammunition to label you as radicals. With non-violent protests you can highlight immorality and still maintain the moral high ground in the eyes of anyone willing to look. (Sure, you cannot convince die-hard supporters, but most people who voted for Trump aren't die hard supporters. Most people are always in the middle on most issues.

So it's not about defending the alt-right idiots. It's pointing out that being okay with violence against them, or worse, actively calling for it, is hurting the fight against Trump.
So sure, if you want 8 years of the Orange Menace, then please keep punching your nazis.

Wok

The issue is that if you are okay with violence against people you abhor, you are giving them ammunition to label you as radicals. With non-violent protests you can highlight immorality and still maintain the moral high ground in the eyes of anyone willing to look. (Sure, you cannot convince die-hard supporters, but most people who voted for Trump aren't die hard supporters. Most people are always in the middle on most issues.

So it's not about defending the alt-right idiots. It's pointing out that being okay with violence against them, or worse, actively calling for it, is hurting the fight against Trump.
So sure, if you want 8 years of the Orange Menace, then please keep punching your nazis.

This is a good point and what might make the far-right party gets higher score than we could ever expect in the next French presidential election. If the riots that started a few days ago go on and spread to every suburb as in 2005, this is going to be the worst timing for French riots ever... I hope Humble will run a Humble Liberté Bundle once France gets her own "Trump".

Anyway, props to Blow for raising his voice and then making the Humble Freedom Bundle greater with the addition of The Witness.

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Machine Made: Rebirth -- MB-B07AE9823F066E48 - Taken by Diedac. 1 entrants total.

t1487021556z1.png

Naarmight

Really wanted the Witness and Nuclear Throne, $30 for someone who was aiming to buy very few bundles this year is a bit much, but the hell with it. Gives me an excuse to try Stardew as well

I kind of want to go back to Siege but I had played enough when it came out that I worry I'll be matched far beyond my skill level now lol.

And I suddenly want to buy For Honor, although it's a bummer you can't chop off legs or arms, only decapitations(opposite of Ryse) I mean if you're going to go for exaggerated violence go all out.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
that bundle would be super tempting if I knew those games (especially the big ones like Witness, Invisible Inc. or Subnautica) wouldnt be on a humble monthly, because I had them pegged for a monthly down the line.

as it stands, 30€ is a bit much on a budget and knowing I wont stop subbing to monthly. Still tempting tho.

Durante

It seems like I'm too dumb for twitter.

I wrote a tweet, but if I go here:
https://twitter.com/Durante_PT
it doesn't show up. After looking at the pattern of what goes where, it seems to me like it's being treated as a reply (even though it's not one) because of the "@" in the beginning, so I should have reordered it to not have that. Is that the gist of it?

(Yes, I'm asking for Twitter tech support in the Steam community thread, but since the tweet in question is somewhat related to a game on Steam it's far from the most OT stuff that ever happened here :p)

Arulan

While the PC platform is less skewed towards launch day sales than consoles, the hype of playing a new game at initial release is still a significant contributing factor to sales.

It has been great seeing Japanese developers realizing that the easiest way to reach a western audience for their often niche games is through the PC.

Endruen

it doesn't show up. After looking at the pattern of what goes where, it seems to me like it's being treated as a reply (even though it's not one) because of the "@" in the beginning, so I should have reordered it to not have that. Is that the gist of it?

(Yes, I'm asking for Twitter tech support in the Steam community thread, but since the tweet in question is somewhat related to a game on Steam it's far from the most OT stuff that ever happened here :p)

Since it shows up in the "Tweets and replies" section, I would guess so.

dex3108

I started playing Watch_Dogs 2 these last couple of days and boy do i like it. Missions are fun, characters are great, world is beautiful...

Hektor

Tweets with an '@' at the beginning are always muted under your main timeline and only show up in your profile under "tweets and answer" and do not appear on other people's timeline other than the ones you '@'.

If you want to '@' someone and have it visible on your main and your followers timeline, simply put a '.' or something else before it.

Teggy

ModBot said:
I am giving away 38 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Teggy, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Overgrowth -- MB-C4F5D3EAD7CD42BB - Taken by maty. 20 entrants total.
2064: Read Only Memories -- MB-CB5AF939123FCCD5 - Taken by Madn. 4 entrants total.
7 Grand Steps -- MB-91379D88AFEBE533 - Taken by Hektor. 3 entrants total.
A Virus Named Tom -- MB-980A5B8B604CD084
AI War: Fleet Command -- MB-9EB57A4F73949644 - Taken by Nzyme32. 1 entrants total.
Ellipsis -- MB-92540A2BF0A110BB - Taken by Ozium. 5 entrants total.
Girls Like Robots -- MB-EE6E376162AFEF26 - Taken by redlacs. 2 entrants total.
Guacamelee Super Turbo Championship Edition -- MB-CFA948EB322A6F4C - Taken by Abomination. 3 entrants total.
Hot Tin Roof: The Cat That Wore A Fedora -- MB-D59D70777F5DBF82 - Taken by WinterDemons. 3 entrants total.
Human Resource Machine -- MB-840902CCB787D377 - Taken by drakaenae. 1 entrants total.
Invisible, Inc. -- MB-54D16B9577FCFCFA - Taken by Abomination. 18 entrants total.
Mini Metro -- MB-1DE3E85CFFC43B99 - Taken by Zeknurn. 6 entrants total.
Monster Loves You -- MB-BD17DB9F565066E1 - Taken by Mikurden. 2 entrants total.
Mushroom 11 -- MB-6D2F5EF2EE83CE69 - Taken by Spirited. 2 entrants total.
Ninja Pizza Girl -- MB-53F02B4810A11FAE - Taken by Zeeman. 7 entrants total.
No Time To Explain -- MB-65A054B2DEE93E24
Nuclear Throne -- MB-65A1492787F5E6AB - Taken by someguyinahat. 13 entrants total.
Octodad Dadliest Catch -- MB-363FB183F97E1435 - Taken by thesaucetastic. 3 entrants total.
ROCKETSROCKETSROCKETS -- MB-75AC0DD0FF34C172 - Taken by Jalal. 4 entrants total.
Retro Game Crunch -- MB-E08AC9992BDCA7F6 - Taken by Catshade. 1 entrants total.
Robot Roller Derby Disco Dodgeball -- MB-51217FBC60A581F1
Secrets of Raetikon -- MB-1E9AFA0906A18932 - Taken by Blizniak. 2 entrants total.
Song of the Deep -- MB-BA6B379D0DF67C1D - Taken by ramoisdead. 20 entrants total.
Spirits -- MB-CA6509E5BF905719 - Taken by Eila. 1 entrants total.
Sproggiwood -- MB-29ED8634D9D5EB73 - Taken by Yakkue. 7 entrants total.
Stardew Valley -- MB-80CF0C178832E932 - Taken by gurm3n. 18 entrants total.
Streamline -- MB-4C831EB6E732F639 - Taken by bloke. 2 entrants total.
Subnautica -- MB-D670F487C5F75D6C - Taken by oipic. 31 entrants total.
Super Hexagon -- MB-DC46CAB972725A7F
Super Meat Boy -- MB-EC789308F57FD15D - Taken by pislit. 1 entrants total.
Superbrothers: Sword and Sworcery EP -- MB-12E6662843587F5E - Taken by Naked Snake. 1 entrants total.

The Stanley Parable -- MB-7B2396D36E8DECDF - Taken by chadskin. 9 entrants total.
The Swapper -- MB-3C5E7176DC488719 - Taken by White Wolf. 2 entrants total.
Thirty Flights of Loving -- MB-63E87B750A1F6F3E - Taken by illusionary. 5 entrants total.
Tower of Guns -- MB-DD9E97F66B73D899 - Taken by Platy. 1 entrants total.
VVVVVV -- MB-62E9BD47835CC04A - Taken by Valxal. 1 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
The Witness -- MB-67E652CB15A0C481 - Taken by xezuru. 53 entrants total.
Waking Mars -- MB-2C076807B5B2D5C9 - Taken by PaulSane. 1 entrants total.
World of Goo -- MB-D7833EF7BBC17CCB - Taken by Endruen. 1 entrants total.

t1487030983z1.png

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.

That doesn't address my point at all, though. I'm not calling for violence or committing it myself. I just don't care if a Nazi is punched.

Find the guy who did the punching, prosecute him for assault if charges are pressed. I don't care about the whole thing. It is a level of injustice so minor it doesn't even register on my scale.

And yet, with every perceived imperfection of the left no matter how small or insignificant, Trump is hung over people's heads like some sort of guillotine attached to an ever-fraying rope. Oh no, if one more Nazi gets punched we'll be doomed to Trump forever! It's absurd.

Imagine an opposite world where Hillary got in and conservatives were worried that they'll have lost voters forever because a member of PETA got punched. I assure you that has never a discussion anywhere across the multiverse.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I started playing Watch_Dogs 2 these last couple of days and boy do i like it. Missions are fun, characters are great, world is beautiful...

I've had the same experience - I started it Friday night and ended up playing it about 25 hours over the weekend (Resident Evil 7 will have to wait, it seems). The game is so much better than the first one.

Durante

Tweets with an '@' at the beginning are always muted under your main timeline and only show up in your profile under "tweets and answer" and do not appear on other people's timeline other than the ones you '@'.

If you want to '@' someone and have it visible on your main and your followers timeline, simply put a '.' or something else before it.
Thanks, that's what I assumed. The "." workaround seems silly, I'd probably try to write it differently in order to not put the "@" at the start. Good to know for the future.

Platy

Yup

People usualy do like ". @durante_PT is a really twitter noob, don't you think?"

Mivey

That doesn't address my point at all, though. I'm not calling for violence or committing it myself. I just don't care if a Nazi is punched.

Find the guy who did the punching, prosecute him for assault if charges are pressed. I don't care about the whole thing. It is a level of injustice so minor it doesn't even register on my scale.

And yet, with every perceived imperfection of the left no matter how small or insignificant, Trump is hung over people's heads like some sort of guillotine attached to an ever-fraying rope. Oh no, if one more Nazi gets punched we'll be doomed to Trump forever! It's absurd.

Imagine an opposite world where Hillary got in and conservatives were worried that they'll have lost voters forever because a member of PETA got punched. I assure you that has never a discussion anywhere across the multiverse.
Well, maybe I should explain my understanding of the situation, as I have followed it. (In simplified form)
A few Republican-leaning students in Berkley University ask this asshat to give a talk. This leads to protests, and eventually the thing is called of. During the events a few individuals did become violent against support of this Milo guy.
If that was all that happened, there would be no discussion. But this spawned this much larger thing with the "punch a nazi" meme. It was in support of this act of violence, no matter how significant it was. It was only then that people like Blow, who studied at Berkley, chimed in and saying that they are not comfortable with this.
I believe standing up for definitively peaceful protests is important. Why is it hard to agree to this?

Teggy

Like a dummy I didn't realize there was a deadline on those Dirt Showdown keys and mine expired. I'd probably never play it, but now it's going to be that harder to get in the delisted game group!
;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom