• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013: DIE HARDER

Status
Not open for further replies.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Guys Rocksmith 2014 doesn't require Uplay anymore.

Wait, what? If true, I'll probably bite.

EDIT: Looking at it, I guess they just removed the Uplay launcher but you still have to sign in to Uplay in-game.

Kabouter

How is Scarygirl and Startopia?

One of the best games on Steam. I love Startopia. It's the only non-Bullfrog game that truly captures the magic of classics like Dungeon Keeper, Theme Hospital and Theme Park. Evil Genius came close with its presentation, but fell short gameplaywise, but Startopia has no such issues. It's fantastic through and through.

Darkroronoa

Jesus I dont enter for 6 hours and all this pages happened? Wow
KuGsj.gif

image.php

:p

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Bionic Commando (reboot) is fucking weird

That it is, and I wanted more of it when I had finished the game. It was fun combat and the story minus the TERRIBLE SECRET
arm wife
was hilarious cheesy like a 1980s cartoon I could laugh at as a kid or an adult.

Shame they won't make a sequel to fix the issues that kept it from being a better game.

I didn't vote for that because the description said platformer with roguelike elements. That seems like the new thing every indie game is going for now and I'm already tired of it.

While it is a platformer, though less than Mega Man being a platformer, I fully understand that perspective. I enjoyed the demo for what it was but beyond having multiple people with a lot of enemies and items popping up at once, I didn't really see the appeal in it because it felt like more of the same and I enjoy these types of games still.

MadBrad

Neo Member
Final Fantasy 8 isn't even on sale. What are the chances it'll be a daily?

Final Fantasy 8 is a daily along with Final Fantasy 7. It is only 33% off but will be on sale for the next 2 days. Final Fantasy 7 is the main page daily sale at 66% off but 8 is a daily sale along with it. It is on sale for $8.03.

Loved Hard Reset. The dlc was great too.

ModBot said:
Instructions for Qrusher14242:

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Hard Reset Extended Edition -- MB-98B159C033E4FAE9 - Taken by Kastrioti
Hard Reset Extended Edition #2 -- MB-FFF269B5391DE5F8 - Taken by MadBrad

Binding of Isaac: Wrath of the Lamb -- MB-B26CA00227328D95 - Taken by MendicantBS

Altazor

bought Monaco! Won't be able to play it for a while, but still... I'm curious to experience it. Great word of mouth, at least. I bought into the hype... but anyway, even if I don't like it, it's only 3 bucks. Not a big deal.

catabarez

Wait, what? If true, I'll probably bite.

EDIT: Looking at it, I guess they just removed the Uplay launcher but you still have to sign in to Uplay in-game.

No Uplay launcher when I started the game. They just ask for login information in the game now.

Infinitely better than having to deal with the launcher.

hohoXD123

Alright. Time for a little game:

4 copies are Bad Rats.
1 lucky winner will get any game of their choosing that goes on sale from now till the end of the sale.

Only one entry allowed so choose wisely.

Challenge accepted.
Get your wallet ready for all of Train Simulator 2014's DLC.

wow..Metal Gear Rising is still #2. Happy to see that!

I haven't bought much yet but I do have a bunch of games on my wishlist. A few of them will be cheaper at Amazon (Brothers, Batman Origins, Castle of Illusion). Maybe Volgarr and Valdis Story will be cheaper on steam sometime soon.

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
Alright. Time for a little game:

4 copies are Bad Rats.
1 lucky winner will get any game of their choosing that goes on sale from now till the end of the sale.

Only one entry allowed so choose wisely.

Mothafaka.

Radio

The price of DayZ is way out of the ball park for an alpha. 30 bones for it? 15-20 of that is just hype money.

The game designer agrees:

Question:
Is it worth buying Dayz standalone yet??

Answer:
Rocket said:
My opinion

For the current game? No
For the price? No (it will stay this price for some time)
To see the game? No (you can watch streams)
To participate in development? Possibly

Overall, I would not recommend it. But I think in a few weeks, it might go from "possible" to "yes" on the last one.

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.ph...ayz-standalone-yet-rocket-response/?p=1554128

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

Dr.Acula

Banned
ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Only GAF members who are NOT junior members are eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Starbound -- MB-BC88779E33838779

t1387598454z1.png

YAefit6.png

hohoXD123

I wonder if Brothers and Papers, Please will go on sale. I'd like to give those a go.
I would just get Brothers from the Amazon US store, doubt steam will be able to match that. Guess you could wait for Papers but it's already at a pretty good price at the Humble Bundle store.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom