• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013: DIE HARDER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Erebus

Although I never finished the first Trine, I enjoyed it as much as I played. Is Trine 2 more of the same or better?

Khronico

I have this horrible feeling that none of the games I have on my wishlist will go on a daily or flash sale.

Well, maybe Ys franchise.

iHEO

Banned
that's not really my main problem, my problem is that gifting itself (just out of.. wanting to gift someone something, as a surprise) is gonna be completely fucked and impossible with GAF

Then you shouldn't be worry, they will only use this region lock on big games, most games will stay region free like they are now.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Thanks everyone!

Remember when you told me that you gave up hope that the game would be released on Steam and, I sensed from you, you didn't really bother with it that much anymore?

It's always worth it to be on Steam.

Oh yeah, definitely. Steam took a chance with me considering I wasn't that close to the top 100. I remember the weekend of release last year, with barely a dozen or two copies sold, and wondering if this was the complete miserable end to my gaming career. Man.

Thank you for suck an awesome game. Also just received a small 1mb patch. Is that more beta shenanigans?

It was to take out a dev key that I left in (pressing Backspace would switch pressing Enter to cook items to pressing Space), and to adjust the scrolling for leaderboards. :D

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

The_Monk

Alright, it seems some people say they have everything, others don't know what to get so I'll repost some titles and adding others.

Fear not, there's a game for you oh mighty-hyped-steam-consumer! Behold:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/45100/?snr=1_7_15__13

PRW62yLl.jpg

http://store.steampowered.com/app/25...snr=1_7_15__13

HIjT1FTl.jpg

http://store.steampowered.com/app/94000/?snr=1_7_15__13

ZW6k47sl.jpg

http://store.steampowered.com/app/15160/?snr=1_7_15__13

r3a04VOl.jpg

http://store.steampowered.com/app/15150/?snr=1_7_15__13

3jTI8tPl.jpg

http://store.steampowered.com/app/15140/?snr=1_7_15__13

CEaWayal.jpg

http://store.steampowered.com/app/34900/

m6SvAbml.jpg

http://store.steampowered.com/app/267610/?snr=1_7_15__13

MxdrCvIl.jpg

Logistic

I knew I should have grabbed the new Batman game on black friday (was $20).

Still thinking about it for $25 - plus it's set on Christmas Eve... It's like I have to play it.

Derrick01

Banned
Alright after doing a solid 5 minutes of investigation it seems like a lot of these recent simulator games are all from the same developer (who's name appears to have been hidden/changed) and they're all borderline scam games due to how horrendous their optimization and controls are, and they don't support the games with patches or fixes either.

That's what the steam community said for each of the games at least. I think I'll just stick to Euro Truck and Farming sim for now. I thought it was a little suspicious that both woodcutting sim and airport sim are from the same publisher, who only has those 2 games on their steam resume, and they both released today.

bonesquad

Not even 3 days and Tiny Thief is already 70% off. Rovio are Big Thiefs.

Didn't know that was coming to/on Steam. I loved it on iOS, but yeah that is weak. Though people had to know Sales were coming...

Edit: They were selling it for $15? Ouch. I think it was $3 on iOS.

rezn0r

Is getting Snow Globe cards from purchasing broken for anyone else? Just bought Batman AO SP and MGR using my Steam wallet funds and didn't get any cards.

I spent around $15 earlier and got 1 card, so it worked for me. My question is about the F2P games, I've had Path of Excile (which is awesome btw) running for a few hours now and I've had nothing drop. Did I misread the rules? I figured it was like the summer sale with cards dropping. I am remotely using my system at home so it's slow as shit now to navigate around with that running.

Gaf I think I need an adult...

Too many games on sale I don't know what to do. There an aggregated list that shows the best games for under $10/$5.

Too much for me. I can't handle it, seek guidance from an experienced Pc head.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
The Sims 3 is currently 26 euro (down from 45), any chance of EA actually going 75% or more on this sucker?

RS4-

I spent around $15 earlier and got 1 card, so it worked for me. My question is about the F2P games, I've had Path of Excile (which is awesome btw) running for a few hours now and I've had nothing drop. Did I misread the rules? I figured it was like the summer sale with cards dropping. I am remotely using my system at home so it's slow as shit now to navigate around with that running.

F2P games won't give you any drops unless you spend money in their respective stores. $10 but I'm not sure if that was one card drop or half the set.

Warframe and Dota are the same as well

Carm, I believe it was mentioned earlier that pre purchased items like Mgr don't count toward the snow globe drop.

Salsa

I am now using a bronchodilator because of all the dust I took out of my PC

so yeah if you havent in a couple months clean your PC in like a fucking empty stadium or something if you have asthma

Card Boy

Banned
Didn't know that was coming to/on Steam. I loved it on iOS, but yeah that is weak. Though people had to know Sales were coming...

3 days is a slap in the face though to people that bought it for the 13 or 15 dollars it was. It beats when people got 'Torched' when Torchlight went 75% off after 20 something days or when Super Meat Boy got a massive sale less than a month.

I have a big announcement! Wooooooooo!

header.jpg

Cook, Serve, Delicious has sold over 15,000 copies on Steam, with 24% of that coming from the November Steam Sale. More info: http://t.co/czAgEtvglu

I just wanted to thank everyone for the big success of the game...it's just absolutely astounding. I can't believe it.

Glad to see the success.

CSD was placed in my personal top 10 games of the year so I obviously highly recommend it. Going in I thought it was a bit simple and I was buying only for that old "support a GAF person" reason. But what I got was a game with surprising depth that is amazingly addictive.

I voted for Shadowrun since FTL has been on sale numerous times. FTL is on sale (4.99) on the Dev site now, so buy it from there if you don't have a copy yet and the devs get more of the money.

feel

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Counter Strike Global Offensive -- MB-33F96F245C6647CA taken

t1387498369z1.png
"GO GO GO!"

Lain

I have a big announcement! Wooooooooo!

header.jpg

Cook, Serve, Delicious has sold over 15,000 copies on Steam, with 24% of that coming from the November Steam Sale. More info: http://t.co/czAgEtvglu

I just wanted to thank everyone for the big success of the game...it's just absolutely astounding. I can't believe it.

Grats!
The game is quite addictive and fun, so well deserved.

rezn0r

F2P games won't give you any drops unless you spend money in their respective stores. $10 but I'm not sure if that was one card drop or half the set.

Warframe and Dota are the same as well

Carm, I believe it was mentioned earlier that pre purchased items like Mgr don't count toward the snow globe drop.

damn! ok thanks. that makes sense though. i have 3 of them installed but barely ever touch them.

Tizoc

Any chance of Darksiders 2 going for under $10 this time?
Doesn't seem like Transformers is going on sale on Amazon this Winter either...

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last week, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Dishonored -- MB-B7DB919A83219ED5 - Taken by Eternia. 20 entrants total.
Bioshock Infinite -- MB-2F2D5A8E7BE973C9 - Taken by Prophane33. 34 entrants total.
Monaco -- MB-0A1952CD14C26F00 - Taken by MisterRoboto. 21 entrants total.
all taken

t1387498414z1.png

HAVE AT IT

Colin.

Alright, it seems some people say they have everything, others don't know what to get so I'll repost some titles and adding others.

Fear not, there's a game for you oh mighty-hyped-steam-consumer! Behold:

This should be released as "The Best of Steam: Complete Pack" It would be an instant buy from me.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Any chance of Darksiders 2 going for under $10 this time?
Doesn't seem like Transformers is going on sale on Amazon this Winter either...

It's $10 right now on GameTap and comes with a Steam key.

If you can wait or want to use card money, I'd say there's a good chance it'll be a daily deal at this price.

The_Monk

There are exactly 80 GAF on my Friends List.

I can spend $80.

What does everyone want and I'll consider buying it.

You could always grab some good old Secret of the Magic Crystals for 0.99€ or check those hidden deals for 4.99€ such RE 5, or the older Assassins Creed games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom