• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013: DIE HARDER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curious_George

Neo Member
Is The Secret World worth $9.99? I've been really wanting to play it, but I have been hesitant.

If you like MMOs, then I'd say it's worth a shot. I didn't really find the combat terribly interesting but I found the atmosphere, setting, and puzzle/mystery quests to be pretty good. It's one of the more unique MMOs out there as far as settings go.

Radio

I've had the Secret World since March and have played it for 65 minutes.

It's that one game that I always think "Hey, I should play the Secret World. It looks really interesting!" But then 9 months pass and I haven't played it.

The Cowboy

Ohh you glorious banking gods, my wage usually due Wednesday was due to go in on Monday instead but it cleared just now!.

Aww shit!, Steam sale HOOOO!!!!.

Crayons

Banned
I bought Verdun! There's no way I wouldn't buy a game like that for a price that low, World War 1 is the best war and the best warfare.

Infinity

If you like MMOs, then I'd say it's worth a shot. I didn't really find the combat terribly interesting but I found the atmosphere, setting, and puzzle/mystery quests to be pretty good. It's one of the more unique MMOs out there as far as settings go.

What did you think about the game's population? If you needed help with a quest, was it easy to find a group?

Turfster

Bulletstorm is a damn great shooter.
Just call your doctor for a lobotomy beforehand.

What a fucking hysterical misfire bulletstorm was.
They tried to access the everyman and came away a failure only universally recognized by the phrase "dick-tits."

It's a really fun shooter, tho.
Hell, I've played shooters with worse stories.

Voted EYE. Can't beat a $1 game.

If it wins and you buy it, you'll see why it's being sold for a 1$ :x

Some people found merit in E.Y.E.: Divine Cybermancy when it came out but to me it was just a poor man's Deus Ex with a completely garbage and nonsensical plot-line and an empty shell of a world married to some interesting visuals. Also it had online coop I believe.

zkylon

zkylewd
Can you not just visit the store of another region and vote for it there?

uhh wouldn't know how to do that but I already voted so whatevs :p

but bulletstorm is pretty fun, I really enjoyed it beating it all in one sitting with a couple friends

I wish The Secret World wasn't an MMO.

The screenshots make it look so good.

It's one of the least MMO MMOs out there. You can pretty much run around, ignoring everyone else, and generally be fine so long as you're smart with your loadout and how you approach enemies. There's dungeons that need groups yes but you can just ignore them and still progress fine, you're just missing out on the best equipment for your level (which gets outdated anyway as you progress). Add in the lack of a subscription... There's no reason NOT to try it out at this price point if you're interested!

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
Voted for E.Y.E. because I love that janky mess of a game. The devs are apparently doing a Warhammer 40k game next.

For those wondering about Blade Symphony, check out the kickstarter page from 2011: Blade Symphony Kickstarter

Long story short, it's a melee dueling game in the vein of the Jedi Academy and Bushido Blade titles. It runs on the Source engine and it's damn pretty. The devs, Puny Human Games, made the (still amazing and free) Dystopia mod as well.

Nothing ruins a free weekend during a Steam sale like a monitor power supply that fails and renders your monitor, therefore your PC useless.

smr00

Banned
this isn't true

I just bought FFVII and it's no longer on my wishlist
Did you buy it off steam? I bought Gone Home off the humble store and a few other games from amazon, GMG etc. that were on my list and i had to manually remove them.

But my list could of been lagging behind.

Salsa

Really, the wishlist is all kind of broken.
It doesn't even remove the games you buy.

attempting to gift

Tp23dVg.png

great

Final Fantasy VII looks sooooooooooo much better when you play it windowed 640x480.

Did Bulletstorm toss GFWL yet?

Seems like an important detail.

No. It still has GFWL with no word of it being patched out. The game might simply end up being de-listed when the service shuts down.

DukeBobby

It's one of the least MMO MMOs out there. You can pretty much run around, ignoring everyone else, and generally be fine so long as you're smart with your loadout and how you approach enemies. There's dungeons that need groups yes but you can just ignore them and still progress fine, you're just missing out on the best equipment for your level (which gets outdated anyway as you progress). Add in the lack of a subscription... There's no reason NOT to try it out at this price point if you're interested!

Hmm, interesting. I'll think about it.

The new one? It already had a daily 50% off.

The other 2 Batmans have been 75% off in previous sales so that's a given.
Yep, the new one.

I find it strange they'd lead with a big sale like that if they weren't going to Flash sale it later. #tinfoilhat

Really, the wishlist is all kind of broken.
It doesn't even remove the games you buy.

It definitely doesn't remove games you get through other stores like Amazon or Humble Bundle.

I think I already have half of my wishlist. My biggest problem is that I actually enjoy bugs and don't want to remove them manually D:

Don't you have an HDMI input on your TV that you could plug the PC in to (if you GPU has an HDMI output/converter)?.

Yes I actually have it hooked up to my living room TV with a long HDMI running through the basement, but I wanted to play on my monitor because I just got a new mount that I can play Pinball in portrait mode on. When I plugged the monitor back after setting it up, the power brick died.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

smr00

Banned
Yes, like Far Cry 3.
As shitty as the story was, if they would of gone the
total recall route with the ending instead of him just apparently becoming some insane rambo warrior and killing his friends or that chick
it would of been so, so, so much better.

Ending spoilers y'all.

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
...not sure whether to vote EYE (super ultra maximum jank) or Bulletstorm (the G in GFWL is for "garbage")

The Cowboy

Yes I actually have it hooked up to my living room TV with a long HDMI running through the basement, but I wanted to play on my monitor because I just got a new mount that I can play Pinball in portrait mode on. When I plugged the monitor back after setting it up, the power brick died.
southpark_nice.png

Also :( because of the brick failure.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
...not sure whether to vote EYE (super ultra maximum jank) or Bulletstorm (the G in GFWL is for "garbage")

Bulletstorm hasn't been a featured deal since March 2012 so the right thing to do would be to vote for it.

Ohhhh, they're discussing what to do internally at Epic. Good thing the GFWL service only ends in a few months. I guess that's better than nothing but they should have been on the ball like Warner Bros and 2K were and patched that shit out already.

I'd guess Epic is already working on removing it and the "discussing internally" comment was just its way of throwing people a bone (versus Nordic's "No comment" with regard to Red Faction: Guerilla, for example). There are still six months until GFWL is put out to pasture so even if Epic is still sitting on its hands, it has a few more months before it absolutely needs to be proactive.

I'm willing to buy Bulletstorm if Epic promises they will remove GFWL. Won't do it if they remain silent.

Just say it Epic and my money is yours.

bonesquad

I bought a couple Guacamelee copies from Humble to gift in here, but being a dumbass, I fucked up and didn't buy one as a gift and then I claimed the other one on my humble library page (I hope Humble will be able to help me solve the problem with those), then I bought some more but this time I bought one along with other stuff thinking I'd get different gifted links instead of a single one.
Long story short, I was hoping to give away some games, instead you get 1 game giveaway and a pack of games giveaway (hoping I didn't fuck it up even more).

Short Raffle:

Long Raffle:

Sweet. Thanks for the Guacamelee! I was curious about the game. Downloading now.

I may have to do a giveaway soon myself...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom