• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2017 - Giveaways are back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jawmuncher

That bad, uh? I mean, from what I've heard the premise sounds incredibly stupid but, honestly, the story in SV was tolerable at best for me. Not offensively bad or anything but hardly what kept me playing. I kinda wished the game had less story and longer missions. Would've made it a pretty good podcast game.

I seem to be in the minority that feels it was a big step back. So take that as you will.
If you were to want to use it as a podcast game, it's definitely good for that.

Anno

Hey all. Have some video games in celebration of me being one year closer to my inevitable demise. Enjoy them because time is fleeting! Also thank you to anyone who contributed to the Humble Bundle today.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 11 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Anno, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

2064: Read Only Memories -- MB-7F5A518699745CC6 - Taken by BlakeofT. 4 entrants total.
Day of the Tentacle Remastered -- MB-406AEC785F820E61 - Taken by Spirited. 5 entrants total.
Gunmetal Arcadia Zero -- MB-4CDAD7D157C00636 - Taken by rainking187. 4 entrants total.
Hue -- MB-FD58D03D9B016ED6 - Taken by SSPssp. 11 entrants total.
Invisible Inc. -- MB-6251B73A7DB1057A - Taken by Nabs. 16 entrants total.
Mini Metro -- MB-C83608B03F2FB535 - Taken by spindoctor. 2 entrants total.
Nuclear Throne -- MB-3ACF7796BD4FCFE8 - Taken by EdmondD. 9 entrants total.
Octodad: Dadliest Catch -- MB-CC7C9E8FEA66A6A8 - Taken by Arminsc. 1 entrants total.
Stardew Valley -- MB-35C973A2862EF768 - Taken by Volimar. 21 entrants total.
The Witness -- MB-7789548BDE0213B1 - Taken by madjoki. 54 entrants total.
Total War: Warhammer -- MB-B9DD86F8E66D8E6A - Taken by dave is ok. 27 entrants total.

t1487112154z1.png

Parsnip

Heads up for anyone who likes Metroid Metroidvania-style games, keep an eye out for Exile's End-
header.jpg

Now granted calling it a Metroidvania is misleading, what little I played of it could give off a vibe of that style fo gameplay at first, but it's more of an Adventure game with platforming. Heck the first weapon you get? 2 rocks which you throw at a fixed arc.

Even though I am early in the game I've heard good things about it and it is a short game (5ish hours accoridng to How Long to Beat), so anyone who likes Action Adventure games should def. check it out once it appears in a bundle/goes for cheap.

I was wondering why it looked familiar, it's a remake of Inescapable with new cutscenes and music and such.

L.O.R.D

Full. To evaluate what works correctly for a given display you can use these:
- http://www.lagom.nl/lcd-test/black.php#blacktest.png
- http://www.lagom.nl/lcd-test/white.php#whitetest.png
to make sure no tones are cut off. And this:
- http://www.lagom.nl/lcd-test/gradient.php#gradient-h.png
to try and get the smoothest possible gradient.
No, not at all.

thanks for the info,then how to make the monitor only use GTG?
it has two response mode
GTG 4ms
and another one i forgot it's name with 12ms

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man

Nzyme32

Seems like For Honour is going full on with its PC support, even going full on with Steam Controller API support, which basically means you can use any old controller and rebind controls however you want, with multiple sets for the situations that the game requires

Nabs

Seems like For Honour is going full on with its PC support, even going full on with Steam Controller API support, which basically means you can use any old controller and rebind controls however you want, with multiple sets for the situations that the game requires

The beta had a good Steam Controller config (not native, but just as good to me). I just had to change the right pad to mouse joystick and it was perfect.

It's crazy that they're going full SC support. I hope more Ubi games follow.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Teggy, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 38 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Teggy, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Overgrowth -- MB-C4F5D3EAD7CD42BB - Taken by maty. 20 entrants total.
2064: Read Only Memories -- MB-CB5AF939123FCCD5 - Taken by Madn. 4 entrants total.
7 Grand Steps -- MB-91379D88AFEBE533 - Taken by Hektor. 3 entrants total.
A Virus Named Tom -- MB-980A5B8B604CD084
AI War: Fleet Command -- MB-9EB57A4F73949644 - Taken by Nzyme32. 1 entrants total.
Ellipsis -- MB-92540A2BF0A110BB - Taken by Ozium. 5 entrants total.
Girls Like Robots -- MB-EE6E376162AFEF26 - Taken by redlacs. 2 entrants total.
Guacamelee Super Turbo Championship Edition -- MB-CFA948EB322A6F4C - Taken by Abomination. 3 entrants total.
Hot Tin Roof: The Cat That Wore A Fedora -- MB-D59D70777F5DBF82 - Taken by WinterDemons. 3 entrants total.
Human Resource Machine -- MB-840902CCB787D377 - Taken by drakaenae. 1 entrants total.
Invisible, Inc. -- MB-54D16B9577FCFCFA - Taken by Abomination. 18 entrants total.
Mini Metro -- MB-1DE3E85CFFC43B99 - Taken by Zeknurn. 6 entrants total.
Monster Loves You -- MB-BD17DB9F565066E1 - Taken by Mikurden. 2 entrants total.
Mushroom 11 -- MB-6D2F5EF2EE83CE69 - Taken by Spirited. 2 entrants total.
Ninja Pizza Girl -- MB-53F02B4810A11FAE - Taken by Zeeman. 7 entrants total.
No Time To Explain -- MB-65A054B2DEE93E24
Nuclear Throne -- MB-65A1492787F5E6AB - Taken by someguyinahat. 13 entrants total.
Octodad Dadliest Catch -- MB-363FB183F97E1435 - Taken by thesaucetastic. 3 entrants total.

ROCKETSROCKETSROCKETS -- MB-75AC0DD0FF34C172 - Taken by Jalal. 4 entrants total.
Retro Game Crunch -- MB-E08AC9992BDCA7F6 - Taken by Catshade. 1 entrants total.
Robot Roller Derby Disco Dodgeball -- MB-51217FBC60A581F1
Secrets of Raetikon -- MB-1E9AFA0906A18932 - Taken by Blizniak. 2 entrants total.
Song of the Deep -- MB-BA6B379D0DF67C1D - Taken by ramoisdead. 20 entrants total.
Spirits -- MB-CA6509E5BF905719 - Taken by Eila. 1 entrants total.
Sproggiwood -- MB-29ED8634D9D5EB73 - Taken by Yakkue. 7 entrants total.
Stardew Valley -- MB-80CF0C178832E932 - Taken by gurm3n. 18 entrants total.
Streamline -- MB-4C831EB6E732F639 - Taken by bloke. 2 entrants total.
Subnautica -- MB-D670F487C5F75D6C - Taken by oipic. 31 entrants total.
Super Hexagon -- MB-DC46CAB972725A7F
Super Meat Boy -- MB-EC789308F57FD15D - Taken by pislit. 1 entrants total.
Superbrothers: Sword and Sworcery EP -- MB-12E6662843587F5E - Taken by Naked Snake. 1 entrants total.
The Stanley Parable -- MB-7B2396D36E8DECDF - Taken by chadskin. 9 entrants total.
The Swapper -- MB-3C5E7176DC488719 - Taken by White Wolf. 2 entrants total.
Thirty Flights of Loving -- MB-63E87B750A1F6F3E - Taken by illusionary. 5 entrants total.
Tower of Guns -- MB-DD9E97F66B73D899 - Taken by Platy. 1 entrants total.

VVVVVV -- MB-62E9BD47835CC04A - Taken by Valxal. 1 entrants total.
Waking Mars -- MB-2C076807B5B2D5C9 - Taken by PaulSane. 1 entrants total.
World of Goo -- MB-D7833EF7BBC17CCB - Taken by Endruen. 1 entrants total.

t1487030983z1.png

Nzyme32

The beta had a good Steam Controller config (not native, but just as good to me). I just had to change the right pad to mouse joystick and it was perfect.

It's crazy that they're going full SC support. I hope more Ubi games follow.

Is it not? Didn't get time to play it. I saw this image and assumed they are going SCAPI to do it:

88Kj6eL.png

Nabs

Is it not? Didn't get time to play it. I saw this image and assumed they are going SCAPI to do it:

88Kj6eL.png

I played it back on Thursday or Friday. They probably just updated it.

That's really slick.

edit: It looks like the person who took that pic got it while pre-loading the final build. Awesome.

kionedrik

I wish the Freedom bundle was actually a build-a-bundle, that way I wouldn't feel so hesitant about buying it just for invisible inc...

FLD

I seem to be in the minority that feels it was a big step back. So take that as you will.
If you were to want to use it as a podcast game, it's definitely good for that.

Good to know but even if you end up being right I don't think I'll mind too much.

Are the missions longer, though? In SV, you could really tell it was designed as a Vita game meant to be played in short bursts. Like, most missions took me less than 5mins to beat. I'm kind of hoping EV having a PS4 version means it's not as bad in that regard.

Did steam remove the ability to start a download manually if it's in the automatic queue? See three games that have updates but that option is gone from the downloads tab.

I wonder if there will be another new bundle for the weekly bundle tomorrow haha. If not, why wouldn't they just move the freedom bundle for tomorrow to keep on "schedule"?

Durante

thanks for the info,then how to make the monitor only use GTG?
it has two response mode
GTG 4ms
and another one i forgot it's name with 12ms
Those aren't modes you set, they are different types of measurements.

Depending on from which color tone to which other color tone a pixel transitions, it will take different amounts of time.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Teggy, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Teggy, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
The Witness -- MB-67E652CB15A0C481 - Taken by xezuru. 53 entrants total.

t1487031928z1.png

Jawmuncher

Good to know but even if you end up being right I don't think I'll mind too much.

Are the missions longer, though? In SV, you could really tell it was designed as a Vita game meant to be played in short bursts. Like, most missions took me less than 5mins to beat. I'm kind of hoping EV having a PS4 version means it's not as bad in that regard.

They're about the same really.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I wonder if there will be another new bundle for the weekly bundle tomorrow haha. If not, why wouldn't they just move the freedom bundle for tomorrow to keep on "schedule"?

freedom bundle is also in its own tab, not with the other game bundles, so maybe?

too many bundles man ;_;

ModBot said:
Instructions for Rhaknar:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away 11 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Rhaknar, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:

7 Grand Steps -- MB-CB920E6B357DCBD3 - Taken by dave is ok
AI War: Fleet Command -- MB-DE2FBE970E2886A2 - Taken by Nzyme32
Monster Loves You -- MB-3C7BB89268D61CF5 - Taken by Wok
No Time To Explain -- MB-B2EFB64CC7277DEF - Taken by Hakkelus
ROCKETSROCKETSROCKETS -- MB-44972B167F8752E5 - Taken by septicore
Robot Roller-Derby Disco Dodgeball -- MB-B37D988CED53D5A9 - Taken by weemadarthur
Spirits -- MB-50629CBC69C50052 - Taken by user237
Super Hexagon -- MB-36E10168D50A7B0F - Taken by drakaenae
Super Meat Boy -- MB-EEA0CF20A316B24B - Taken by Naked Snake
VVVVVV -- MB-845B0F1BB2937BC3
Waking Mars -- MB-FA97F8F69CEE0A9C - Taken by White Wolf

raffles are for losers

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I need a clarification about BundleFest: will there be a new "legendary bundle" everyday for the week? Or is the chaos bundle the big deal?

Or are all the listed bundles part of the BundleFest? If so, why is the "view bundles" button linked to the Chaos bundle?

there will be a new bundle every day, I asked them this directly erlier.

Bundle Stars ‏@BundleStars 6h6 hours ago
More
@Rhaknar That's right :)

also, raffles are for buffoons

ModBot said:
Instructions for Rhaknar:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away 8 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Rhaknar, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:

Day of the Tentacle -- MB-E484E0C16B76A846 - Taken by SirMossyBloke
Girls Like Robots -- MB-042A69BB0552065B - Taken by Nabae
Guacamelee Super Turbo Championship Edition -- MB-EA10E95514056656 - Taken by eyeless
Secrets of Raetikon -- MB-FC6E12D5126B823F - Taken by drakaenae
Streamline Early Access -- MB-866441AE65EC7202 - Taken by crimsonheadGCN
Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP -- MB-A116F3B5689D5EDF - Taken by Regginator
Tower of Guns -- MB-59D2A2F1C3C2CB25 - Taken by illusionary
World of Goo -- MB-869E5E6A600F9245 - Taken by bloke

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Did steam remove the ability to start a download manually if it's in the automatic queue? See three games that have updates but that option is gone from the downloads tab.

You mean the "Download Now" button? It's still there for me.

Ozium

You mean the "Download Now" button? It's still there for me.

A game in your library will be highlighted blue and say updated queued, and then if you go into your downloads section by clicking the bottom of the client it's not listed at all whereas it used to be listed with the scheduled time to download and you could put it to the top of the queue by a button press

Wok

there will be a new bundle every day, I asked them this directly earlier.

Bundle Stars ‏@BundleStars 6h6 hours ago
More
@Rhaknar That's right :)

Ah cool, thanks. So I might break my new year resolution and be infidel to humble a few additional times this week. 💓

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom