• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sale 2011 | Valve Has Run Out Of 3rd Party Coupons/Games (Dec 19-Jan 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I've noticed quite a few people lamenting the Dungeon Defenders achievement. What does it entail? The description sounds innocent, but, clearly, there's a level of malevolence at play.

Yeah, I prefer the Newsom one, and thanks.

I want to say that I recall you using the Ben avatar during my earlier lurking days, but I'm probably wrong. It does ring a bell, though.

I have 2 Killing Floor guest passes, just pm me your email (or id,I still don't understand steam gifting) if you want one.

Ditto. They've been sitting there for a while.

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
40piG.png

looks like valve has started banning abusers of the promotion.

Some guy with 1000 games had his account banned for this. http://steamcommunity.com/id/vdevilmaycry

PaulLFC

Damage so far:

Purchases/Gifts for myself
E.Y.E. Divine Cybermancy - £1.24
Fable:TLC - £1.74
Greed Corp - £1.99
Blur - £3.74
Hard Reset - £3.24
Defence Grid: You Monster! DLC - £0.99
The Ship (Gifted to me) - £0.00
LOTR War in the North (Gifted to me) - £0.00
Sonic Generations (Gifted to me) - £0.00
Bulletstorm - £3.50
SAW (Gift Pile gift) - £0.00
Rock of Ages - £1.74
Worms Crazy Golf - £1.56

Gifts Bought
LOTR War in the North - £8.00
Neverwinter Nights 2 Platinum - £3.74
Hard Reset - £3.24

Total - £34.72

Not bad at all so far. Thinking of picking up Space Pirates & Zombies and AC2 depending on what the new deals are.

MNC

So what else is anybody looking to pick up? I'd love to get my hand on a few capcom games but the discount needs to be GOOD. Like fiver/subfiver good. I have exactly 10 buckaroos left to spend of the budget I set myself. Hopefully I can pick up either Dead Rising or Lost Planet 2. I'd love SFIV as well, but truth be told, I bought SFIV and Super already on the PS3 and I need to slap myself in the face and tell myself I'm not going to pick up AE on steam.

I pretty much had my fill from this sale, i don't think there will be anything that interest me.

Lets see what to do with these coals and coupons at the end of the sale :/

So what else is anybody looking to pick up? I'd love to get my hand on a few capcom games but the discount needs to be GOOD. Like fiver/subfiver good. I have exactly 10 buckaroos left to spend of the budget I set myself. Hopefully I can pick up either Dead Rising or Lost Planet 2.

Morrowind GOTY for a 5-er.

Lain

How are the Lara Croft games (Guardian of the Light, Legend, Anniversary, Underworld) in today's deal? Good, bad, acceptable?

How are the Lara Croft games (Guardian of the Light, Legend, Anniversary, Underworld) in today's deal? Good, bad, acceptable?

Good. All of them good. There are a couple posts up in the thread describing their gameplay in a bit more detail, but you can be sure any single one of them is a good deal.

JackEtc

Since every holiday sale I buy too many games, I've just started buying them and adding them to my inventory instead of just having them sit in my library. That way I can give them away if I realize I'll never play them. I am a genius.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
My haul thus far (USD unless stated otherwise):

Space Pirates and Zombies $2.49
Lucasarts Jedi Knight Bundle $4.99
Solar 2, Cities in Motion Complete, Aaaaaaa! Awesome $14.97
Beat Hazard Complete, Rock of Ages $5.73
X-SuperBox, Demolition, Inc., Nuclear Dawn $17.47
Wings of Prey, Wings of the Luftwaffe, Renegade Ops Coldstrike Campaign, Renegade Ops Reinforcement Pack, Renegade Ops $23.50
Greed Corp, E.Y.E.: Divine Cybermancy $4.98
Guardians of Graxia Game and Map Pack, Guardians of Graxia Elves and Dwarves Expansion, Jurassic Park, Payday: The Heist $29.39
AI War Bundle, Tropico 4 $21.08
Poker Night $3.34
Cargo! (BitComposer), Bunch Of Heroes $7.48
Garry's Mod, Kingpin, Lucasarts Adventure Bundle, Edge, Fable The Lost Chapters $19.95

Gift assisted:

Duke Nukem Forever $5
Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II - Retribution, Dawn of War II - Chaos Rising $20
Bulletstorm $6
Singularity £4

Total: AUD$I'm scared.

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
Where does it say "banned" on that page? I thought it normally says something.

The account is disabled, not banned. If a person tries to log into a disabled account, there is an error message about the account being disabled. I had my original account disabled for a year (for unknown reasons to me, they eventually gave it back), and there wasn't any indication the account was disabled on the steam page.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom