• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013: DIE HARDER

Status
Not open for further replies.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
DO YOU PEOPLE NEVER LEARN!?

iQUuqIEuipOTf.gif

It's the curse of the Steam Seasonal Sale thread.

Drives me insane every 6 months.

This is my first big steam sale, is this the whole Christmas sale or do more games get added over the Christmas period.
Welcome to mayhem and chaos of your first Steam Sale! My first was this year's Summer Sale :)

To answer your question, new deals rotate every 48 hours (with new dailies every 24 hours), then there are flash sales that rotate every 8 hours, and then there are other games that are on sale that aren't featured on the main page (i.e. Hotline Miami, Miasmata, etc.)

JakeD

i noticed the "buy wishlist" enhanced steam feature for the first time ever this morning, it was $1170. it's $762 now and that includes 5 or 6 games that have no discount at all

why the hell is bus simulator 2012 not on sale

Firebrand

Something seriously wrong with Steam since the last update, the library view is eating up an entire CPU core. Also I'm getting a lot of "Update required" without them actually updating until hours later.

Carm

Bleh, the one time I get up late and I miss Bio Inf sp price mistake. Of course now 2k are being dicks and it has zero discount.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
DUST!!!!

Also, remember that only 1 guy developed the game and he is even a GAFfer!

And possibly furry.
Because we need to have this drive-by trollin' everytime the game is mentioned.

Drkirby said:
Wait, one of the daily deals is a preorder?

Yes, which is a decent deal for the next 48 (less than that, actually) hours. Then it becomes -20% or so and so like $25-28 instead of $20.

Fuuuuuuuu

Stuck at work. All the sites for checking steam sales in the OP are blocked, and I can't even see the images posted, probably because imgur is blocked for some dumb reason.

KAL2006

Banned
Welcome to mayhem and chaos of your first Steam Sale! My first was this year's Summer Sale :)

To answer your question, new deals rotate every 48 hours (with new dailies every 24 hours), then there are flash sales that rotate every 8 hours, and then there are other games that are on sale that aren't featured on the main page (i.e. Hotline Miami, Miasmata, etc.)

Fuck I already spent £80 so far, this is gonna make me broke

elfinke

It was one of those glitch sales during the last big steam sale ala Bioshock Infinite $5 season pass

Haha, I didn't even see that one! No it was on sale legitimately at GetGames, I checked my emails. But it was only a buck or two cheaper than this current price. Still, ~$17US is too rich, looks like Dishonored won't enter my GOTY considerations.

Thanks.

BorntoPlay

Yeah, I mean they've always known I'm in Venezuela because of what shows up in the steam store in the app and the way checkout only works if my venezuelan paypal account and ip are being used together, but today they legit scared the crap out of me by actually telling me they know.

af902d2654c9pp2.png

You never know what cool internet service will get arbitrarily blocked in this damn place and I'd rather they never acknowledge where I'm from and treat me like I'm from the US.

Don't worry someone will take the bait and gift it to you. And stop posting that damn dust in fan picture, it's practically gore.

Hi letters!! i am from venezuela too.... XD

Vibranium

Banned
Aw man, just virtual items and trading cards again for the "event" this year? Man, bring back coal and crafting with new safeguards in place against cheating. Someday...

Well, not much on my list here. I'll wait for Origins to go lower but I am interested in Dust if it gets voted (I did but did you?)

fozzy

I bought CS:GO and Dishonoured.

If anyone wants to add me as a friend they can. I haven't got a single friend.

FURIOUSRUNT

RavenSan

Off-Site Inflammatory Member
i noticed the "buy wishlist" enhanced steam feature for the first time ever this morning, it was $1170. it's $762 now and that includes 5 or 6 games that have no discount at all

why the hell is bus simulator 2012 not on sale

...why the hell is Bus Simulator 2012 on your wishlist?

It's sad how the meta game used to revolve around playing your games to get new games and has now become spend money to get cosmetics in free to play games.

Only interested in Far Cry 3 and F1 2013 this year, however i have spotted DLC content that i might grab before the end of the sale (January 3) - i will most likely purchase the Pinball FX 2 table's that i do not have.

rrs

Haha, I didn't even see that one! No it was on sale legitimately at GetGames, I checked my emails. But it was only a buck or two cheaper than this current price. Still, ~$17US is too rich, looks like Dishonored won't enter my GOTY considerations.

Thanks.

It's a damn good game, it's still a good deal.

im still laughing at how lame the stanley parable discount is

c'mon

Worth it just for the adventure.

Dr Dogg

Not $5 awesome. It's just a few combat maps in a bruce wayne skin. Wouldn't be surprised if he even uses the same move set as Batman does.

Well seeing as he is Batman I'd be shocked otherwise. I'm waiting for the Deathstroke pack to show up due to getting the game free with my card it didn't include it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom