• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013: DIE HARDER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gurrry

I believe it's the latest scam from the War Z (later Infestation: Survivor Stories) people. Not sure if they're directly related, but I don't think the reception is positive. Also, it's Early Access.

I bought War Z. I like it.

It seems like anything that isnt Day Zzzzzz to the public is a giant scam. So I guess I need to peep some youtube reviews. I hate the groupthink when it comes to these survivor games.

Miker

It seems like anything that isnt Day Zzzzzz to the public is a giant scam. So I guess I need to peep some youtube reviews. I hate the groupthink when it comes to these survivor games.

Then by all means, go ahead. I haven't tried either personally, but the hullaballoo was all overwhelmingly negative, so just thought I'd inform you.

Derrick01

Banned
Do I want some simulators with tractors, trucks, plains and trains fellow GAFfers?

This is the question Life has presented me. I plead for your feedback, once more.

Euro Truck 2 is amazing. I would avoid the agriculture sim since it seems to be from that terrible company who put out those 2 other games yesterday. Farming sim is supposedly better but I'm still waiting to get that.

Thanks for posting about that Metro Steam theme, loving it.

I just put up all my cards up for sale, before I was even done my steam wallet was at $2.83. I listed everything at the current low selling price. It's currently at $4.76 two minutes after I was done. If everything sells I'll have about $11 free dollars. unreal.

Damaniel

Banned
Holy shit the Winter Cards are worth a bit, eh?

Just wait until the last day. The extra cards will all disappear on January 3, so there will be a last minute rush of people trying to wrap up their last badge level before then. This might spike the prices on those cards a little more.

EDIT: I wonder how much a top tier DOTA 2 or TF2 reward item would sell for. Neither has actually been crafted yet....

Salsa

6CZatm3.png

who is this wario guy

So is the rarity of the item you get from crafting a snowglobe badge or w/e based on how many badges you've crafted?

Like if I craft my first badge, I'm only going to get one of the "Common" items, right?

Then when I craft my second badge I'll get an "Uncommon" item from one of the games?

So is the rarity of the item you get from crafting a snowglobe badge or w/e based on how many badges you've crafted?

Like if I craft my first badge, I'm only going to get one of the "Common" items, right?

Then when I craft my second badge I'll get an "Uncommon" item from one of the games?
No, its a random chance.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

I believe it's completely random. Except that I believe you get 5 such items for completing a foil badge instead of just one.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
My friends have been raving about The Stanley Parable but its point and click right? I loved Walking Dead is it similar in terms of gameplay?

Shurayuki

Then by all means, go ahead. I haven't tried either personally, but the hullaballoo was all overwhelmingly negative, so just thought I'd inform you.

Eh just to let you know, I don't think this is actually from the WarZ guys.

OKAY, I need to step in for a second on Nether.

Nether is NOT made by the people who made Infection Vaccine Stories at all, they made the World War Z game based on the MOVIE on iOS.

And Nether isn't bad, I've played it for about three hours so far with a friend, and while more stuff does get updated and needs to be updated, I do like the systems it has in place. But think of it less as a straight-up survival game, it has more RPG elements than Day Z for example and feels more game-y. The environment, ability to explore a lot of buildings, and variety of monsters is fun and appreciated though, and surviving can definitely be tough.

I'll try and make a thorough video showing a more in-depth review of the game, but the developers have been kind and for some reason people have this weird misunderstanding that it is somehow connected to that OTHER game.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Oh so very tempted on Velvet Assassin with it's price, setting, and some of those Steam reviews. Yet at the same time I remember such hate and disapointment about it during it's release here on NeoGAF.

Can anyone help me decide?

My friends have been The Stanley Parable have been raving about it but its point and click right? I loved Walking Dead is it similar in terms of gameplay?

Nope. It's a first person thing. They're not very similar at all. Most of the fun comes from replaying the game 10-20 times (Each time is around 10-15 minutes), and collecting all of the different endings.

Ooccoo

I bought The Last Remnant. It's very annoying to play without a controller on PC, and the battle system is very confusing. Stopped after like 30 min.

My friends have been The Stanley Parable have been raving about it but its point and click right? I loved Walking Dead is it similar in terms of gameplay?

Think half life with out shooting and jumping.

All you do is walk and listen to a narrator sometimes you'll click on buttons and such.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Oh so very tempted on Velvet Assassin with it's price, setting, and some of those Steam reviews. Yet at the same time I remember such hate and disapointment about it during it's release here on NeoGAF.

Can anyone help me decide?

If you enjoy unforgiving stealth games, it's pretty good. There are some sections that force you to use a special ability that breaks the verisimilitude, but otherwise the game is a diamond in the rough.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist

Not in the least.

You're both great. Thanks!

Edit:

When it comes to MGS, how much you understand is inversely proportional to how many you have played.

I think the OT for the PC release needs "MGS interest not required" in the title.

If anything it would probably hurt your understanding. Going in clean is fine.

And also all of you!

So nothing will be spoiled for the MGS series either right?

I already know the whole raiden reveal of MGS 2.

I'm playing through the original MGS right now is why I ask, I've never completed any of the games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom