• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2017 - Giveaways are back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Thanks, that's what I assumed. The "." workaround seems silly, I'd probably try to write it differently in order to not put the "@" at the start. Good to know for the future.

FWIW, it's a little more complex.

If you tweet @realdonaldtrump is your hair real or made of alpaca?

Then, whether or not I see this is determined by two things:
- do I follow you
- (do I follow @realdonaldtrump or AM I @realdonaldtrump)

If the answer is no to either, I don't see the tweet.

The .@ workaround is often used by extremely selfish people who want to drag their followers into an argument they're having with a third party, or just to show off. I use a script to mute all .@ tweets. Social media is narcissistic enough, we don't need to override the anti-narcissism functionality to demand people pay more attention to us. I mean, holy shit.

So I agree that if you genuinely have a reason to mention another user like changing "@koeitecmo and I are working on releasing the SNES version of Romance of the Three Kingdoms" to "I am working with @koeitecmo to release the SNES version of Romance of the Three Kingdoms", that's good, but if you're trying to loop me into a conversation you're having with a third party, I don't give a shit.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of tuxfool, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 12 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

2064: Read Only Memories -- MB-0F4507E21371E7C9 - Taken by Madn. 4 entrants total.
Day of the Tentacle -- MB-96EFEC29A5FE6664 - Taken by Regginator. 3 entrants total.
Guacamelee Super Turbo Championship Edition -- MB-8944D5B269D19DA7 - Taken by Hereafter. 3 entrants total.
Human Resource Machine -- MB-1EC82D80732A7A05 - Taken by Nzyme32. 1 entrants total.
Mini Metro -- MB-0B040FA129DC0321 - Taken by Henry Swanson. 8 entrants total.
Mushroom 11 -- MB-919FC9D976839C4A - Taken by Cth. 3 entrants total.
Robot Roller-Derby Disco Dodgeball -- MB-E55C1742FF14DBD9
Secrets of Raetikon -- MB-A0EE56C8798ABE75 - Taken by dave is ok. 1 entrants total.
Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP -- MB-FA8685B54CE353CD - Taken by Mikurden. 1 entrants total.
The Stanley Parable -- MB-EF61AF517B747121 - Taken by White Wolf. 3 entrants total.
The Witness -- MB-AEE3F140F7232D8F - Taken by NingenJanai. 70 entrants total.
World of Goo -- MB-57B9C5AE548CC5B0 - Taken by FoneBone. 1 entrants total.

t1487025610z1.png

Regginator

Damn, that looks like a pretty good bundle. Thinking of getting it primarily for Invisible Inc, The Witness and Swapper, but $30... yeah, I know, charity and all that, but still, I think I'll wait to see if there will be additional games.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of chronomac, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 25 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Only GAF members who are NOT junior members are eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

2064: Read Only Memories -- MB-A2F30EADB788FF79 - Taken by Monooboe. 7 entrants total.
7 Grand Steps -- MB-165A476662AFFF71 - Taken by Abomination. 3 entrants total.
A Virus Named Tom -- MB-28E7267BF2DC12AC - Taken by Kagemusha
AI War: Fleet Command -- MB-76D8233894776C40 - Taken by Vuze. 2 entrants total.
Day of the Tentacle Remastered -- MB-B46CE511DF7EBB73 - Taken by fenners. 2 entrants total.
Girls Like Robots -- MB-1BB711FA6B55605C - Taken by voodooray. 4 entrants total.
Guacamelee Super Turbo Championship Edition -- MB-DF0FC056A8168E08 - Taken by dot. 3 entrants total.
Human Resource Machine -- MB-EADFF71FEDB0F915 - Taken by Zeknurn. 2 entrants total.
Invisible, Inc. -- MB-E3082C05662B46BC - Taken by WinterDemons. 25 entrants total.
Mini Metro -- MB-5B144332D36D6240 - Taken by Purkake4. 4 entrants total.
Monster Loves You -- MB-81A2B1BAE8D87D12 - Taken by user237. 1 entrants total.
No Time to Explain -- MB-F0CBFC1C6507EA3E - Taken by dave is ok. 1 entrants total.
ROCKETSROCKETSROCKETS -- MB-E85436F96C2150AF - Taken by Zeeman. 1 entrants total.
Robot Roller-Derby Disco Dodgeball -- MB-07F94292C7704D5D - Taken by Wok. 1 entrants total.
Secrets of Raetikon -- MB-BA6B2C586CA990CB - Taken by illusionary. 1 entrants total.
Spirits -- MB-3498961F21DC7A88 - Taken by madjoki. 2 entrants total.
Super Hexagon -- MB-00847969A5C74436 - Taken by ModBot - Taken by pantsattack
Super Meat Boy -- MB-2DDE57D9620D3F9F - Taken by PaulSane. 1 entrants total.
Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP -- MB-00AD593FA6EF8C30 - Taken by thesaucetastic. 4 entrants total.
The Stanley Parable -- MB-AD687D220D96A356 - Taken by Megauap. 5 entrants total.
The Swapper -- MB-3191A87F1D1D7FF5 - Taken by Nomadic Sparks. 2 entrants total.
Tower of Guns -- MB-E63649650ABE72DD - Taken by Platy. 1 entrants total.
VVVVVV -- MB-0291FFBDECF399E4 - Taken by krczt23
Waking Mars -- MB-2176BE1C9591CA1C - Taken by MaxiLive. 1 entrants total. - Taken by Jadax
World of Goo -- MB-E4485ABF552962B1 - Taken by Endruen. 1 entrants total.

t1487025937z1.png

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
more content MAY be coming soon is a weird way to put it.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
more content MAY be coming soon is a weird way to put it.

They were talking to umpteen developers, some got back in time, others didn't. If the others write "hey, we want in to", then they'll add them. If not, then they won't. You're guaranteed the people who jumped in at this point, you might gets others. In two days they'll do a hard cut where if a dev hasn't gotten back to them, they're going to move on.

Corpekata

Banned
Yeah, they'll clearly add more. I saw Mike Bithell tweeting about it, and he's done Humble stuff before and seems like the type of guy to support this sort of thing, so I'd bet on Volume or Thomas was Alone getting added at least. Probably a decent amount of indie devs that didn't respond fast enough or didn't know it was going to be so high profile.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
They were talking to umpteen developers, some got back in time, others didn't. If the others write "hey, we want in to", then they'll add them. If not, then they won't. You're guaranteed the people who jumped in at this point, you might gets others. In two days they'll do a hard cut where if a dev hasn't gotten back to them, they're going to move on.

oh was this bundle known in advance? I hadnt heard about it. I mean, its not even a case of a normal "ill wait for the second week to see what games are added" thing like usually, the shit thats on now you already know if you want to pony up the $30 or not, I just thought it was a weird phrasing.

Durante

FWIW, it's a little more complex.

If you tweet @realdonaldtrump is your hair real or made of alpaca?

Then, whether or not I see this is determined by two things:
- do I follow you
- (do I follow @realdonaldtrump or AM I @realdonaldtrump)

If the answer is no to either, I don't see the tweet.

The .@ workaround is often used by extremely selfish people who want to drag their followers into an argument they're having with a third party, or just to show off. I use a script to mute all .@ tweets. Social media is narcissistic enough, we don't need to override the anti-narcissism functionality to demand people pay more attention to us. I mean, holy shit.

So I agree that if you genuinely have a reason to mention another user like changing "@koeitecmo and I are working on releasing the SNES version of Romance of the Three Kingdoms" to "I am working with @koeitecmo to release the SNES version of Romance of the Three Kingdoms", that's good, but if you're trying to loop me into a conversation you're having with a third party, I don't give a shit.
I see.

In this particular case I was thinking that people who follow me would have some interest in that podcast (which discusses LKS) and the additional information I provided in the comment, so from what you say they should actually see it (since they follow me)? Then that's fine.

If so, then what exactly is the difference between starting something @someone and mentioning @someone in the middle? Only whether it shows up in my profile?

Nzyme32

Thanks, that's what I assumed. The "." workaround seems silly, I'd probably try to write it differently in order to not put the "@" at the start. Good to know for the future.

Just to point out, TotalBiscuits youtube channel videos won't accept any comments either. He uses the sub-reddit in the video description for all conversation since he thinks youtube's comments sections end up being shit.

Rhaknar

you know, if that G2A shit with Superhot turns out to be legit on the Superhot end, then if they were going to sell it for next to nothing, they should have fucking included it in this, not the G2A thing >_>

Durante

Just to point out, TotalBiscuits youtube channel videos won't accept any comments either. He uses the sub-reddit in the video description for all conversation since he thinks youtube's comments sections end up being shit.
Hmm, but I was able to write a comment. What happened to it? I mean, I see it, but are you saying no one else can, even with this direct link?
Because if so, I should put it somewhere else, because there's some relevant information/clarification in there.

(I do understand the sentiment about Youtube comments though!)

Nozomi

Banned
Estival-Versus-PC-Ann.jpg

Following a PlayStation 4 and PS Vita release in March last year, XSEED Games will release Senran Kagura: Estival Versus for PC via this March, the publisher announced.

Additionally, the company announced that it will release the long-awaited crossover downloadable content pack featuring characters from the Battle Vixens (Ikki Tousen) manga and anime series for all platforms—PlayStation 4, PS Vita, and PC—alongside the release of the PC version in March. The pack adds Sun Ce, Lu Bu, and Guan Yu as playable characters.

Read more at http://gematsu.com/2017/02/senran-k...c-launches-simultaneously#ZYhXCAIehllvf2ye.99

More Senran Kagura yay

Where are my Cold Steel port's !?

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I believe standing up for definitively peaceful protests is important. Why is it hard to agree to this?

We aren't in disagreement there, except for the part where I care about Nazis getting punched. I believe in peaceful protest, too.

But what I don't agree with is accepting the right's characterization of a protest as violent because a few people fuck up. You're never going to get definitively peaceful protests at this scale because these things attract people who are looking to cause trouble. But if you're willing to condemn the whole thing because a Nazi got punched, then that does more to releect Trump than a hypothetical voter's sympathies towards Nazis.

I refused to accept the right's characterization of Ferguson as being led by violent thugs and I refuse to accept this, too.

Dinjoralo

Hmm, but I was able to write a comment. What happened to it? I mean, I see it, but are you saying no one else can, even with this direct link?
Because if so, I should put it somewhere else, because there's some relevant information/clarification in there.

(I do understand the sentiment about Youtube comments though!)

Yeah, I can't see anything there. You need one of us to post on the proper subreddits? :p

kuYuri

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (kuYuri, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

X-COM: UFO-Defense -- MB-5C1C811CC94C7548

FREEDOM!

ModBot said:
Instructions for Rockin' Ranger:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste. Your giveaway will be automatically reposted on your behalf.

I am giving away 35 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

12 is Better Than 6 -- MB-67395231016B8637 - Taken by yoshizzle. 11 entrants total.
2064: Read Only Memories -- MB-11FE7DB4CC78A800 - Taken by dot. 9 entrants total.
7 Grand Steps -- MB-85AB92ACB063D58D - Taken by Hektor. 3 entrants total.
A Virus Named Tom -- MB-4C2BAF032694FB7F
AI War: Fleet Command -- MB-81168E5A729756EB - Taken by White Wolf. 3 entrants total.
CASE: Animatronics -- MB-FABBF9BD20B18EFF - Taken by rainking187. 2 entrants total.
Contrast -- MB-B3D0F39B58C51A40 - Taken by illusionary. 12 entrants total.
Day of the Tentacle -- MB-57383154FAC994FB - Taken by thesaucetastic. 5 entrants total.
Dungelot: Shattered Lands -- MB-5CC990C5766F7AA5 - Taken by claytonlee101. 4 entrants total.
Girls Like Robots -- MB-8AA8D236345D830F - Taken by MaxiLive. 2 entrants total.
Human Resource Machine -- MB-47D29D1F1E1FFCDC - Taken by 73V3N. 2 entrants total.
I am Bread -- MB-83A6D056D32B279B - Taken by Last Baron. 7 entrants total.
Invisible, Inc. -- MB-58E49E97A35C17A9 - Taken by Cels. 28 entrants total.
Mini Metro -- MB-9FD7C3CD75F49108 - Taken by Accoun. 11 entrants total.
Monster Loves You -- MB-61CEEA806BF3893D - Taken by claytonlee101. 6 entrants total.
Mushroom 11 -- MB-920E1B11798B2FA2 - Taken by Ludens. 4 entrants total.
No Time to Explain -- MB-96ED7C8CFDC24CDA - Taken by Tall4Life. 1 entrants total.
Nuclear Throne -- MB-7E124F3105DA2627 - Taken by Madn. 22 entrants total.
Octodad Dadliest Catch -- MB-2B61D6CD2477B13A - Taken by rostocker. 4 entrants total.
ROCKETSROCKETSROCKETS -- MB-A790C06EA39A2E9F - Taken by Abomination. 5 entrants total.
Robot Roller Derby Disco Dodgeball -- MB-ADCFAAAB4EC14135
Secrets of Raetikon -- MB-A3C545FB761FB936
Spirits -- MB-0640358F6A020712 - Taken by InquisitorAles. 4 entrants total.
Sproggiwood -- MB-FDE5C7CE862CA235 - Taken by Catshade. 11 entrants total.
Stardew Valley -- MB-ABA4DCAFA777E1DC - Taken by Zeknurn. 29 entrants total.
Super Hexagon -- MB-E1AC4163ECDE8919
Super Meat Boy -- MB-B7B29A0CB9F535A3
Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP -- MB-5B686B47DCAAA0D9 - Taken by Jalal. 2 entrants total.
The Stanley Parable -- MB-DD2ED5948B9AB1EF - Taken by Naked Snake. 4 entrants total.
The Swapper -- MB-534BE065A3F37E20 - Taken by InquisitorAles. 2 entrants total.
The Witness -- MB-A2DF10838418FCC3 - Taken by wetflame. 51 entrants total. - Taken by Ascheroth. 67 entrants total.
Thirty Flights of Loving -- MB-FF3656468BDDBC1B - Taken by Dessart. 6 entrants total.
VVVVVV -- MB-442845484BE8144E
Waking Mars -- MB-5D68CD2D57B23D07
World of Goo -- MB-3E9F313739392026 - Taken by Endruen. 2 entrants total.

t1487110103z1.png

Tizoc

Heads up for anyone who likes Metroid Metroidvania-style games, keep an eye out for Exile's End-
header.jpg

Now granted calling it a Metroidvania is misleading, what little I played of it could give off a vibe of that style fo gameplay at first, but it's more of an Adventure game with platforming. Heck the first weapon you get? 2 rocks which you throw at a fixed arc.

Even though I am early in the game I've heard good things about it and it is a short game (5ish hours accoridng to How Long to Beat), so anyone who likes Action Adventure games should def. check it out once it appears in a bundle/goes for cheap.

Tonton

More Senran Kagura yay

Where are my Cold Steel port's !?
I wonder if they'll try to push for a day and date release for the next Senran Kagura game or follow the Idea Factory route

Hopefully after 3rd

Made it sound like they would be selling the DLC separately. All of their ports so far come with the DLC included without additional cost.
Considering how hard it was to get this specific DLC and that it's coming at the same time as the PC port, I could see that being the case

Mivey

We aren't in disagreement there, except for the part where I care about Nazis getting punched. I believe in peaceful protest, too.
I guess in the grand scheme of things this will probably be quickly forgotten. Certainly with how much madness Trump is committing on a daily basis.
I just think it would have been more effective to hold a debate with Yiannopoulos, and show how easily it is to poke holes in his rhetoric. So instead of calling it off, allowing him to cry about free speech, from which he profited quite a bit, you could have embarrassed him in front of a mostly left audience.
Again, this will not decide the 2020 election, but it doesn't seem very smart either way.

Parsnip

I see.

In this particular case I was thinking that people who follow me would have some interest in that podcast (which discusses LKS) and the additional information I provided in the comment, so from what you say they should actually see it (since they follow me)? Then that's fine.

If so, then what exactly is the difference between starting something @someone and mentioning @someone in the middle? Only whether it shows up in my profile?

For what it's worth, I didn't see the first tweet and I follow you.
But I don't follow Total Bisquit.
For comparison, your discussion with lashman shows on my timeline because I follow you both.

hohoXD123

I started playing Watch_Dogs 2 these last couple of days and boy do i like it. Missions are fun, characters are great, world is beautiful...

Yeah, I was genuinely surprised. The first game just took itself too seriously, the sequel feels completely different in terms of tone, characters, missions, setting, etc.

Parsnip

Spares.
Left it open for everyone, not just steamgaffers. <3

ModBot said:
I am giving away 26 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.

2064: Read Only Memories -- MB-DC7F115C9E867105 - Taken by Regginator. 10 entrants total.
7 Grand Steps -- MB-E592E92AC4B26E6D - Taken by gaiadyne. 1 entrants total.
A Virus Named Tom -- MB-D86B838E9C349C87
AI War: Fleet Command -- MB-3912794ED6DEA941
Deep Dungeons of Doom -- MB-67CB16A6CF710AC8 - Taken by drakaenae. 1 entrants total.
Else Heart Break -- MB-F0C3ADE3D0435623 - Taken by Hakkelus. 4 entrants total.
Girls Like Robots -- MB-A0B8845683F0FA97 - Taken by Loptous. 1 entrants total.
Guacamelee Super Turbo Championship Edition -- MB-9F538BC809C4AF73 - Taken by FoneBone. 2 entrants total.
Human Resource Machine -- MB-3942E642C2EE2C8B - Taken by Heel. 3 entrants total.
Invisible Inc -- MB-E2BD89916AF71A20 - Taken by fernandes. 22 entrants total.
Mini Metro -- MB-E1957A80C3CC2EA2 - Taken by Nezzhil. 11 entrants total.
Mushroom 11 -- MB-2FB4DC96169E16FE - Taken by drakaenae. 2 entrants total.
No Time to Explain -- MB-19F099F7C91492E3 - Taken by Mackenzie 92. 1 entrants total.
Octodad Dadliest Catch -- MB-605DAD8A6ABD3F19 - Taken by thesaucetastic. 7 entrants total.
Secrets of Raetikon -- MB-F39EBD9DFF1C1D8B - Taken by EdmondD. 1 entrants total.
Spirits -- MB-8F34E427D0EF687C - Taken by Kagemusha. 1 entrants total.
Stardew Valley -- MB-94F839CD765B2E33 - Taken by fspm. 35 entrants total.
Super Meat Boy -- MB-25057850D833974D - Taken by Belgarion - Taken by Smeagol. 1 entrants total.
Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP -- MB-6A5652FC178A2029 - Taken by Cels. 2 entrants total.

The Stanley Parable -- MB-3B8F3B4F1922E6AB - Taken by ShinUltramanJ. 6 entrants total.
The Swapper -- MB-3B8F3B4F1922E6AB - Taken by ShinUltramanJ. 6 entrants total.
The Witness -- MB-891BF9CEDD260942 - Taken by Endruen. 66 entrants total.
Tower of Guns -- MB-D2838E100D98D3EF - Taken by Naked Snake. 3 entrants total.
VVVVVV -- MB-4F24A83247C27298
Waking Mars -- MB-58E693998347DFD0 - Taken by Flips360. 3 entrants total.
World of Goo -- MB-605DAD8A6ABD3F19 - Taken by thesaucetastic. 7 entrants total.

t1487035632z1.png

Durante

Just noticed in the giveaway that Octodad is part of the bundle too. If you want to have a good time, try to speedrun that in coop :p

hohoXD123

Have a new laptop coming tomorrow with a 1050, should be ok with playing most games. Was wondering how steam cloud is though? Can I basically just play through a game on my desktop and expect to continue where I left off when I play on the laptop later and vice-versa or are there extra things I need to do?

Durante

Have a new laptop coming tomorrow with a 1050, should be ok with playing most games. Was wondering how steam cloud is though? Can I basically just play through a game on my desktop and expect to continue where I left off when I play on there laptop later or are there extra things I need to do?
That's how it should work for games which support cloud saves. (Note that this is an optional feature, so you might have to manually move saves for games which don't support it)

Wok

If I write:
@SteamGAF hello world​
Then the tweet appears in the timeline of: me, @SteamGAF and people following both of us. @SteamGAF gets a notification (for sure).

If I write:
hello world, @SteamGAF​
Then the tweet appears in the timeline of: me, and people following me. @SteamGAF gets a notification (I think).

hohoXD123

On that note: Do I need a BluRay-Drive to dump my Wii U games on my PC?

Na, you need a Wii U, an SD card (and SD card reader on PC) and an internet connection.
Link

Look at the homebrew channel and DDD sections.

That's how it should work for games which support cloud saves. (Note that this is an optional feature, so you might have to manually move saves for games which don't support it)
Thanks for the reply, looks like most of the games I'm playing at the moment support it

Durante

what steamGAF are using on your monitor? Full or limited RGB?
Full. To evaluate what works correctly for a given display you can use these:
- http://www.lagom.nl/lcd-test/black.php#blacktest.png
- http://www.lagom.nl/lcd-test/white.php#whitetest.png
to make sure no tones are cut off. And this:
- http://www.lagom.nl/lcd-test/gradient.php#gradient-h.png
to try and get the smoothest possible gradient.
also does that has to do with GTG response time?
No, not at all.

FLD

It wasn't high art, but it was at least more enjoyable for what it was.

That bad, uh? I mean, from what I've heard the premise sounds incredibly stupid but, honestly, the story in SV was tolerable at best for me. Not offensively bad or anything but hardly what kept me playing. I kinda wished the game had less story and longer missions. Would've made it a pretty good podcast game.

FoneBone

Heads up for anyone who likes Metroid Metroidvania-style games, keep an eye out for Exile's End-
header.jpg

Now granted calling it a Metroidvania is misleading, what little I played of it could give off a vibe of that style fo gameplay at first, but it's more of an Adventure game with platforming. Heck the first weapon you get? 2 rocks which you throw at a fixed arc.

Even though I am early in the game I've heard good things about it and it is a short game (5ish hours accoridng to How Long to Beat), so anyone who likes Action Adventure games should def. check it out once it appears in a bundle/goes for cheap.

Hadn't heard of this and am adding it to my wishlist--thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom