• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013: DIE HARDER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haunted

Thanks to w1ssy for organising the Risk of Rain 4-pack! Really can't complain about that price (equivalent to a 60% discount) - GAFers are the best. :)

random

You're welcome, enjoy the game! Seems like no one wanted Botanicula and the Showdown Effect, haha. It's a shame, since especially Botanicula is a lovely game.

I wanted Botanicula, but it looks like Modbot decided I wasn't worth it :(

edit: ok, it looks like Modbot was only a little slow

Haunted

Grabbed Blade Symphony. Mainly since this steam credit is more of a curse than anything and i refuse to pay over 5 for RoR
Make sure to come back with impressions, the trailer makes it look interesting with all the different fighting styles... but it looks kinda early and janky (particularly the movement, reminds me of classic broken third person kb/m controls - Jedi Knight says hello).

Verdun actually looks really cool. WWI has tons of potential as a shooter, even in static trench warfare lots of interesting smaller engagements were happening. Plus bolt action rifles are sweet. But I don't really think that I'm down with buying an early access multiplayer game. I have plenty of backlog now so I don't see a reason not to wait to see if it starts to catch on before buying in after full release.

-GJ-

Thank you very much for Botanicula!

Enjoy!

I wanted Botanicula, but it looks like Modbot decided I wasn't worth it :(

Did you set a limit on how long ago you can have won a game, that you edited out of the quote maybe?

That sucks, I'm sorry :/... I did no such thing. The only thing I edited out was the red headline thing at the top. Maybe you don't have 5 posts in this thread yet? Since I did add the 'no lurker' rule.

Tagyhag

I voted for EYE, Bulletstorm is great too but EYE will never go lower than that, and its really a game that people should try, especially with friends.

You know it, running three to four games at a time. But I do it online and my friends are well aware I'm going after dat' card money.

I have probably gotten like 10 dollars of money from cards so far from yesterday and today, Cherry Tree High was a goldmine. Although I actually want to try that out sometime...

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I just noticed the only Valve games that aren't on sale is the L4D series.

Could the rumor about L4D2 going free2play be true?

It's not a rumour per se, just a possibility I floated due to the new subs having a "No Cost" billing type. But if it does go F2P, let the record reflect that I totally called it. ;)

random

Enjoy!

That sucks, I'm sorry :/... I did no such thing. The only thing I edited out was the red headline thing at the top. Maybe you don't have 5 posts in this thread yet? Since I did add the 'no lurker' rule.

You had edited a couple of the entries, so I thought you may have edited out something. I should have more than five posts in one of the threads, so I thought that something may have gone wrong.

I was mostly trying to figure out what had happened, sorry for implying that you may have made something wrong, while it was only taking a little longer.

Thank you for the chance to win a great game :)

Yeah I voted for EYE even though I already own it just because it is the game that I least expected to go down in price.

Anyway, how's Risk of Rain? Can I play it with randoms?

Alright gentlemen, Risk of Rain won and it looks like the store messed up a little around it so it kept changing price. Right now, as I look at it is at 6.69.

Please please please don't NOT buy this game because it said it was 70 cents less than it is now. That is a silly reason to not let yourself play an incredibly amazing game. It is less than 10 dollars, it is the price of a decent sandwich. Swallow your pride and take the plunge and you will not be disappointed. I swear to you.

Hell, I'll buy someone a damn copy of the game if it's still too high for you. This is a game that deserves support and play. It is phenomenal. Do not let a mistake that wasn't even the developer's fault hurt them or you. Make the right choice.

*this message has been approved by a really annoying poster who loves Risk of Rain

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
I have probably gotten like 10 dollars of money from cards so far from yesterday and today, Cherry Tree High was a goldmine. Although I actually want to try that out sometime...

Cherry Tree High is actually pretty good for what it is. Basically a lite version of Persona without the RPG elements, but the social linking and visual novel elements.

For me I've had a few real gold mines, one was Agarest: Generations of War. That game has five card drops, and each card when I sold them went for $0.80-$1.30, and they sold fast too.

Petrie

Banned
Alright gentlemen, Risk of Rain won and it looks like the store messed up a little around it so it kept changing price. Right now, as I look at it is at 6.69.

Please please please don't NOT buy this game because it said it was 70 cents less than it is now. That is a silly reason to not let yourself play an incredibly amazing game. It is less than 10 dollars, it is the price of a decent sandwich. Swallow your pride and take the plunge and you will not be disappointed. I swear to you.

Hell, I'll buy someone a damn copy of the game if it's still too high for you. This is a game that deserves support and play. It is phenomenal. Do not let a mistake that wasn't even the developer's fault hurt them or you. Make the right choice.

*this message has been approved by a really annoying poster who loves Risk of Rain

Still above my $5 impulse price, but I'll at least look closer and maybe grab it over it does get there thanks to this post.

Jawmuncher

I dunno i'm pretty firm on wanting it at 5. I could've caved at 6. I keep looking at it but im so cheap that extra 70 cents kills it.

Lunaniem

It's not a rumour per se, just a possibility I floated due to the new subs having a "No Cost" billing type. But if it does go F2P, let the record reflect that I totally called it. ;)

Seems likely for them to be doing something with those subs soon since they added a Christmas DLC app to them. :)

Cheddahz

Banned
Where is MGR the cheapest? Amazon still has yet to give me my trade in credit and I want to have the game pre-ordered before it is no longer on sale

Dusk Golem

Anyone have impressions of Nether or Blade Symphony to share?

>

On Nether, I made a video of it earlier today for the people who wanted some things on Nether: http://www.twitch.tv/aestheticgolem/b/488953888

On opinion, while it's in beta and still very rough around the edges, it has some good fun to be had. Fun with friends, the monsters are varied and interesting, some good exploration element, and random events are nice to have. It still has a lot of features, fixes, and the like to have implemented (the game has two bigger updates each month so far, with the last update being four days ago that added some new items, added a new enemy known as the golem, and added subway tunnels), but is fun as it is now and promising for the future. Just know if you pick it up now it is all still very janky, and while a survival type game, it is more game-y than something like Day Z (you have levels, skill points, events, etc.)

And on Blade Symphony, I just bought it, so planning to stream a bit of it and have impressions here shortly.

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
Bulletstorm hasn't been a featured deal since March 2012 so the right thing to do would be to vote for it.
Guess it'd be better to throw the bone that way, then. Not sure it'll win though, given how many people can't even see it!

-GJ-

You had edited a couple of the entries, so I thought you may have edited out something. I should have more than five posts in one of the threads, so I thought that something may have gone wrong.

I was mostly trying to figure out what had happened, sorry for implying that you may have made something wrong, while it was only taking a little longer.

Thank you for the chance to win a great game :)

Yeah I edited in the pictures, haha, that's all. I'm sorry you didn't win the game. I might be giving away some more stuff in the next couple of days though, so who knows!

Dusk Golem

Does that result in much slower drops? That's what I've heard.

More like unstable drops. I find that drops seem to be based on user activity on steam partially. But like, I'll go three hours for example without card drops, and then suddenly I'll get 3-8 card drops in a span of 10 minutes. Sometimes I will leave games on and sleep, come back, had only a few card drops, but when I start doing things suddenly I have card drops like crazy for a while.

cicero

wow. So they switched the clearly marked price for Risk of Rain and lowered the deal. There goes my purchase and a wasted vote.

Toki767

You guys can thank Arken2121 for these. Bum was too lazy to learn how to use Modbot. :p

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Chivalry: Modern Warfare -- MB-FE903E494421CCEF - Taken by cicero. 11 entrants total.
Final Fantasy VII -- MB-492304E625BE823A - Taken by Silky. 34 entrants total.
Crysis 2: Maximum Edition -- MB-6F916C36516DC637 - Taken by ExoSoul

t1387595259z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom