• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013: DIE HARDER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
You know, I wonder if Valve made the snow globe thing too hard. I find it a bit odd that no one has found any of the Unparalleled items yet.

Alright gentlemen, Risk of Rain won and it looks like the store messed up a little around it so it kept changing price. Right now, as I look at it is at 6.69.

Please please please don't NOT buy this game because it said it was 70 cents less than it is now. That is a silly reason to not let yourself play an incredibly amazing game. It is less than 10 dollars, it is the price of a decent sandwich. Swallow your pride and take the plunge and you will not be disappointed. I swear to you.

Hell, I'll buy someone a damn copy of the game if it's still too high for you. This is a game that deserves support and play. It is phenomenal. Do not let a mistake that wasn't even the developer's fault hurt them or you. Make the right choice.

*this message has been approved by a really annoying poster who loves Risk of Rain

I'm still on the fence with this game, I really want to play it, but I think it's a bit high! :(

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
You know, I wonder if Valve made the snow globe thing too hard. I find it a bit odd that no one has found any of the Unparalleled items yet.

Unparalleled probably means only 1 item for the complete sale. I can't even pathom the price of that item.

Coppanuva

Fear not brave Gaffers! I have bought Blade Symphony and started playing it and returned with some early impressions! So far I ran through the tutorial and did a few online matches. It's tough but fun. There's a tutorial and versus AI mode you can choose. There's a total of I think 4 or 5 different styles I counted and combat is an over the shoulder battle where you alternate defensive blocks with timing parries. Each style has 3 modes: fast, balanced, heavy. Fast is faster and weaker, heavy is slower but stronger. If your swords hit at the same time, you parry. If one of you is a stronger attack, you win the parry and do damage.

It's a little barebones now, but for $3 it's definitely fun if you like fighting-style games with relatively simple inputs that are more about reading your opponents and timing attacks.

The one thing I'm not crazy on is the online play. You join a server of roughly 16 players max and each map is divided into arenas. You queue up for different arenas (I fought in a library, there was also a waterfall area and 2 others on this map) and watch 2 people fight 3 rounds (first to 2) until its your turn.

Kifimbo

Before going to bed. Hope it works.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Starvoid -- MB-19F26EE347EB9ECD - Taken by Kastrioti

Lain

I saw that the Deluxe for FC3 was available again on Amazon so I grabbed it. Wasn't expecting it to be 7.49$ though, pretty nice price.

derExperte

Played 6hrs BF4 non-stop but it feels like I've been gone for a month, that's how Dota-addicts must feel. Good to be back and voted for EYE. The demo was rubbish but 1€....

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
So, awhile ago I read a comment on RPS about E.Y.E. that I thought was a really good description of the game.

Professor Paul1290 said:
E.Y.E. is NOT a Deus Ex, STALKER, or Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines and it was never meant to be. It sort of reaches in that direction but it starts from a different place.
The notion that E.Y.E. was supposed to be one of those games was even repeatedly shot down by the devs early on, but people wanted a game like that so badly that they were willing to believe that it was one of those games anyway and so eventually they just sort of rolled with it.

I suppose the best way I can try to describe E.Y.E. is that it’s “a Serious Sam from an alternate world where games like Deus Ex, System Shock 2, and STALKER became really big and sold as as much as Call of Duty does in our world”.

It has RPG mechanics, various tools, a hacking system, inventory management, leaning, and all sorts of mechanics we associate with more “sophisticated” games, but these are just means and in this case they are not matched with “sophisticated” ends.
In this case they’re all there to enhance the end objectives of “killing tons of enemies” and “being a badass”.

There's more. Give it a read if you're thinking about splurging that dollar. Or if you just liked the game.

Fear not brave Gaffers! I have bought Blade Symphony and started playing it and returned with some early impressions! So far I ran through the tutorial and did a few online matches. It's tough but fun. There's a tutorial and versus AI mode you can choose. There's a total of I think 4 or 5 different styles I counted and combat is an over the shoulder battle where you alternate defensive blocks with timing parries. Each style has 3 modes: fast, balanced, heavy. Fast is faster and weaker, heavy is slower but stronger. If your swords hit at the same time, you parry. If one of you is a stronger attack, you win the parry and do damage.

It's a little barebones now, but for $3 it's definitely fun if you like fighting-style games with relatively simple inputs that are more about reading your opponents and timing attacks.

The one thing I'm not crazy on is the online play. You join a server of roughly 16 players max and each map is divided into arenas. You queue up for different arenas (I fought in a library, there was also a waterfall area and 2 others on this map) and watch 2 people fight 3 rounds (first to 2) until its your turn.

I'm down for 3 bucks!

This is my first steam sale and it's killing me.

chixdiggit

On Nether, I made a video of it earlier today for the people who wanted some things on Nether: http://www.twitch.tv/aestheticgolem/b/488953888

On opinion, while it's in beta and still very rough around the edges, it has some good fun to be had. Fun with friends, the monsters are varied and interesting, some good exploration element, and random events are nice to have. It still has a lot of features, fixes, and the like to have implemented (the game has two bigger updates each month so far, with the last update being four days ago that added some new items, added a new enemy known as the golem, and added subway tunnels), but is fun as it is now and promising for the future. Just know if you pick it up now it is all still very janky, and while a survival type game, it is more game-y than something like Day Z (you have levels, skill points, events, etc.)

So what of the three levels of Nether do you suggest buying? Are the two top tier packs worth it?

Banned
My PC backlog before the Autumn and Winter sales:

DmC

My PC backlog after the Autumn and Winter Sales:

DmC
Splinter Cell: Blacklist
Batman: Arkham Origins
FFVII
FFVIII
Assassins Creed Liberation HD
Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance
Deus Ex: Human Revolution Directors Cut

Fuck you steam. Fuck you Gaben.

I fucken love you guys <3

Coppanuva

I'm down for 3 bucks!

This is my first steam sale and it's killing me.

Definitely not a bad purchase at $3. At $15 or 10 (what I've seen previously) it might be a bit harder to recommend unless you're really interested, but for $3 it's a solid purchase. It also looks pretty nice and runs well on my laptop so it seems well optimized.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom