• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013: DIE HARDER

Status
Not open for further replies.
So yeah. In a short while the vote will be up and all of you should vote Risk of Rain. If you do and download the game for the STEAL of a price it will be going at you will not be disappointed. I guarantee. It is a $10 game that I've put far too many hours into and easily rests in my top 10 games of the year.

For less than ten dollars, you are getting one of the best games of the year for nothing. Join us after in the Risk of Rain OT afterwards to talk strategy and share fun stories as well as wait eagerly for the updates that will be coming out with different modes, items and a boss rush!

So yeah. In a short while the vote will be up and all of you should vote Risk of Rain. If you do and download the game for the STEAL of a price it will be going at you will not be disappointed. I guarantee. It is a $10 game that I've put far too many hours into and easily rests in my top 10 games of the year.

For less than ten dollars, you are getting one of the best games of the year for nothing. Join us after in the Risk of Rain OT afterwards to talk strategy and share fun stories as well as wait eagerly for the updates that will be coming out with different modes, items and a boss rush!

Just saw gameplay, holy crap that looks like loads of fun. I hope it wins the vote!

Salsa

Huh, now I have a removed game.

this is how it begins

tumblr_m9mz3uImXf1rw62hc.gif

Nätso

Pretty amazing that is was made in Game Maker.

hom3land

Just a few more minutes to find out!

Bought Brothers on Amazon and redeemed on Steam, I forgot I had Amazon gift cards so that was nice. And Papers, Please and Guacamelee on Humble Store, surprised to see Guacamelee Gold Edition for $3.75. Damn cheap. Nice, thanks for the help everyone.

I think I need to play FFVII windowed or bordered because those pre-rendered backgrounds from 1997 don't look so hot blown up to 1920x1200. The models look nice and crisp in battle but the overworld, not so much.

Nätso;94315780 said:
Stealth Bastard.....

Is it worth my time?

It's a very well done stealth-based platformer but it gets evil hard pretty quickly.

Alright. Time for a little game:

4 copies are Bad Rats.
1 lucky winner will get any game of their choosing that goes on sale from now till the end of the sale.

Only one entry allowed so choose wisely.

Wait, why does everyone hate bad rats so much? I looked it up on youtube and it just seemed like a generic puzzle game.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
I already got FF7 today, but I'm thinking of picking up either FF8 or Fez (which I've heard great things about).....decisions....decisions...

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
This sucks :( me and my kid really wanted to play Godus this holiday ;(...

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
GAF. What is your opinions on Nether and/or Dragon Commander? I am on the fence on those.

On Nether, I made a video of it earlier today for the people who wanted some things on Nether: http://www.twitch.tv/aestheticgolem/b/488953888

On opinion, while it's in beta and still very rough around the edges, it has some good fun to be had. Fun with friends, the monsters are varied and interesting, some good exploration element, and random events are nice to have. It still has a lot of features, fixes, and the like to have implemented (the game has two bigger updates each month so far, with the last update being four days ago that added some new items, added a new enemy known as the golem, and added subway tunnels), but is fun as it is now and promising for the future. Just know if you pick it up now it is all still very janky, and while a survival type game, it is more game-y than something like Day Z (you have levels, skill points, events, etc.)

So the general idea is to wait for something I want to either go on flash sale, community choice, or the daily sales and if that doesn't happen just grab things on the last day?

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
So Nether....

Looks cool. Impressions or thoughts?

Well...

On Nether, I made a video of it earlier today for the people who wanted some things on Nether: http://www.twitch.tv/aestheticgolem/b/488953888

On opinion, while it's in beta and still very rough around the edges, it has some good fun to be had. Fun with friends, the monsters are varied and interesting, some good exploration element, and random events are nice to have. It still has a lot of features, fixes, and the like to have implemented (the game has two bigger updates each month so far, with the last update being four days ago that added some new items, added a new enemy known as the golem, and added subway tunnels), but is fun as it is now and promising for the future. Just know if you pick it up now it is all still very janky, and while a survival type game, it is more game-y than something like Day Z (you have levels, skill points, events, etc.)

4 copies are Bad Rats.
1 lucky winner will get any game of their choosing that goes on sale from now till the end of the sale.

entered it, but i'm afraid that i'll win bat rats, and need to redeem it :p

Jawmuncher

4 copies are Bad Rats.

The best outcome would be the winner asking for bad rats.

Zeliard

If any one of you here keeps undercutting snow globe card prices, just know that I'm shaking my fist at you. Shaking it, I am.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom