• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013: DIE HARDER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Almighty

So last I was told not to buy the HD release of Age of Empires II a few months ago because I was told it was pretty poorly done. Has it been fixed yet? If so how is the Forgotten Expansion? It is looking mighty tempting to me at $5 or $7.50 with the expansion.

Vazduh

Bought all 3 Deus Ex games (+ CS GO just to get a snow globe lol). Any mods I should be aware of for the older Dues Ex titles? I've already beaten pre director's cut Human Revolution so I'm ok playing with the other 2 for now (somehow I have doubts I'll ever finish them lol)

Here's the link. And here's the youtube video how the game looks with some mods installed.

So last I was told not to buy the HD release of Age of Empires II a few months ago because I was told it was pretty poorly done. Has it been fixed yet? If so how is the Forgotten Expansion? It is looking mighty tempting to me at $5 or $7.50 with the expansion.

Forgotten is really fun.

Nerokis

Picked up the Total War Master Collection. What have I done? I know nothing about these games! A single marathon session of Civilization 4, the Warcraft RTS games, and a bit of Starcraft more or less makes up my entire experience with computer strategy games, and I'm pretty sure the Total War series is quite different from all of those, right? Does it qualify as being part of the "grand strategy" genre?

I'm looking forward to diving in. Not expecting much historical accuracy at all, but I love the idea of being in control of militaries that vaguely resemble those from these various time periods.

Fucking hell. I like playing the game so much when there isn't issues.

Edit: And I don't own any consoles atm, so that's not an option.

the console versions of telltale games are tremendously bad, I wouldn't recommend it even if the PC version has some bugs

their engine runs poooooorly on 360/ps3

They have conveniently decided to ignore their own promotion and stick it to everyone who did own those. You have to pay the same price as everyone who didn't own those.

Yeah it's a little annoying since I bought HR at launch. Oh well. I'll just wait until I'm desperate for a commentary run before I lay down the $5.

the console versions of telltale games are tremendously bad, I wouldn't recommend it even if the PC version has some bugs

I mean, the game runs fine on my computer, but the lost saves ruins all the time you put in to it. The choices don't mean shit once that happens.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
While I'm on the subject -- if you need to do Operation Bravo to get those CS:GO crates, is that a 1 time DLC add on, to be able to play it? I've only noticed it in the game type menu.

No, there will be a new Operation sometime in January, which is why I'm asking if the participation/viewing a match one is required to have Operation Bravo since that's what I heard was needed for the crates to drop. :/

...Even though the site says the crates are supposed to drop for EVERYONE. :/ Would be really stupid since I was on a less than 5 viewed match and no drop for me.

OFFIS

Some old keys, I hope they still work, have fun.
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 7 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Little Inferno -- MB-E6E8DC524B0869EA - Taken by Shrike Alvaron
Mirror's Edge -- MB-1FAD37B415D48F5D - Taken by lefantome
English Country Tune -- MB-100FF5352A6C3F61 - Taken by Tanner1495
Oil Rush -- MB-B8FE7A2374265F96 - Taken by Frustrated_Grunt
Thomas Was Alone -- MB-B731C2104B670D15 - Taken by Reg
Proteus -- MB-463CB0C2505FF014 - Taken by Dio Brando
Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box -- MB-3999B52F3AEA627B - Taken by legacyzero

smr00

Banned

I played through 360/ps3 verison of The Walking Dead season 1 and ran into 0 problems other than the screen freeze or whatever and the PC has the exact same issue.

Now how Jurassic Park/BTTF runs i have no idea because i have no interest in JP and haven't gotten around to playing BTTF.

I played through 360/ps3 verison of The Walking Dead season 1 and ran into 0 problems other than the screen freeze or whatever and the PC has the exact same issue.

Now how Jurassic Park/BTTF runs i have no idea because i have no interest in JP and haven't gotten around to playing BTTF.

I played the first 2 episode of TWD on PS3 and the freezing was so bad that I thought my PS3 had hardlocked at some scene/camera changes. I never had that sort of problem on PC other than the usual Telltale jank (some very slight screen freezes yeah).

A Christmas raffle for my GAF friends!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Age of Empires II HD Plus The Forgotten Expansion -- MB-706F62FE88412099 - Taken by Kifimbo. 33 entrants total.

t1387668837z1.png

I lost my save 3 times during TWD S1. As good as it was, I haven't bought 400 days as I have no faith the last save will carry over and I'll wait on further episodes of season 2 to come out in the vain hope they have fixed it.

How much better is Kotor 2 with the restored content mod? If it is really as good as I have heard and not just hyperbole, than I might be tempted to get it.

-MD-

Looking at my bank account makes me sad. This will probably be the first Winter sale where I don't get all crazy.

This isn't the first time I've been broke during a sale, I did manage to get enough card money for a game or 2, just waiting for dailies (also considering saving it to put towards DayZ, everytime I go into the DayZ thread I get a little jelly).

Almighty

Bought KOTOR2 finally, wish more star wars games were on sale though so I could pick up the remaining ones I don't have

Have you played it before? Because if not I think you are in for a treat. It is my favorite Star Wars game and one of my favorite RPGs of all time. Which reminds me I still never checked out the Restored Content mod. Maybe I should do that.

Almighty

This isn't the first time I've been broke during a sale, I did manage to get enough card money for a game or 2, just waiting for dailies (also considering saving it to put towards DayZ, everytime I go into the DayZ thread I get a little jelly).

We are pretty much in the same boat. It is why I haven't squeezed the trigger on Age of Empires 2 HD yet. Though now that you mention cards I believe I still have a few games where I can still get some quick drops. That might give me enough money for another cheap game or two.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
How much better is Kotor 2 with the restored content mod? If it is really as good as I have heard and not just hyperbole, than I might be tempted to get it.

Well, it adds in some bug fixes, but primarily, restores content, mainly end-game as well as a bit more depth on Korriban.

It really does make a difference in the ending, which, imo, was the only real negative aspect of the game.

Skip adding in the bonus planet M-748-EP (or whatever it is), though. It's much more unfinished than what was cut from the ending, and it shows.

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
This is the starting post.

The page (if you're a master 100ppp user).

It goes on for the next few pages about how people want to know what game he's talking about but then he rekindles it at post 18898.

Meltdown ensues soon after lol. It's funny because he wouldn't tell anyone what game it was for no apparent reason.
Amazing. Gotta wonder how shameful it must be that he wants it taken out of his Steam library.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Less than 20 minutes left to win Starbound
or Bad Rats

The_Monk

I'm shocked, I just checked why I had so many notifications and it seems it's from that screenshot I took from Batman Origins.

It's the most popular from this Week & ALL TIME.

Around 1000 US-AMERICAN-EUROPEAN-WORLDWIDE-THUMBS-UP.

I'm famous now, best Holidays gift ever.
:p

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
Pretty tempted by Dayz. Anyone know if it's better optimized than the mod?

It is an alpha, expect everything to be buggy, but I've been told by some friends that is awesome regardless (they are die hard fans so take that as you will)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom