• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sale 2011 | Valve Has Run Out Of 3rd Party Coupons/Games (Dec 19-Jan 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
AWWWW YEAH BEST DAILY EVER! SHOGUN 2 I WAITED FOR YOU!!!
What's the $ price for the Quake games? Are they bundled?
Can somebody help me to get the Quake series from the U.S? I don't use paypal but we can trade games which cost the same. Games are banned in my country.

Amneisac

Ha, LOTR is £20. I got it for £8 on GMG :D

Also, BUY MAFIA 2. Amazing, underrated game. A beautiful homage to all things gangster. Seriously.

I can go along with this whole-heartedly. I was honestly blown away by Mafia II on PC. A thoroughly enjoyable game with a great, great setting. I rarely ever finish games and I think I'll beat this one again one day. Truly enjoyable.

filipe

Wow, the first day I am absolutely not interested in a single item. I haven't bought a games every day of the sale, but I've at least been interested in a few.

I might just pick up S.P.A.Z. before I lose that chance.

Shogun 2 is one of the best games of the year, for 7.50 it's a steal. Buy it kiddies. Mafia II is decent but doesn't hold a candle to the first one.

dani_dc

Nice deals, couple games I don't know (Xotic and Wasteland Angels).

Also seems like another daily deal that *already* had an acheivement earlier on (edge), at least the second time that has happened.

Odd EDGE is showing up on the front page now as 66% off but there is no minpage for it.

I'm wondering if that is a miss-price so to speak (put wrong deal up) or if a deal got pulled last minute.

Firebrand

Nothing for me today, Shogun 2 seems nice but got it way cheaper on the Amazon deal.

And the Shogun 2 achievement in turn gave me Portal 2, thanks Gabe.

Ifrit

Anybody have any tips for The Binding of Isaac achievement? I can't even get many satan rooms.

I can tell you the boss is not that hard, it appeared to me on the basement 2 or caves 1, don't remember

I have only 1 mom kills and haven't got farther than that

Took me 2 or 3 hours and many deaths for it to appear

At least the game is fun to play, so it wasn't really annoying for me

1-D_FTW

So is Edge really a platformer? It's hard to tell, even though that's what they're claiming.

I always wrote it off as a Rush wannabe.

Can somebody help me to get the Quake series from the U.S? I don't use paypal but we can trade games which cost the same. Games are banned in my country.

quake is banned in germany?(didnt know that)

anyway QUAKE Collection - 7.49 it has
quake 1 .2. 2 Mission pack:ground Zero, + the reconking,
quake 3 Arena,/team Arena/
Quake Mission Pack 1 Scourge of Armagon/Dissolution of Eternity,

and quake 4 is 4.99

in total is 13.49 /W ,WA state tax.

Also screw Binding of Issac achivment i suck at that game =/

atomsk

Party Pooper
barreling toward the finish line

29 objectives
5 games (Hard Reset, Napoleon, L4D2, Alien Breed 3, Recettear)
18 coal
and useless coupons

total spent on sale is less than $10 (Dredmor, EYE, Rock of Ages)

KaiserBecks

Personally, I didn't like Mafia 2 at all. It quickly turns into a generic tps with plenty of annoying driving sequences. Even for 10 bucks, I wouldn't buy. Simply not worth the time (and I LOVE gangster movies).

Can anyone recommend any of the Men of War games? They've been on sale on a fairly regular basis but I never really checked them out. I'm in the mood for some strategy though (I already have Shogun).

StuBurns

Banned
So is Edge really a platformer? It's hard to tell, even though that's what they're claiming.

It's a puzzle game with some tactile finesse, you have to 'ride' cubes, and it's a bit like the Tony Hawk grinding thing.

I was really impressed with the game.

Lyonaz

Damn Coupons, why the hell do I get 50% off for X SuperBox when I already bought that one during it's sale for even cheaper?

Its sort of an isometric platformer without a jump button. Its odd to expliat but you can climd as high as your cube as well as sort of hang onto the edge between two cubes...it makes sense when you play the demo.

Given its similarity to Rush all the more perfect Two Tribes ported it.

Because I have a backlog; sorry, I'm waiting for 75% :(

cicero

Odd EDGE is showing up on the front page now as 66% off but there is no minpage for it.

I'm wondering if that is a miss-price so to speak (put wrong deal up) or if a deal got pulled last minute.

I bought it immediately in case it was a price glitch. I have had good success doing that in the past. 2010 Summer $2 Gothic bundle is one of the several I have taken advantage of.

Turfster

I already own Mafia II, but what of the first Mafia game.

Yay or nay?

Pretty much nay. Unless you like driving 10 miles an hour for 45 minutes first and then having to restart a mission 10 times because you didn't follow the *exact* path the devs wanted you to follow and got one-hit-killed. (And no, you can't shoot back or anything)

Leckan

Are American's paying 7.50 dollars for Shogun 2? Motherfucker!

I know 9.99 Euros is a good deal but still, that's almost half.

Popstar

There's a bundle with all of them except Quake IV for $7.50. Quake IV is $5.00 by itself.

1-D_FTW

Oh, and Mafia 2 owns. Brilliant game. If you appreciate developers with a distinct vision, play it. I felt like giving them a slow clap when I reached the ending credits. Just understand it starts slow and it's to be judged in its totality. By the end, I don't know how anyone can not admire the game they produced.

It's a puzzle game with some tactile finesse, you have to 'ride' cubes, and it's a bit like the Tony Hawk grinding thing.

I was really impressed with the game.

Missed that it had a demo. Guess I'll give it a shot.

RealMeat

Banned
Anyone know if Sword of the Stars 2 had been patched into a playable state yet? I heard it was basically broken at launch, but it looks like they've been patching it.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Is that super cheap deal on LOTR War in the North no longer happening over at GMG? Was it one of those code deals that you enter at checkout?

So many games in today's deals that I'm fairly interested in

Never played a Total War game before but I'm definitely intrerested in it, Shogun 2 for 10 euro is pretty tempting

Left 4 Dead is one of my favourite games on 360 but I hated the second one, kind of considering giving it another chance at 5 euro

Mafia 1 & 2 also look interesting and those two games for under 2 euro if they're good would be hard to resist

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom