• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013: DIE HARDER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
do we know which 10 games the globes represent? I can make out Stanley Parable, Black Flag, Surgeon Simulator, Football Manager, Rogue Legacy, Payday 2(?) and Warframe(?)

Enchanted Steam is so much better experience in Chrome than in Firefox, this might convert me a Chrome user really.

We just need a Sonic daily or flash please, and make it that it affects the Sonic Hits Collection too. Make it so Gaben/Sega.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
do we know which 10 games the globes represent? I can make out Stanley Parable, Black Flag, Surgeon Simulator, Football Manager, Rogue Legacy, Payday 2(?) and Warframe(?)

It says in the card's description (which you can also read on their market pages)

Enchanted Steam is so much better experience in Chrome than in Firefox, this might convert me a Chrome user really.

There are a lot of javascript functions that Firefox simply doesn't support in their API, and I've been told more times than once that certain features simply weren't allowed (since their extensions are manually reviewed).

Chrome is where it's at for Enhanced Steam. It's the browser it's primarily developed in and gets the newest features first.

you can go through the entire game without killing a single person, no crappy boss fights like HR
Well to be fair, there is one person you have to kill. I mean, you can avoid them, but it's more a bug than anything with how you can do it -- but the game still acknowledges it which is pretty amazing.

sapsari

ihuLEY3.png

What have i done :(

Play both, compare them then become a director yourself :D

jmizzal

With the modbot give away thing if a game is not claimed today can I come back tomorrow and claim it once my time between claiming a game is up?

Grief.exe

Due to the reformat, I had a lock on my account that prevented trading or marketing of items.

Lock was just lifted! Time to sell cards!

feel

I wonder if the people (person?) that made Bad Rats knows why they get so many sales from one or two people here. Would be amazing if they were targeting GAF.
Twist: Bad Rats devs are all on steam-gaf mentioning it and pushing for the giveaways every day since the start of the tradition.

KJ869

Alright so what's the sentiment on the xcom expansion, was it well done? Did it give the main game some sorely needed replayability and randomness?
It added new maps, it added new skills, it added some small changes and options. So its still new life, but does not change the base tactical gameplay signifantly.

FauX

Two Puppy Games! Woof!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (FauX, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Ultratron -- MB-02D4758693548790 - Taken by Stumpokapow. 13 entrants total.
Titan Attacks! -- MB-33FE32BAC33C37D3 - Taken by HalfwayOrb. 4 entrants total.

t1387662132z1.png

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I don't think it's available in that region if I'm reading Enhanced Steam correctly (I'm probably not)

That message just means that particular Sub ID isn't available. Usually this means there is a separate Sub ID, typically due to region-locking.

AsylumX

Thanks...

Time for jshackles' epic Bad Rat Roulette Giveaway.

Here are the rules: one of these games is Starbound. The other 4 are Bad Rats. But which is which? You can only enter one, so choose wisely!

If you win Bad Rats, take it like a man and activate it on your account. If not I'll ask that you be placed on the community blacklist.

Not entering... Bad Rats will never be on my backlog.

wilflare

Time for jshackles' epic Bad Rat Roulette Giveaway.

Here are the rules: one of these games is Starbound. The other 4 are Bad Rats. But which is which? You can only enter one, so choose wisely!

If you win Bad Rats, take it like a man and activate it on your account. If not I'll ask that you be placed on the community blacklist.

here goes nothing!
thank you so much :D

pahamrick

I was hoping they took most of those abilities out and made new, better ones. The options after leveling up always seemed so obvious to me because 1 was always way less useful than the other. Now they just give you a 50/50 shot of getting the bad abilities.

You have the greatest game ever made. And Human Revolution.

Yeah, but it does look interesting when a heavy has a chance at sniper abilities.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
I know Binding of Isaac is supposed to be very good but the idea of playing with a crying baby on stages with blood, piss and shit scattered around always turned me off a little, even though I do enjoy my fair share of disturbing content in games. Anyway, I think I'll finally grab it, the base game is currently less than $1 in my local store.

What I'm wondering is: should I get the DLC too? I don't want to miss the discount but it looks like something I'd want to have after I'm good at the game since it adds a lot of content and it doesn't sound optimal for a first playthrough. I read that there's a fanmade launcher that allows you to disable the DLC but I don't know if that would mess with achievements, saves and the like.

Prophane33

Has anyone else had issues with the tutorial in Sword of the Stars: The Pit? For some reason it won't let me hit any buttons on my (xbox360) controller, despite the controller working just fine in all the menus. Very strange. Going to try the main game now and see what happens.

Edit: Weird, no issues at all in game, just the tutorial will not let me continue past the first line of dialogue.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
I love how if you're in a southern hemisphere region there's confetti falling on the summer scene at the top and the snow's fallen to the bottom of the lower snowglobe, trapping the little yellow guy.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Well to be fair, there is one person you have to kill. I mean, you can avoid them, but it's more a bug than anything with how you can do it -- but the game still acknowledges it which is pretty amazing.
I'm still amazed about being able to carry an enemy's body through the whole game, right to the very end. That's impressive stuff.

KJ869

Damn. I want XCOM: EW, bu it's so much cheaper in the US Store. :(

Buy from amazon. Fake usa post adress, for state where theres no tax, and you can buy it there. Its retail key so it works in europe. Drops 30'% of the price compared to europe steam

cicero

I love how if you're in a southern hemisphere region there's confetti falling on the summer scene at the top and the snow's fallen to the bottom of the lower snowglobe, trapping the little yellow guy.

Is that Sir Roderick Bodkin?! I was missing the Steam mascots.

I know Binding of Isaac is supposed to be very good but the idea of playing with a crying baby on stages with blood, piss and shit scattered around always turned me off a little, even though I do enjoy my fair share of disturbing content in games. Anyway, I think I'll finally grab it, the base game is currently less than $1 in my local store.

What I'm wondering is: should I get the DLC too? I don't want to miss the discount but it looks like something I'd want to have after I'm good at the game since it adds a lot of content and it doesn't sound optimal for a first playthrough. I read that there's a fanmade launcher that allows you to disable the DLC but I don't know if that would mess with achievements, saves and the like.
The whole aesthetic was the reason I was turned off from it initially as well, but it turned out to be a complete non-factor by the time I actually started playing. I think the music helped in big part for that, game's soundtrack is pretty good.

Recommendation on the DLC: buy it now, but keep it as a gift in your inventory. I don't think the game's worth starting off with it, complete as much of the vanilla content as possible then activate the DLC as the additions might end up being frustrating more than anything without a decent enough item pool to play from.

fantomena

Buy from amazon. Fake usa post adress, for state where theres no tax, and you can buy it there. Its retail key so it works in europe. Drops 30'% of the price compared to europe steam

The price if the same on Amazon (19,99$).

Edit: Woah, they changed it to 14,99$.

AMAZON THANK YOU!

Card Boy

Banned
I'm going to prepare myself, Is the following activatable outside the US from Amazon?

Spectromancer Bundle
Ducktales
Castle of Illusion
CoJ: Gunslinger (steam key version)

They are all Steam keys but I what to know if they are region locked.

Pakkidis

I already own Deus Ex Human revolution and missing link. I was under the impression that the directos cut would only cost 5$ for me. I take it the 75% does not apply to it. I would love to get the directors cut only if I can get it at a severely discounted price.

I'm still amazed about being able to carry an enemy's body through the whole game, right to the very end. That's impressive stuff.
Haha, it's actually a metric I'm starting to use in various immersion sims to value their worth. My tests so far have determined:

Deus Ex - ☑
Invisible War - ☒
Human Revolution - ☒
Dishonoured - ☒

So basically those other games are worthless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom