• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013: DIE HARDER

Status
Not open for further replies.

fantomena

Monaco or Dust? Which one would you guys recommend?

DUST!!!!

2298966-iFo40eUBgnzui.gif

Dust-an-elysian-tail.gif

Also, remember that only 1 guy developed the game and he is even a GAFfer!

elfinke

I'm on an idevice so can't access the graphs on steamprices, but my memory is vaguely recalling that the Dishonored GOTY edition was cheaper than this recently at another service, like at GetGames. Anyone know what I'm on about?

Kanokare

Can't believe I forgot Steam likes to mess up discounts like Bioshock's season pass. Gonna be here every 8 hours on the dot now so it doesn't happen again.

-MD-

You're probably losing performance that way. Dual channel and stuff.

I don't believe there's a noticeable performance loss with single/dual channel. I've been using single since last year cause of a broken ram slot and saw no difference.

Racer1977

Recently bought a new budget laptop, specs are:

Intel Celeron 1005M 1.90GHz
8GB RAM
Intel HD Graphics

Will I be limited to Indie games like Hotline Miami, or would something a little more ambitious like Typing of the Dead work?

Gurthang

Banned
I'm sorry to know that... :(

It would be a bit easier if you could give some details of your preferences, at least on genres or so, so more GAFfers could help you picking a game.

I don't know. Something atmospheric and story-driven I guess. I also wouldn't mind a noob friendly multiplayer or MMO game.

8GB RAM
Intel HD Graphics

Will I be limited to Indie games like Hotline Miami, or would something a little more ambitious like Typing of the Dead work?

I would play it very safe with those specs, honestly. There are still hundreds of incredible games you can get, though!

Salsa

wait what

Initiation DLC - Key Features:

Travel back in time: Journey to the days before Batman™ even existed and take control of a young Bruce Wayne in the final stages of his martial arts training. Experience exotic locales including a bamboo forest and mountain-top monastery.

this sounds fucking awesome

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69

8GB RAM
Intel HD Graphics

no dedicated video card. i'd just stick with indies.

Dr Dogg

You're probably losing performance that way. Dual channel and stuff.

Considering before he cleaned out his pc there was what appeared to be toast crumbs and bits of hedge and combined with the temps he was reporting, Salsa pc runs on pixie tears or something.

feel

yup, worth it tho. its great otherwise

btw:

5tbQEuD.png

steam now knows im in uruguay, for the first time ever

im fucked
Yeah, I mean they've always known I'm in Venezuela because of what shows up in the steam store in the app and the way checkout only works if my venezuelan paypal account and ip are being used together, but today they legit scared the crap out of me by actually telling me they know.

af902d2654c9pp2.png

You never know what cool internet service will get arbitrarily blocked in this damn place and I'd rather they never acknowledge where I'm from and treat me like I'm from the US.

I could run to the bank and deposit $10 to get revengeance

but

gonna be on vacation when it comes out probably

I dunno man
Don't worry someone will take the bait and gift it to you. And stop posting that damn dust in fan picture, it's practically gore.

rrs

I'm on an idevice so can't access the graphs on steamprices, but my memory is vaguely recalling that the Dishonored GOTY edition was cheaper than this recently at another service, like at GetGames. Anyone know what I'm on about?

It was one of those glitch sales during the last big steam sale ala Bioshock Infinite $5 season pass

Anteater

what's with the region shit with japanese games lately? FFVIII, sonic racing transformed and now metal gear rising aren't available in my region

Manik

Also hoping for an X-Com: Enemy Within sale... Or something a little more than the 33% off on Amazon.

60% off and it'll be an instabuy. That's probably wishful thinking, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom