• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013: DIE HARDER

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
I'd like to thank our anonymous benefactor for ZenBound2. AND for introducing me beat hazard ultra. I tried to grab that based on the title alone but was beat, and then I googled it and it looks awesome.

I've always been curious about ZenBound its such a weird damn concept. thanks again!

Grief.exe

Because there is no point in getting rid of a PS3 unless you got a PS4.

There is no point in getting a PS4 unless you have a PS3, that library is just too good. I just picked one up actually since I was so impressed with the available exclusives.

This is true. When I had almost no games, this sale would have me buying left and right.

People forget the reality when their libraries have grown tremendous in size.

Clawww

Let me tell you all about a small little game that's currently 50% off...

deadly-premonition.jpg

Nice post. You've sold me on it. Thanks for that. And this music is certainly something.

MadBrad

Neo Member
Anonymous benefactor, thanks for the Humble Indie Bundle 1! I started buying the humble bundles at 5 so this gives me a bunch of games I never picked up!

The_Monk

Why would he buy a PS4 when he has a PC right now? No point in diving in currently.

I believe Monk gave away his PS3 to a family member.

I actually sold my PS3, and some titles from the PS3 and 360 that I no longer cared and they were just clutter/plastic cases, something I dislike since I simply love a clean minimalist space.

The money I got from the PS3 went directly to help a friend in need so he could pay some hospital bills because of his mother that is with a severe case of schizophrenia. I couldn't afford to lend him money so I sold my PS3 and helped him with that money. Got no more a PS3 but helped someone so it was a fair trade, I believe. The rest I had no choice but to get in Store Credit. That store credit can only be used during one year. I was already selling this games since February which meant the expiration date was running out very soon so I pre-ordered a PS4 and used all the store credit which made my PS4 cost 55€.

I would have wished to not have Store Credit but the store's policy changed so it was that or overpriced games. They barely sold PC games so it was the best choice at the time.

Oh, I actually won that raffle for Splice. I love the style of it from the trailer I watched, thanks Casimir! Think I'll back out of this thread now as I don't want to seem greedy.

smr00

Banned
There is no point in getting a PS4 unless you have a PS3, that library is just too good. I just picked one up actually since I was so impressed with the available exclusives.

People forget the reality when their libraries have grown tremendous in size.
Tell that to the millions who already bought it. Arguing about that would be a moot point.

The point i was making is you have no real reason to get rid of your PS3 unless you have a PS4. Not saying you should get rid of the PS3, i still have mine. But many sold theirs to upgrade.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Even if I had a lot of the bigger name titles, I'm sure I could find plenty on the lower end. http://store.steampowered.com/searc...ort_by=Price&sort_order=ASC&specials=1&page=1

Plus some overlooked titles. http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=621131

Tell that to the millions who already bought it. Arguing about that would be a moot point.

The point i was making is you have no real reason to get rid of your PS3 unless you have a PS4. Not saying you should get rid of the PS3, i still have mine. But many sold theirs to upgrade.

Still a few years left in the PS3 and for being out as long as it has, many hidden gems passed by. Which yes, some do exist that aren't on PC.

Momentary

Banned
Is anyone else not having Driftmoon from the Groupees bundle show up in their library?

OKay... No one call me stupid. I just read the fine print and realize this game isn't on Steam yet.

I'm buying games at the speed of light right now so give me a break.

FloatOn

It's kind of indecipherable weirdness. The first season's so great that it feels like they just let it run completely off the rails into bat country.

I like david lynch weirdness though. so we'll see.

anyway I almost forgot but I got that guac

guacamole.jpg

guacamelee for 3.75 on the humble store is a thing of beauty.

First of all, they changed the name due to a c&d of the movie World War Z. Not because of the precious meta critic rating.

And honestly, compared to the overwhelming amount of crap that it gets... I bought it for 3 bucks and played the SHIT out of it for a few months. Well worth the THREE dollars I spent.

Or I could spend 30 dollars on Day Z, which is barely even a game at the moment, and wait a whole YEAR before they finish it.

This is what irritates me. People jump all over War Z because of its initial launch.. if you actually look at what they promised the game would have.. they have almost hit all of their initial goals. Cars were implemented, the new map is about to come out.. etc.

Having said that, I have no desire to jump back into War Z. Ive closed that chapter on my gaming life.

But Day Z, regardless of its hype, seems like a waste of 30 bucks right now.
Whether or not the developers delivered on their promises with War Z is irrelevant to me, and I'm not going to ignore shady business practices because of some other game that has nothing to do with them (directly speaking) being slower at doing the same.

If you ended up liking it, by all means. But don't pretend the hate it received (to this day) is largely due to something as superficial as "group think".

Gurrry

If you bought WarZ for $3 that was almost a year after it had been released.

It took a year for them to even get it in working order, it was barely even a game at that point as well. Currently, DayZ, in Alpha, is more stable than both WarZ and Battlefield 4's full releases.

That may be true, but when you spend 3 dollars on a game, its hard to look at it under any other light than "hey it was 3 dollars.. who cares".

I understand its difficulties it had at launch. I was mainly watching streams of the game up until the steam sale.

It never once seemed as bad as everyone made it out to be. The only thing that irked me was the hackers. And hell, all of these survival games seem to attract those scum bags anyway.

random

Is anyone else not having Driftmoon from the Groupees bundle show up in their library?

It is not out on Steam yet (at least I can not find it on Steam), but the key does register, so it will probably show up in the library once the game is available.

edit, haha, of course I was too late :D

Caerith

Why didn't you say that earlier! And here I was doing it all wrong! But yes, that's how some advices usually go with DS.
It's ok. I'll just hang around in here. Forever Hollow.

How do you get Dark Souls to run? I used to play, figured I'd pop in again but it crashes almost immediately. I'm assuming this is some GFWL garbage.

Grief.exe

I actually sold my PS3, and some titles from the PS3 and 360 that I no longer cared and they were just clutter/plastic cases, something I dislike since I simply love a clean minimalist space.

The money I got from the PS3 went directly to help a friend in need so he could pay some hospital bills because of his mother that is with a severe case of schizophrenia. I couldn't afford to lend him money so I sold my PS3 and helped him with that money. Got no more a PS3 but helped someone so it was a fair trade, I believe. The rest I had no choice but to get in Store Credit. That store credit can only be used during one year. I was already selling this games since February which meant the expiration date was running out very soon so I pre-ordered a PS4 and used all the store credit which made my PS4 cost 55€.

I would have wished to not have Store Credit but the store's policy changed so it was that or overpriced games. They barely sold PC games so it was the best choice at the time.

I couldn't remember whether you gave it away or sold it, was the latter.

Good on you Monk. Dark Souls II will fill the gap that Demon Souls left.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
I'm rolling back through at 5pm pacific on the dot to swoop one of those nightsky keys if ya'll don't grab them by then.

Hop

That girl in the bunny hat
Thank you for Limbo anonymous benefactor.

I'd like to thank our anonymous benefactor for ZenBound2. AND for introducing me beat hazard ultra. I tried to grab that based on the title alone but was beat, and then I googled it and it looks awesome.

Anonymous benefactor, thanks for the Humble Indie Bundle 1! I started buying the humble bundles at 5 so this gives me a bunch of games I never picked up!

Thanks to anonymous for Aquaria!

*anonymous brofist*

Thank you guys for clearing out my unused Humble Bundle codes.

(No I don't know why I went anonymous and then posted here anyway)

you're just gonna punch someone in the face

I felt well punched in the face before the giveaway, so no harm done

Toki767

Alright. Time for a little game:

4 copies are Bad Rats.
1 lucky winner will get any game of their choosing that goes on sale from now till the end of the sale.

Only one entry allowed so choose wisely.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

MbmDY6z.png

Mystery Game #1 -- MB-069C74A347234FF6
Mystery Game #2 -- MB-67D428A9572EC50C
Mystery Game #3 -- MB-F8132A1FB786618A
Mystery Game #4 -- MB-025F0D6D70FEAC6B
Mystery Game #5 -- MB-2E23D7146DF61624

t1387597149z1.png

Gurrry

Whether or not the developers delivered on their promises with War Z is irrelevant to me, and I'm not going to ignore shady business practices because of some other game that has nothing to do with them (directly speaking) being slower at doing the same.

If you ended up liking it, by all means. But don't pretend the hate it received (to this day) is largely due to something as superficial as "group think".

Im not saying it was unwarranted at all.

Just saying that everyone who even heard about it piled on to the hate without even playing the game themselves. Plenty of posts in the thread you linked had people claiming that the game was trash without them ever even checking out a stream or playing the game first hand.

After paying as little as I did and receiving the amount of fun that I had with it, there was no other way for me to see it.

The_Monk

How do you get Dark Souls to run? I used to play, figured I'd pop in again but it crashes almost immediately. I'm assuming this is some GFWL garbage.

Do you have Opt In or Out in Steam Beta? Opting OUT helped me with my GFWL issues (DS, Dirt 2 & 3).

I couldn't remember whether you gave it away or sold it, was the latter.

Good on you Monk. Dark Souls II will fill the gap that Demon Souls left.

I managed to finish Demon's Souls back in the day but I'm finding Dark Souls much harder, actually. Do you plan on getting DS II near the release? I'm thinking of getting it as birthday present for myself.

OKay... No one call me stupid. I just read the fine print and realize this game isn't on Steam yet.

I'm buying games at the speed of light right now so give me a break.

I did the same thing with the Doctor Who adventures! I was sure I saw the steam icon on the page. Turns out it's greenlit but not released yet so there is only a direct download.

FloatOn

Alright. Time for a little game:

4 copies are Bad Rats.
1 lucky winner will get any game of their choosing that goes on sale from now till the end of the sale.

Only one entry allowed so choose wisely.

this is video game russian roulette. I'm not playing!

but good luck gaf. you are going to need it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom