• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013: DIE HARDER

Status
Not open for further replies.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Damn, how do you guys sell these so efficiently? I can't sell shit

Nothing to it really. Just selling in volume. Look up the card, see what the lowest price is, and lower it by a penny. Someone will buy it quickly. Rinse and repeat. It helps when you get lucky with a foil. And in my experiences, always sell the boosters. Don't open it.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Thanks a bunch to the anonymous guy who gifted me Titan Quest! You are an awesome guy!

First day really using Steam (other than to launch Civ 5 and TF2) and its been amazing. Added a bunch of friends from GAF and joined the NFLGAF group. I had no idea about all this plus the gifting aspect. I was on consoles to long but now that I got a decent laptop I can see myself on Steam all the time.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Nobody played Dragon Commander? I am about to miss out on it :(

It's a really good intro to the RTS genre if you're curious but are hesitant due to the perceived complexity. If you're experienced with the genre, the addition of a controllable dragon puts a refreshing spin on the game. Unit distribution is a bit basic so instead of each faction having unique units, you will have access to the same units as your opponents. Story wise, it's presented a bit like the dialogue/choice segments of The Walking Dead or Mass Effect. The writing itself is amusing and lighthearted for the most part and is a welcome departure from the serious nature that permeates most fantasy RPG's. You have to rally several races to help fight your siblings that usurped the throne after they murdered your father. Each race has their own ideological proclivities and economic interests so you have to balance each decision to ensure you do not completely alienate each race. Larian (the developers) included many issues that are relevant to the real world so it's interesting to see how your decisions play out as you try to keep all of your internal factions happy. The only issue is that for some of the political decisions the writers let their own biases influence the script, so your overly berated by the characters for making certain choices. There are some rough spots, like the difficulty being too lenient, but overall the game is a solid purchase. If you want a numerical score I would give it a 8/10 and worth the $19.99.

Sorry for the unfocused nature of the summary by the way. I'm extremely tired, so I'm not articulating myself particularly well right now.

Nothing to it really. Just selling in volume. Look up the card, see what the lowest price is, and lower it by a penny. Someone will buy it quickly. Rinse and repeat. It helps when you get lucky with a foil. And in my experiences, always sell the boosters. Don't open it.

Lol, Yeah I just figured it out.

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
Snow card's prices are fluctuating a lot, I should sell during the day and buy at night.

Jørdan

So to be sure, because I'd love a copy of Bad Rats. Do you have to copy the code including the title of the game to ModBot? Or only the 'MB-CODE' part?

I think you can use both, the full line or just the MB- CODE, the latter definitely works.

ZZMitch

Bought Far Cry 3!

I would get in on this raffle stuff, but I don't have 5 posts in this thread I don't think. I suppose I will just have to buy more games and make more posts about them :p

TronLight

Everybody is Mikkelsexual
Jørdan;94317772 said:
I think you can use both, the full line or just the MB- CODE, the latter definitely works.

No, you have to copy the code by itself.

Edit:

howtoclaim.gif.gif1vlh0.gif

I didn't know it worked both ways.

Lain

I bought a couple Guacamelee copies from Humble to gift in here, but being a dumbass, I fucked up and didn't buy one as a gift and then I claimed the other one on my humble library page (I hope Humble will be able to help me solve the problem with those), then I bought some more but this time I bought one along with other stuff thinking I'd get different gifted links instead of a single one.
Long story short, I was hoping to give away some games, instead you get 1 game giveaway and a pack of games giveaway (hoping I didn't fuck it up even more).

Short Raffle:
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Guacamelee! Gold Edition -- MB-B9DCBC318863F9E2 - Taken by bonesquad. 47 entrants total.

t1387591749z1.png

Long Raffle:
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Guacamelee! Gold Edition & Papers, Please & The Binding of Isaac Plus Wrath of the Lamb DLC (link) & Solar 2 & Dear Esther -- MB-EB6F125EC8D1CDB0

t1387677205z1.png

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Damn it barely won. Especially for the lackluster Godus (which I bought D: )

Thankfully it won by 5%.
What's lackluster about it?

Notxbox

Neo Member
Anyone recommend a good RPG type game on sale? I'll take a nice JRPG like FF or Ni Nu. Or a game like Fallout or Elder Scrolls.

Volcynika

Anyone recommend a good RPG type game on sale? I'll take a nice JRPG like FF or Ni Nu. Or a game like Fallout or Elder Scrolls.

The Last Remnant.

Also, surgery went ok, Steam GAF! Eyes are a bit blurry but I'm already seeing an improvement. Just got to keep up with a helluva lot of eyedrops and a few followups. Sunday and Monday should be my worst days though. D:

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No, just some flying spares:

ModBot said:
I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Agricultural Simulator 2011 Extended Edition -- MB-A3D782F3381F4D81 - Taken by Krappadizzle
RoboBlitz -- MB-E3F74BF70D85AC2A - Taken by MadBrad
Sacraboar -- MB-85B73601254BCEFA - Taken by Casimir
Garshasp Temple of the Dragon -- MB-C6B680055E1DE8BB - Taken by DeadlyVirus
InMomentum -- MB-ED6B41DC902584F5 - Taken by Spring-Loaded
Rune Classic -- MB-5E0B047FE8D3A53A - Taken by MTMBStudios

Turfster

Flash
  • Blade Symphony 80% off
  • Verdun 75% off
  • Payday 2 55% off
  • The Secret World 67% off
Community Vote