• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013: DIE HARDER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salsa

so just to be sure: no one has an extra Bioshock Infinite Season Pass they're willing to sell right

still suffering

bonesquad

Took me an hour to list all my cards for sale, and I quickly made a little over $8 from them all. Whooo! That's better than minimum wage!

How...how the hell did I deal with SC Chaos Theory on PSN for so long? Holy shit, playing on PC is like 100x's better. Load times are super fast, zero lag or framerate issues, and of course the visuals are just an huge improvement over the PSN version. Just have to learn the keyboard controls

Is Spies vs Mercs still active on PC?

RavenSan

Off-Site Inflammatory Member
The incredible Euro Truck Simulator 2 has gotten all of us really into these Simulator games.

The only good thing to come out of those, are the hilarious dubstep epilepsy youtube videos.

I'm really tempted to buy "Woodcutter Simulator 2013" on steam and make one, but I can't justify $7.50 on it.

The_Monk

METAL GEAR?!

!

rDXuUPr.gif

-MD-

Took me an hour to list all my cards for sale, and I quickly made a little over $8 from them all. Whooo! That's better than minimum wage!

I started idling last night since I have absolutely zero spending money, made $12.

Not much but at least I can get a game during the sale. Was hoping DayZ might get a slight discount but that aint happening.

Salsa

what a sad day, they implemented a new way to region lock games, even games from Brazil are region locked now.

yeah, everyone's high on sales right now but if this takes off then it's pretty fucking huge

south american gaf is small. we're screwed. no more gifting with anyone

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Thanks ramoisdead for Trine 2 :D!

GAF IS AWESOME AS USUAL

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
I have a big announcement! Wooooooooo!

header.jpg

Cook, Serve, Delicious has sold over 15,000 copies on Steam, with 24% of that coming from the November Steam Sale. More info: http://t.co/czAgEtvglu

I just wanted to thank everyone for the big success of the game...it's just absolutely astounding. I can't believe it.

The_Monk

To The Moon.

That might get him even more depressed! :(

Cook, Serve, Delicious has sold over 15,000 copies on Steam, with 24% of that coming from the November Steam Sale. More info: http://t.co/czAgEtvglu

I just wanted to thank everyone for the big success of the game...it's just absolutely astounding. I can't believe it.

Congrats fellow GAFfer! Soon you will add a +1 purchase for me, I just know it!

iHEO

Banned
yeah, everyone's high on sales right now but if this takes off then it's pretty fucking huge

south american gaf is small. we're screwed. no more gifting with anyone

Imagine they use this region lock on all the upcoming games, instead of getting pre order like AC IV for $30 ish, now you have to pay the full price, which is at least $50.

drizzle

Axel Hertz

Remember when you told me that you gave up hope that the game would be released on Steam and, I sensed from you, you didn't really bother with it that much anymore?

It's always worth it to be on Steam.

Salsa

Imagine they use this region lock on all the upcoming games, instead of getting pre order like AC IV for $30 ish, now you have to pay the full price, which is at least $50.

that's not really my main problem, my problem is that gifting itself (just out of.. wanting to gift someone something, as a surprise) is gonna be completely fucked and impossible with GAF

Dr Dogg

header.jpg

Thank you for suck an awesome game. Also just received a small 1mb patch. Is that more beta shenanigans?

Salsa

Couldn't you just use keys?

like, from other sites? sure, but still

1) not all games are steamworks
2) sometimes other sites dont sell the games
3) cant use wallet money

they are straight up fucking up steam gifting. this is as effective as any console-type region lock and a massive step back when it comes to the reasons why PC gaming is superior

Aitor

Does anyone have a list of games with movie/tv licences that could end soon? like Battle: Los Angeles, CSI: Crime Scene Investigation™: Hard Evidence, SAW....

Carm

Is getting Snow Globe cards from purchasing broken for anyone else? Just bought Batman AO SP and MGR using my Steam wallet funds and didn't get any cards.

I'm thinking about buying Bioshock 2, just so I can play the Minerva's Den expansion. I liked the original Bioshock, but I don't really want to play a full-length sequel. This is why Minerva's Den appeals to me (stand alone story, short, apparently pretty good), but I don't know if it's worth the price (€5 for Bioshock 2 + €5 for Minerva's Den).

So, should I or should I not?

Arthea

It's sad how the meta game used to revolve around playing your games to get new games and has now become spend money to get cosmetics in free to play games.

you've fallen behind times, now it is: buy games with cards, idle, sell cards, for that money buy more games with cards, rinse and repeat. Entirely different metagame! (><)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom