• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013: DIE HARDER

Status
Not open for further replies.

ss_lemonade

Bought all 3 Deus Ex games (+ CS GO just to get a snow globe lol). Any mods I should be aware of for the older Dues Ex titles? I've already beaten pre director's cut Human Revolution so I'm ok playing with the other 2 for now (somehow I have doubts I'll ever finish them lol)

So, I have Deus Ex: Human Revolution, have played it for about 6 hours, but stopped. Want to start it again someday, is it worth getting the Directors Cut?

Depends.
(1) You'd probably have to start over.
(2) Depends on what you thought of the boss encounters, I think. That seems to be the main thing they "fixed" if I remember correctly.

Bought all 3 Deus Ex games (+ CS GO just to get a snow globe lol). Any mods I should be aware of for the older Dues Ex titles? I've already beaten pre director's cut Human Revolution so I'm ok playing with the other 2 for now (somehow I have doubts I'll ever finish them lol)

Mod Invisible War by setting it on fire.

5NSqyWA.jpg

Pretty unexpected ending to an already awesome evening. I fucking love Christmas.

I bought my first steam game 7 months ago - 1€ for Rome: Total War. Before that I had a few bundles in my account.

Before summer sale this year I had probably like 100 games
Before autumn sale (last month) I had 450 games
Now I'm sitting at 608 games and counting

Jeeeeeez. This took me four years!

To be fair Camel Master probably spent less than $1000 to get those games.

Yeah, I worked out that my lifetime Steam expenditure was less than $1500. I think the most expensive Steam purchase I ever made was DX:HR at $30 and I don't think I've bought anything else over $20.

finally bought CSGO after chickening out for the past 2 sales along with Brothers Tale of Two sons. Now deciding on shadow warrior or stanley parable for my last haul if they go on sale

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
So...GUACAMELEE. GUYS, THAT GAME IS DOPE.

Doesn't this picture remind you all of that user who created a new Steam account because he didn't like one of the games in his library?

He subsequently created a fuss about it and had a meltdown that got him banned lol.

I hope someone has a link or something. I'd love to read this.

Depends.
(1) You'd probably have to start over.
(2) Depends on what you thought of the boss encounters, I think. That seems to be the main thing they "fixed" if I remember correctly.

Thanks. Decided not too. Read the Steam forums and it seems the Directors Cut has a couple of issues. I'll just play the original.

Evo X

finally bought CSGO after chickening out for the past 2 sales along with Brothers Tale of Two sons. Now deciding on shadow warrior or stanley parable for my last haul if they go on sale

Stanley Parable was already on sale the first day. Think you missed the train on that one unless they do an encore sale.

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
Yeah, I worked out that my lifetime Steam expenditure was less than $1500. I think the most expensive Steam purchase I ever made was DX:HR at $30 and I don't think I've bought anything else over $20.

The monkey island philosophy.

FloatOn

nearing the end of chapter 2 of castlevania lords of shadow.

I've got shadow magic now. layers upon layers of gameplay here folks. I REALLY hope it gets to be a daily for those that haven't experienced it yet .

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Camel Master is even going faster than me! I bought my first Steam game on Winter of 2011, and in two years have amassed over a thousand games. Didn't have 600-something in seven months, though.

~Kinggi~

Banned
nearing the end of chapter 2 of castlevania lords of shadow.

I've got shadow magic now. layers upon layers of gameplay here folks. I REALLY hope it gets to be a daily for those that haven't experienced it yet .

The game is amazing. People that like it really like it and people that dont like God of War, or something.

Everyone always talks about this XCOM game. I looked on Steam and it's a strategy game, and since I'm on the topic of buying strategy games: is XCOM beginner-friendly? Is it like a RTS with a lot of units?

Yes if you play it on Easy like I did as a noob to this type of game. It's still not a cakewalk on that difficulty level for a noob though so don't be frightened by a lack of challenge. You only have a squad of about six or so in your squad and it's turn based. Try the Steam demo; it might convince you as it did me. I absolutely adored the game and if not for FTL it would be my most favourite of all the games I've played on Steam since I started this whole adventure in the Spring.

The Deus Ex HR DC store page says;

Owners of the original Deus Ex: Human Revolution on Steam will receive a special discount on their purchase of The Director's Cut! Additionally, users who also own The Missing Link DLC will receive an even bigger discount on the purchase!

I own the original game, as well as the Missing Link DLC, but it doesn't seem to be giving me a discount when I go to checkout? What's the deal?

Stanley Parable was already on sale the first day. Think you missed the train on that one unless they do an encore sale.

I think every steam sale has repeats eventually, can't decide which one to get though as I think shadow warrior usually drops to around the same price as stanley

Everyone always talks about this XCOM game. I looked on Steam and it's a strategy game, and since I'm on the topic of buying strategy games: is XCOM beginner-friendly? Is it like a RTS with a lot of units?

The game can be tough even on normal. It's not like a rts, you only control a handful of soldiers. Resource management at your base is crucial.
The game is really good. You really feel like the odds are against you which makes each victory feel very rewarding. Watching your units evolve and eventually become super-soldiers is awesome.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I played the original vanilla DE and thought it held up perfectly, so my personal opinion is that it's completely fine unmodded. Of course, there's also the guys who think you should mod it, and in that case you should ask Grief.exe, who has made a nice list of recommended DE and System Shock 2 mods (sadly I have no link at hand, but a quick Google search should do the trick, I believe.)

Curious_George

Neo Member
If anyone still doesn't have these games yet, here. Put like 200 hours in this series before I picked up the bundle and so I've just been sitting on these keys since.

ModBot said:
Instructions for Curious_George:

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

King's Bounty: Armored Princess -- MB-0F75E57924A7D34A - Taken by VitalNerve
King's Bounty: Crossworlds -- MB-DABCA8652FF6A7CA - Taken by MTMBStudios
King's Bounty: The Legend -- MB-AB970664F891C7A0 - Taken by Hesemonni

Your brother probably spent hundreds of dollars on Mabinogi if he got 25 card drops, you get 1 card per $9 spent.

He must have spent a lot to get those cards. Its approximately $9 per card for a F2P game.

Asked him about it, he says he never spent a cent in the game, although he's been playing it for some years. . He never new about cards before so when i told him yesterday he discovered that he was able to reach the level 5 badge for mabinogi, and he did. Now he just got a foil card for the game, around $9.

While 75 percent off is not bad, I wish they gave it to current owners of the game and dlc for free similar to the newer versions of the Arkham series without GFWL

cicero

The Deus Ex HR DC store page says;

I own the original game, as well as the Missing Link DLC, but it doesn't seem to be giving me a discount when I go to checkout? What's the deal?
They have conveniently decided to ignore their own promotion and stick it to everyone who did own those. You have to pay the same price as everyone who didn't own those.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom