• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013: DIE HARDER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silky

Banned
Comcast apparently gives me 3 courtesy months of data if I intend to go over. So if I do go over my bandwith cap it doesn't appear on my bill. Cool.

For those getting Far Cry 3, I do recommend the following.

Find out how to lose the user interfaces, which means all the menus and health and what have you.
Get the bow and arrow as soon as possible.
Be stealthy when possible, use the stone to lure enemies into traps.
Only take out enemy camps when you really need to, otherwise leave as many as possible so the world is constantly filled with patrolling enemies and reinforcements so they can arrive often. It just becomes very empty without them.
Hunt. Hunt not just for improved items, but for the fun of a chase without abusing or spamming bullets and rocket launchers and the like. If you can really get into it, you can get a lot of fun around stalking a tiger and killing it without it ever noticing you, or using a turtle with a mine as a trap for a komodo dragon.
Take a moment to enjoy the visual scenery as you glide around places or just drive around. Learn that is actually is a place with landmarks and well laid out road systems and bridges.

If played purely as a do everything as once, murder everything as soon as possible, try and collect everything as fast as possible, it can become a very empty world with no much to do any more.
Note when you beat the game you can reset the enemy camps to bring them all back.

I need this game.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
waaaaat

I was able to add the game in the cart and pay via paypal. But then

"Operation aborted. Nuuvem not available in your region."

Derrick01

Banned
Decided to pull the trigger on Dragon Commander. It's not like I'm saving money for a particular game in this sale, may as well get the good stuff as it comes up.

edit: Missing out on a card drop by 1 cent is super weak.

Turfster

I thought spotflux would let me pass though?

Also that wouldn't really have any problems with my paypal right?

Don't know about spotflux.
My US person that bought Remember Me for me set his address to the US Embassy, and as far as I know, that's all he did before he bought it with Paypal, so it shouldn't give any problems.

Downhome

Think Fez for $2.49 through Steam is the best it's going to be?

I've been holding off hoping for a 3DS release, but I don't think that'll ever happen now.

The other two games I want are Brothers and Gone Home.

Decided to pull the trigger on Dragon Commander. It's not like I'm saving money for a particular game in this sale, may as well get the good stuff as it comes up.

Knew I should of bough Brothers instead of Dark Souls. Oh well! lol

edit: whoops didnt mean to quote you sorry

thefil

This is my first Modbot attempt, just some extra copies of Two Tribes games. If this works out I might pick up a couple things during the sale to give away.

Edit: I clearly messed it up. The third game is Edge.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

MbmDY6z.png

Toki Tori -- MB-F3783FA009D45AEC - Taken by ChaoticEko
Rush -- MB-C787E7640554F64A - Taken by alr1ght
Mystery Game #1 -- MB-FD641A9B0E965E6C - Taken by Cheddahz

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Don't know about spotflux.
My US person that bought Remember Me for me set his address to the US Embassy, and as far as I know, that's all he did before he bought it with Paypal, so it shouldn't give any problems.

It wouldn't cause problems with paypal when I change the address right?

The_Monk

Nice. I wish I could buy those Steam Gift Cards for 20€ in here since I could use some store credit, last time I got one PSN Card of 20€ for 8€ thanks to said vouchers.

gngf123

Thought I'd do something a little different. A mystery giveaway!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Mystery Box -- MB-D9D8B0A49EFEF3BF - Taken by sprinkles. 42 entrants total.

t1387579059z1.png

Theecliff

Banned
Right, still haven't bought anything yet but I think I'll bite on Fez + the soundtrack. Maybe on Monaco too, but I might sleep on that. I think I'm going to try and be a bit more conservative during this sale than I was in Summer... or at least I hope I will.

Also, thank you everyone for the incredible giveaways! A lot of very generous people in here.

Man, I used to be all over these sales but I'm barely buying anything lately. I did snag the Bioshock season pass yesterday, don't see anything that interests me now though.

...That's a nice price on the EVE starter pack though. I really shouldn't get back into it... If I did want to get back into that game I'd probably want to use my existing character anyway, but I always did find the initial part of the game the best since you gain skills much faster so progression feels faster... I must be strong.

Deadbeat

Banned

thefil

How important is it to blacklist people in Steam giveaways? Is there a lot of abuse or is it generally safe to do a free for all? I notice some people adding rules like no lurkers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom