• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013: DIE HARDER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deadly

Some of those were games I actually played again, on steam, for example clash of heroes, so, it's not as bad as it looks. Other, older games like fallouts and such, I had on disks, later on gog and now on steam. Don't ask me why I do this, I don't know (><)
Haha it's fine I guess you just want to use one platform. I'm contemplating double dipping for KOTOR1-2 myself since I only have them on discs but I'll wait until it's extra cheap.

Haunted

I don't see how that is possible, or maybe I'm reading it wrong.
There's been like 60 Humble Bundles. 5 games each (conservatively speaking) - I'd say getting even half of these for a price starting at $1 per bundle (but obviously skewing upwards for BTA games) is a good start. :p

Salsa

btw the OFFICIAL Steam logo straight up changed during the OS release and no one took much notice of it

modern_steam_logo_by_boneyardbrew-d6yt4x1.png

squares be gone

im sure they'll rework the regular client to make the new branding more noticeable

Dr Dogg

Iirc you can basically use a fridge as a weapon for quite a lot of DXHR. But you'll have to find a new fridge for every loading zone.

There's literally a fridge in every apartment that with upgraded strength Augs required to pick it up it's an insta kill. Never gets old. That poor Mrs Wethers, I must have caved her head in 5 or more times. Well she had lost her marbles anyway.

hohoXD123

What's the general opinion on The Wolf Among Us? Also, does it have technical issues like The Walking Dead?

I'm liking it so far, characters are great, story is interesting, and I'm liking the mystery. You do get some freezing during cutscenes like in TWD and we'll have to wait to see if the save bug is still there.

There's literally a fridge in every apartment that with upgraded strength Augs required to pick it up it's an insta kill. Never gets old. That poor Mrs Wethers, I must have caved her head in 5 or more times. Well she had lost her marbles anyway.

Bwahahaha, this sounds like my buddy who carried one of those turrets everywhere and used it to kill everyone. :D

It activates on steam, unless you mean specifically purchased on steam (for snowglobes I assume). I don't think CSGO will go below 75% though, it was at 75% on the flash sale.

What? It's a daily today. It's not going to go lower than the daily price.

Labadal

I'm liking it so far, characters are great, story is interesting, and I'm liking the mystery. You do get some freezing during cutscenes like in TWD and we'll have to wait to see if the save bug is still there.

Ah, I'll wait a little more. Don't feel like gambling. Had to play TWD in Win98 mode.

Unai

I "played" almost 2 hours straight of Universe Sandbox. Few things are as satisfying as changing the mass of the sun and messing up with our whole solar system.

Sajjaja

So...GUACAMELEE. GUYS, THAT GAME IS DOPE.

Doesn't this picture remind you all of that user who created a new Steam account because he didn't like one of the games in his library?
He subsequently created a fuss about it and had a meltdown that got him banned lol.

Everyone always talks about this XCOM game. I looked on Steam and it's a strategy game, and since I'm on the topic of buying strategy games: is XCOM beginner-friendly? Is it like a RTS with a lot of units?

-MD-

Played 2 hours of the copy of Starbound an awesome Gaf member put up for grabs last night, definitely gonna put in some more time in tonight and get a real feel for the game.

So, I have Deus Ex: Human Revolution, have played it for about 6 hours, but stopped. Want to start it again someday, is it worth getting the Directors Cut?

Colin.

Everyone always talks about this XCOM game. I looked on Steam and it's a strategy game, and since I'm on the topic of buying strategy games: is XCOM beginner-friendly? Is it like a RTS with a lot of units?

It is a turn based strategy game. I played over 20 hours of it on normal difficulty, and it felt pretty balanced at that difficulty.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
Just a quick heads-up for anyone playing a Telltale game, seems its still there in The Wolf Among Us; don't plug in your 360 controller. Their games won't boot up if there's a controller pluged in.
...yeah.

Been there since Wallace & Grommit, from what I remember. Still there.
Crazy stuff.

Arthea

I "played" almost 2 hours straight of Universe Sandbox. Few things are as satisfying as changing the mass of the sun and messing up with our whole solar system.

I wanted to like this game very much, but it didn't work for me. I'm still awaiting for the "create your universe" game that's fun.

This took me a couple of hours to make and I'm not really sure it was worth it, but I took all the Amazon sales info for the next week or two and shoved it into a colour-coded OpenOffice spreadsheet to make it easier to figure out when you should buy [insert game X here]. Sheet 2 contains all the good stuff. Grey indicates a sale price, green indicates the lowest price.

I'm leaving for a dinner outing, so the sheet is super raw and unpolished right now. If someone wants to clean it up or find a way to get Google Docs to co-operate with the conditional formatting I did (because lord knows I couldn't), feel free! If the sheet totally sucks or has wrong data, I apologize and will try to fix it when I get home!

The_Monk

You can start by playing on Easy to be honest. The tutorial is kind enough for explaining the basic stuff. You might get hooked up to the game once you start, I really like it. You have a team that you can improve as they do more missions and it will unlock new and better abilities for them.

You can also improve his/her armos, weapons and so on. Not sure if I answered everything, but let me know if you have any question.

Evo X

Just a quick heads-up for anyone playing a Telltale game, seems its still there in The Wolf Among Us; don't plug in your 360 controller. Their games won't boot up if there's a controller pluged in.
...yeah.

Crazy stuff.

What? Is this a universal issue? Because I'm pretty sure I played through Walking Dead Season 1 and The Wolf Among Us with my 360 pad.

Oh haha, did not notice tht.

Yeah, the only reason I noticed it was a daily was because I thought it was a daily already and thought it was a repeat... I think I was thinking of the flash sale though. Odds of it going lower are probably low though. :)

While I'm on the subject -- if you need to do Operation Bravo to get those CS:GO crates, is that a 1 time DLC add on, to be able to play it? I've only noticed it in the game type menu.

Hahaha. I was actually thinking of Hank and all the crazy shit he did in that game, but now that I think about it, you were just as guilty. ;)

So...GUACAMELEE GUYS, THAT GAME IS DOPE.

Doesn't this picture remind you all of that user who created a new Steam account because he didn't like one of the games in his library?

He subsequently created a fuss about it and had a meltdown that got him banned lol.

Guacamelee most certainly is.

But the memes though. ;)

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
A friend of mine wants to launch a F2P game that's not available on his region.

I recall there being some way of doing so via a browser.

Google hasn't been too helpefull so far, any idea of how to do so?
I think the Steam URI for that is this one:
Code:
steam://run/[B]GAMEIDGOESHERE[/B]

Your friend should replace "GAMEIDGOESHERE" with the proper ID. He can find a list of IDs here. For example, launching Marvel Heroes (another F2P game) is as easy as inputting "steam://run/226320" into the address bar.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
...yeah.

Crazy stuff.

Works fine for me.

No and no. It's a squad-based, turn-based, meatgrinder. Fun, but expect to lose squaddies. A lot.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
What? Is this a universal issue? Because I'm pretty sure I played through Walking Dead Season 1 and The Wolf Among Us with my 360 pad.
I've alway's had this issue and i've hear a lot about in on the web. I hope it doesn't effect everyone, but the bug is there. For years. Lurking in the shadows.
Watching.
Works fine for me.
Huh :/
Well, this is switching from "watchout for this bug" to "does anybody know how to fix this?"

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
...yeah.

Crazy stuff.

I have a 360 controller plugged in all the time and I have played every telltale game :/

Not saying it didnt happen to you (or many) of course

It's mostly a Windows 8 thing, as far as I can tell (or at least affects it more often). Regardless you just dump a direct input dll in the game's folder and it works fine. That was the case for me with TWD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom