• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013: DIE HARDER

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ooh I've been wanting Guacamelee, would be nice if I win. This is my first time dealing with Modbot, so I was okay with just PMing it the "Guacamelee! Gold Edition -- MB-A1D2B40BD695AEF1 - Taken by Kifimbo" as the body and nothing else right?

I usually just do the code (the "MB-hgfdh" part) and it works just fine.

Nabs

Enslaved has a 1.3gb patch. Also:

ivFEYU2TiRS3.png

I feel like there isn't really anything specific I'm still looking forward to this Steam sale. The Stanley Parable's discount was pathetic, so that's out, and FTL got announced for iPad, so I'm not buying that anymore.

Arkanius

I saw a list a few pages back of games that would be on sale.
Does that cover EVERY game that will be on sale in the next few days?

Turfster

I saw a list a few pages back of games that would be on sale.
Does that cover EVERY game that will be on sale in the next few days?

Look at the list. Look at the top of the list. Notice the "Amazon."
I don't mean to be snarky, but seriously people, this is like the third or fourth time this has been asked. Does nobody bother to read anymore? =p

Jørdan;94280335 said:
HAve you tried checking All Games (under Library in client) > Tools?

Couldn't find it there :(
Ones you downloaded? It seems they go under SteamApps/common.

So for Electronic Super Joy I had to go to C:Drive -> Program Files -> Steam -> SteamApps -> Common -> ElectronicSuperJoy -> Extras to find it.

Not here either its the Payday 2 I tried searching for soundtrack and stuff about payday 2 no luck though.

Check the install directory. eg.

D:\Steam Games\steamapps\common\ElectronicSuperJoy\extras

_CommonRedist
Assets
Are the only folders in it I check all of them aswell no luck :(

Does anyone know if gamestop takes in DVDs/blue-ray trade ins? And if so, does it count towards the steam wallet card?

They don't anymore in my area but then again they never seemed to sell

Turfster

Flying "New year" bundle
TIER 1: 1$
  • Agricultural Simulator 2011 Extended
  • An Alien with a Magnet (Desura)
  • Garshasp: Temple of the Dragon
  • Mystery game (Desura)
  • Uprising 44 (Desura)
TIER 2: 3$
  • Block Story (Desura)
  • inMomentum
  • RoboBlitz
  • Rune Classic
  • Sacraboar

Flying "New year" bundle
TIER 1: 1$
  • Agricultural Simulator 2011 Extended
  • An Alien with a Magnet (Desura)
  • Garshasp: Temple of the Dragon
  • Mystery game (Desura)
  • Uprising 44 (Desura)
TIER 2: 3$
  • Block Story (Desura)
  • inMomentum
  • RoboBlitz
  • Rune Classic
  • Sacraboar

The only game I even recognize there is RoboBlitz which I had on XBLA. I liked it actually and wouldn't mind having it again on PC but unsure if I'll bite on this bundle. Wonder what Block Story is, looks to rip off the Minecraft style... To Google I go.

So far I've picked up:

BioShock Infinite (Christmas gift from my gf)
The Stanley Parable (for my 12yo daughter who loves LPs of the game)
Wizardry pack (Wizardry 6, 7, and 8)
EVE Online Starter pack (one for myself and one for my auction obsessed gf so we can mine together :))

And Battleblock Theater off XBL for my oldest son.

I'll be picking up Don't Starve and Papers Please! for my daughter and the boys if they get a good sale price. Not too shabby for a gamer-family Christmas. ;)

The_Monk

Do I want some simulators with tractors, trucks, plains and trains fellow GAFfers?

This is the question Life has presented me. I plead for your feedback, once more.

Tizoc

Do I want some simulators with tractors, trucks, plains and trains fellow GAFfers?

This is the question Life has presented me. I plead for your feedback, once more.

JaseC would tell you to get them all.

I'd recommend the Truck game at least.

rrs

Buy Euro Truck 2 and Train Simulator 20XX, everything else goes down a B-gaming slope of awful.

Disapointed that dishonored is not cheaper

Should had been here last sale, it was 91% off for a few minutes due to price setting glitches.

Sometimes you need to open up Steam, look under "tools" in your library, and download a separate file containing bonus content like game soundtracks. Try that.

EDIT: Nevermind, I just spotted someone else already mentioned that.

What about:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\downloading\218620

I checked both. I rechecked the Tools tab under games and didn't see anything payday 2 related and its all BUNDLE files.

Miker

Whats the consensus on nether?

I believe it's the latest scam from the War Z (later Infestation: Survivor Stories) people. Not sure if they're directly related, but I don't think the reception is positive. Also, it's Early Access.

EDIT: I'm mistaken, details here from Dusk Golem:

OKAY, I need to step in for a second on Nether.

Nether is NOT made by the people who made Infection Vaccine Stories at all, they made the World War Z game based on the MOVIE on iOS.

And Nether isn't bad, I've played it for about three hours so far with a friend, and while more stuff does get updated and needs to be updated, I do like the systems it has in place. But think of it less as a straight-up survival game, it has more RPG elements than Day Z for example and feels more game-y. The environment, ability to explore a lot of buildings, and variety of monsters is fun and appreciated though, and surviving can definitely be tough.

I'll try and make a thorough video showing a more in-depth review of the game, but the developers have been kind and for some reason people have this weird misunderstanding that it is somehow connected to that OTHER game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom