• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013: DIE HARDER

Status
Not open for further replies.

maneil99

Okay I think I'm gonna make my final decision during this sale:

Modded DOOM 3 or BFG Edition?

Oh, and if it matters I'm going to at least try to play the game with a controller. I imagine OG DOOM 3 doesn't support a pad but BFG does? What are the other differences we're dealing with on PC?

Modded Doom 3. BFG edition sucks compared to the original with mods. The game looks like crap, runs inconsistently, misses graphic features from the original. It does have controller support though

More people need to get Dark Souls too. I need some help with Nito in this dark forsaken place and I don't think I can beat him by myself.

Come on, you really shouldn't have trouble with Nito. Just play for another couple of hundred hours, beat the game 4 or 5 times and learn all the best weapon and spell combinations. Then he is easy.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Fez is one the most incredible games I've ever played.
You right there, the one who has considered playing this and loves secrets and bright colors. This is for you. Merry Christmas! It was cheaper than buying you a beer.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

FEZ -- MB-276ECE2591F5003A - Taken by The Cowboy

Be sure to appreciate creative minds like PF everyone!

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Some puzzle games everyone should play:

ModBot said:
Instructions for Casimir:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

SpaceChem -- MB-1CF3B68B86126192 - Taken by gwynplaine. 4 entrants total.
Splice -- MB-AF99F69F0D7C1F25 - Taken by Shrike Alvaron. 7 entrants total.

t1387585943z1.png

The Cowboy

Fez is one the most incredible games I've ever played.
You right there, the one who has considered playing this and loves secrets and bright colors. This is for you. Merry Christmas! It was cheaper than buying you a beer.

Be sure to appreciate creative minds like PF everyone!

Thanks for the game matey.

The_Monk

Come on, you really shouldn't have trouble with Nito. Just play for another couple of hundred hours, beat the game 4 or 5 times and learn all the best weapon and spell combinations. Then he is easy.

Why didn't you say that earlier! And here I was doing it all wrong! But yes, that's how some advices usually go with DS.
It's ok. I'll just hang around in here. Forever Hollow.

jsrv

how come no tier 6 items dropped yet from crafting the holiday badge? surely there are enough people who crafted level 6 and higher badges or foil badges by now

Wake up, Reus booster pack. Another 1/2 gaben or so.

So Final fantasy VII, yay or nay? I'm an Infinity engine guy and the only JRPG's I've played are FF13, felt a little like going to the dentist, and Lost Odyssey which I really liked.

smr00

Banned
how's project zomboid?
On paper? Great.

In it's current state? Not worth it. I think once they iron everything out and it's fully released it will be a great product but i wouldn't buy into it yet. You are better off with a less buggy State of Decay or War Z. Granted, both of those still have bugs but not nearly as much as i have encountered in the last build of zomboid.

Salsa

im probably in the same situation as many

1) assumed Deadly Premonition was never coming out on PC
2) thus, watched the Giantbomb Endurance Run
3) novelty kinda gone, waiting for cheap cheap cheap

FloatOn

here's the thing. I've only watched 3 episodes of twin peaks so far. will I like deadly premonition or should I finish the show before playing for maximum effect?

how come no tier 6 items dropped yet from crafting the holiday badge? surely there are enough people who crafted level 6 and higher badges or foil badges by now

Tier 6 items don't drop and it's just an evil plot by Gabe to take money from.oir wallets.

/tinfoilhat

mrgone

here's the thing. I've only watched 3 episodes of twin peaks so far. will I like deadly premonition or should I finish the show before playing for maximum effect?

If you watch the second season of Twin Peaks through to the end you'll hate everything and save money everywhere!

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 22 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:

Toki Tori -- MB-1FD931A2D59AFC3F - Taken by The Cowboy
Humble Indie Bundle 1 -- MB-F1EC1209F40423D8 - Taken by MadBrad
Bastion -- MB-2A75DF4990EE0AAB - Taken by gimel
Zen Bound 2 -- MB-9BE7BA9BFD534A17 - Taken by Jtwo
World of Goo -- MB-9A3CB7EE1AEAF735 - Taken by Kastrioti
Crayon Physics Deluxe #2 -- MB-1779D669003E80A0 - Taken by still
Crayon Physics Deluxe #1 -- MB-831B6CE9411BD99D - Taken by FauX
Cogs -- MB-CC66F65903BFD778 - Taken by fuzzy123
Limbo -- MB-DF7E107876436934 - Taken by El Idiota
Splice -- MB-F0564CA0E122E970 - Taken by arts&crafts
Gish -- MB-53776FEF42D6BDCB - Taken by Timedog
Beat Hazard Ultra -- MB-4E36101C4150B6B4 - Taken by Frustrated_Grunt
Waking Mars -- MB-D0C3EC9186FC6C41 - Taken by bronson
Nightsky #1 -- MB-ABDDDCC886412CCA - Taken by crazyrabbits
Nightsky #2 -- MB-A1DF6AF9CA4ABEAB - Taken by fuzzy123
Broken Sword -- MB-4569EC11144635DB - Taken by Snakethesniper
Swords & Soldiers HD -- MB-F922DC6CC72F8728 - Taken by darkchewie
Organ Trail -- MB-ED46F365B6A613D4 - Taken by Jables Swan
Worms Reloaded -- MB-CB5D55CBE2273444 - Taken by dot
Frozen Synapse -- MB-57FF53C475BA58E8 - Taken by MisterRoboto
Aquaria -- MB-4841E731CDE06CD1 - Taken by Casimir
Superbrothers Sword & Sorcery -- MB-8D1B9F1916B9B2F2 - Taken by Just_myles

Gurrry

Yeah, "group think" alright. It also changed its name (and reset its Metacritic ranking) for reasons that weren't shady. Yup.

First of all, they changed the name due to a c&d of the movie World War Z. Not because of the precious meta critic rating.

And honestly, compared to the overwhelming amount of crap that it gets... I bought it for 3 bucks and played the SHIT out of it for a few months. Well worth the THREE dollars I spent.

Or I could spend 30 dollars on Day Z, which is barely even a game at the moment, and wait a whole YEAR before they finish it.

This is what irritates me. People jump all over War Z because of its initial launch.. if you actually look at what they promised the game would have.. they have almost hit all of their initial goals. Cars were implemented, the new map is about to come out.. etc.

Having said that, I have no desire to jump back into War Z. Ive closed that chapter on my gaming life.

But Day Z, regardless of its hype, seems like a waste of 30 bucks right now.

Grief.exe

Or I could spend 30 dollars on Day Z, which is barely even a game at the moment, and wait a whole YEAR before they finish it.

If you bought WarZ for $3 that was almost a year after it had been released.

It took a year for them to even get it in working order, it was barely even a game at that point as well. Currently, DayZ, in Alpha, is more stable than both WarZ and Battlefield 4's full releases.

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains

I'd suggest watching it all before playing DP, because it's a great show. I'll also admit that I'm wearing a Twin Peaks shirt right now.

Season two is mostly garbage, but the final episode makes it all worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom