• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sale 2011 | Valve Has Run Out Of 3rd Party Coupons/Games (Dec 19-Jan 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Edge not being available must be a bug. I bought it about a week ago for the achievement (and because Two Tribes are awesome).

Edit: Inky is on the case!

inky

EDGE is "not available" anywhere, but if you go to the game page the game is discounted 66%; it was discounted 50% before.

yesss.png

finally I got something :)

But this had nothing to do with the achievements, its from completing the hardware survey.

AiTM

Banned
I remember when Steam deals were the best...I wonder if its the publishers or Steam are the ones driving up these sale prices more and more over the years.

Talyn

Wow, Wasteland Angel has probably the greatest banner of the sale so far but then I clicked on it and couldn't have been shown more generic looking graphics.
Wasteland Angel is like the inverse of Zombie Driver. In Zombie Driver you're racing thru packs of the undead to rescue people. In Wasteland Angel you're protecting people in a camp from raiders/slavers. It's not a bad game really, if you like one you'd probably like the other.

ElRenoRaven

Ugh 2 coal for the 2 achievements today. I'm so sick of coal. I doubt there is anything I want which I could trade 2 coal for right now. Guess I wait and build up more to trade again in the next day or so.

Isaac for me. Nothing more I think. Already own and beat Mafia II and the rest of today's deals are not really appealing to me. Time to scour the other games lists to look for overlooked cheap stuff.

Anybody have any Xotic impressions?

Wasteland Angel is like the inverse of Zombie Driver. In Zombie Driver you're racing thru packs of the undead to rescue people. In Wasteland Angel you're protecting people in a camp from raiders/slavers. It's not a bad game really, if you like one you'd probably like the other.

Thanks for the impressions on this one, I'm a Zombie Driver fan so this makes it a buy.

Looking like a big day for me...Wasteland Age, Binding of Isaac, possibly some Quake goodness and possibly this Xotic game.

Derrick01

Banned
I remember when Steam deals were the best...I wonder if its the publishers or Steam are the ones driving up these sale prices more and more over the years.

It's the big publishers doing it most likely. Unless you love indie games to death then Steam's sale prices really suck now, you can find pretty much every other decent-big release for a better price elsewhere. It's a good thing so many of them are steamworks though.

Artofwar420

Yeah, I too like Zombie Drive quite a bit. I guess I'll put in my cart.

BFIB

For anyone who has not played Mafia 2, I'd highly recommend it.

Also, the full DLC combo deal is $9.99, but only Joe's Adventures DLC is worth your time.

just asking for an opinion, but what is the best total war game to get for someone who has never played the franchise before?

Medieval 2.

Shogun is also really good, but I prefer MII because of the broad history involved in the different scenarios in Europe. Japan has that deep history too, but the clans don't feel different enough stylistically compared to the different civilizations in MII. Shogun is the more polished game though.

McNum

Shogun 2 for €9.99? Do want!

Is any of the DLC worth it? The blood pack sounds tempting, but how about any of the new clans and units, are they worth it?

Amneisac

What was up with the Shogun II pricing, was it $14.99 for a bit? I saw it was $7.49 and hopped on it. Wonder if it was a pricing mistake or if my client was messed up at first.

Princess Skittles

Prince's's 'Skittle's
Yeah, I was like "Ooh, strong female lead, not too sexualized, nice sort of watercolour graphics, I'm liking this" and it's a crummy top-down game :/
Haha, pretty much. Although I could be down for a to-down game if it's fun, but seeing that image compared to the in-game graphics being so bland.. and there's no sign of the character, you're just a car.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom